It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Baton Passing: Scizor or Ninjask? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should have a Scizor or a Ninjask on my team. Movesets would be fairly standard:

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Jolly | Speed Boost
252 Spd, 129 Atk/Def, 129 HP
~Substitute
~Protect
~Swords Dance
~Baton Pass

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant | Swarm/Technician
252 HP, 129 Spd, 129 Sp Def
~Swords Dance
~Agility
~Baton Pass
~X-scissor/Bullet Punch

I plan on primarily passing to my physical sweeping Metagross or Kingdra, or special sweeping Chandelure, in order to take advantage of Flash Fire. All opinions and ideas are welcome :)

Last edited by darkn00b on Sun May 15, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 15, 2011 11:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Personal opinion here is that Ninjask is still the best Baton Passer in the game whilst Scizor can fill other roles much better.

I personally use...

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
Speed Boost
4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor

Up against Sandstorm leads you use Protect on the first turn and Baton pass away a Speed Boost to something like Scizor or Gliscor that can then boost it's attack it'self. Up against Taunt Leads use Swords Dance first and then attempt a 2HKO with X-Scissor which will come off most of the time. Against EVERYTHING else, Swords Dance 1st turn, Protect second, Baton Pass 3rd. Bobs your uncle Tina's you aunt jobs a good'un.

Sun May 15, 2011 12:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I would definitely go with Ninjask if you plan to pass off to a metagross, AgiliGross is a beast of a pokemon for a reason.

Sat May 21, 2011 5:38 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
Personal opinion here is that Ninjask is still the best Baton Passer in the game whilst Scizor can fill other roles much better.

I personally use...

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
Speed Boost
4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor

Up against Sandstorm leads you use Protect on the first turn and Baton pass away a Speed Boost to something like Scizor or Gliscor that can then boost it's attack it'self. Up against Taunt Leads use Swords Dance first and then attempt a 2HKO with X-Scissor which will come off most of the time. Against EVERYTHING else, Swords Dance 1st turn, Protect second, Baton Pass 3rd. Bobs your uncle Tina's you aunt jobs a good'un.

I use this EXACT set on my ninjask, even down to the evs! :) except what i tend to do is use the protect first turn THEN swords dance, seems to work better in my opinion. then baton pass it to a physical sweeper and let the fun begin 8-)

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Definitely go with the Ninjask, Scizor is better used for other purposes

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:04 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you're gonna be using Ninjask, you need to have him in the lead, or you will get screwed by stealth rocks. Or have a spinner in your team. Also, you need something to deal with Cloyster, because his Icicle Spear will OHKO you whether you have a sub or not. Also note that because Deoxys-S and a couple of high speed scarfers are faster than you, you need to protect on turn one, or they will screw you over. Also, any strong priority, like Arcanine's Extremespeed or Scizor's Bullet Punch, will probably OHKO your Ninjask.

Personally, I think Scizor is better. This is because everyone expects a Scizor to start off using U-Turn, Bullet Punch, etc. So when you switch into, say a Latios, they will almost automatically switch out, giving you a free Agility. Then you can Swords Dance if you have the chance to survive a hit, then baton pass. Unlike Ninjask, you can also resort to attacking yourself if things don't look good, by having Bullet Punch or Bug Bite as the fourth move. If you want Scizor's roles filled, you can have Flygon, Genesect, Ambipom or Mienshao for U-Turn, Breloom, Conkeldurr, Azumarill, Absol or Bisharp for priority, and Tyranitar or Krookodile for Pursuit trapping.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

this is what I put together you decide what to do.

scizor
max HP with evs 344
max DF with evs 328
max spDF with evs 284
possible moves
agility, baton pass, rain dance, double team, endure, roost,
focus energy, protect, swords dance, substitute, sunny day,
tail winds,

ninjask
max HP with evs 326
max DF with evs 207
max spDF with evs 218
possible moves
agility, baton pass, harden, hone claw,
protect, swords dance, substitute, sunny day,

ninjask has the better ability over the two.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Personally, if I ever get around to making a Baton team, Im gonna use Ninjask. The simple reason is Speed boost(Pass thatextra speed to my Meinshoa along with a sword dance= Sweet). It all really comes down to personal preference and how you plan on using it.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:06 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ninjask is more cool..

Mark
"training on the use of my expandable batons and mastering it"

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]