So I finally got started on my new team. My lead Ferrothorn is as follows:

Brave nature

252 hp/ 252 att/ 252 Def

Item Chesto berry/ rocky helmet

Curse
Power Whip
Gyroball
Payback/Rest

This is essentially a curse set, Curse up then let loose with either power whip or gyro ball

The problem is I thought i had this guy all figured out by going with payback and Rocky Helmet. However I was talking to someone who said why not go with Rest and Chesto Berry, that way you can recover from the damage you've taken from settin up Curse. I took a look at Smogon, didn't really help me that much. So Im stuck. Should I go with a more damaging set with payback+rocky helmet, OR add more of a wall element to it with Rest+ Chesto berry?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The downside to using a Ferrothorn lead is that he folds to any fire move. which any OU team worth salt has one if not more Fire moves or HP fire. So setting up curse would just give their lead time to set up hazards and switch to their Ferro check. If you want a powerful hitter go with Choice band or Life orb w/ Rest and a cleric.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ah, I see. I also should have mentioned that this is only gonna be used in the Battle Subway (I cant connect with people via WiFi). I was a little tired when I wrote the first post, so I guess I forgot to mention that.

This does help me though, I TOTALLY forgot about the entrance hazards, and I had a feeling Fire types would cause me a problem. The only problem with life orb is that, I already have one on my team that's gonna be holding it and be getting nasty recoil damage. And I just really dont like Choice items (I dont like being moved locked).

However going by what you said (again, sorry I forget to mention it was for the Battle Subway), Rest is the better choice. I thank you good sir for your time and help.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]