It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Deoxys-D Ban 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The last member of the Deoxys Formes found its way in Ubers. It was voted off with a percentage of about 60% to 40%. Main reasons were the great bulk and vast movepool which made Deoxys-D an excellent wall or support. What are your views on the behemoth's ban?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

It was only a matter of time, but I still miss it.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Really?

I never even had a faint issue with dealing with Deoxys-D. It was almost always a team's lead and as such was great set-up fodder. At worst it got one hazard in and maybe a Red card phaze or night shade.

Also in-between them lowering the percentage to ban from the usual 66% to 50% and the errored/skewed ranking system for this voting round all seems too poor quality to come from Smogon. :/

I wonder if Smogon getting bored with OU and are just throwing pokes under the bus. The last round of Keledo/Tornadus-T just seemed silly as of an overcentralizing issue with rain, in which the T-T ban didn't reduce usage nor offensive power in drizzle teams.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:08 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
Also in-between them lowering the percentage to ban from the usual 66% to 50% and the errored/skewed ranking system for this voting round all seems too poor quality to come from Smogon. :/

...what.
It's supposed to get a two-thirds, or TWO simple majorities for a ban.
...what a bunch of bakas.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, if not for the new system, Deoxys would have stayed in OU since it got 59.48% (or close to that).
Honestly, OU begins to annoy me, what with all the hate Rain gets and the tendency to send stronger Pokemon in Ubers resulting on things like Foretress getting so much attention. Really, with Deoxys-D now out, Foretress will probably gain fame and same happens with neglected Dual Screens sets such as Jirachi's. AoH on the Beach also mentioned the fact that Deoxys was common in weatherless teams and its disappearance will centralize the metagame on weather even more.
On the other hand, I wonder how Deoxys will work in Ubers. Stall is out of question, but still it's a quite speedy hazard setter. Too bad I can't use it, since I always run Deoxys-A in Ubers.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]