It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Battle Subway Team (Sweeper Based) - Pokemon Black 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

This team is for Battle Subway only. IV's only matter a little to me and I have taken care of that by breeding a 31 IV in attack onto Mienshao and a 31 IV in sp. attack onto Volcarona and Zoroark. Please make as many changes to the following as possible, even if you must replace a Pokemon with another.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: Zoroark
Moves: Dark Pulse, Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot
Ability: Illusion
Hold Item: King's Rock/Brightpowder
EV's: 252 sp. attack, 252 speed
IV's: don't matter to me
-Okay, so Zoroark comes out as an Illusion of Mienshao. That means people will use Psychic moves on him which he is immune to. I usually start off with a Nasty Plot and then try to just hit them hard from there. King's Rock helps with some frequent flinching. Brightpowder for the rare case in which my opponent misses because of it. Dark Pulse for STAB, Extrasensory for coverage against Fighting types, Flamethrower for coverage against Bug types and for other types like steel, grass, ice, etc.

2: Volcarona
Moves: Flamethrower, Psychic, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance
Ability: Flame Body
Hold Item: Leftovers
EV's 252 sp. attack, 252 speed
-Volcarona's move setup is pretty close to Zoroark's. I usually try to bulk up with Quiver Dance and then sweep afterwards. Leftovers help if the opponent can only helplessly use Sp. Attack moves on Volcarona while she just keeps gaining stats. Flamethrower and Bug Buzz for STAB, Psychic for... Fighting and Poison types? I need help with this one.

3: Mienshao
Moves: Drain Punch, Fake Out, U-Turn, Stone Edge
Ability: Regenerator
Hold Item: Focus Sash/Big Root
EV's: 252 attack, 252 speed
-Mienshao's ability + Drain Punch + Fake Out + U-Turn make it a pretty reliable sweeper. Fake Out to remove Focus Sash usability, U-Turn to hit Psychics hard and switch out (not to mention, Regenerator will heal Mienshao a little too). Drain Punch for STAB and regain on life. Focus Sash to ensure survival against fast Psychic and Flying types. Big Root for absorbing more HP with Drain Punch. Stone Edge for pesky Flying types like Archeops (who pretty much obliterates my whole team).

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
----------------------------------
Trading Thread
----------------------------------

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]