It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 New Type chart. 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The latest issue of Corocoro has been reveled. Showing the weakness and resists of Fairy-type

Offensively
Fairy is super effective to Fighting, Dark, and Dragon
Fairy is not very effective to Poison, Steel, and Fire

Defensively
Fairy resists Fighting, Dark, Bug
Fairy is immune to Dragon
Fairy is weak to Steel, Poison

Also Steel-type has lost it's resistances to Dark and Ghost.

Thoughts and opinions on this?

I'm going to love crunching Jirachi and Moonblasting Sableye <3

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:02 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Fairy stuff is good other than making another type resist Bug and giving Steel another resistance.

If they were going to play around with existing type match ups, they could have done more than give Steel the weakest nerf ever. :/ Like, say, making Ice not an unfathomable wreck, especially when they just made an Ice/Rock fossil that will be nearly unusable because everything can kill it.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Life is unfair... Obviously, they tried to give Steel and Dragon a nerf, but I don't think they've done much... At least, they didn't mess up the entire chart. That would be unbearable.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Personally I'm surprised they left Water alone, With Drizzle basically dominating both OU and Wi-fi/VGC formats. I was hoping Fairy would resist Water or it would become weak to Poison.

Ghost got a decent buff by losing it's steel-resist, which leaves it to only having one resist and one immunity. But barring Gengar/Girantina it really lacks powerful attackers and high-BP moves to cause any major damage.(This could of course change.) Dark-types really seem to stay the same, they lost a resist and got a resist. The only great thing I see about this and Ghost is that it widens the movepools of pokes who need a Steel-cutting move to not have to force a water/electric/ground/fight/fire coverage move, making coverage moves a bit more varied, especially since dark moves are pretty widespread. For instance Drapion with Cross Posion/Crunch now gets quite good STABneutral coverage on these two moves alone.

I'm a bit annoyed on them making Fairy both resist AND deal SE damage to Fighting types. I can understand making Fairy SE to Fighting as it really needed a better weaknesses then uncommon flying/psychic but it really didn't need an additional resist.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:00 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I would have given Ice SOMETHING. Either make it resist Fairy or Water... maybe even both. It doesn't have to make sense. Some of the type chart is done for balance purposes. Conversely Poison could have gotten another offensive strength or two, but eh. I wouldn't have wanted grand, sweeping changes but they could have balanced things a little bit better than trading Steel's Dark and Ghost resistances for a Fairy resistance. -_-

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:11 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I think I'm going to stop playing new Pokemon now for good and camp out in Black 1 and Emerald for the remainder of my days.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The type chart isn't bad after these editions. I think they did a couple of things to make Fairy a new type but not making it a bigger transition than it needed to be. I don't think anyone should disconsider buying X or Y because of this because no one is ever going to be completely happy with the type chart. Everyone has some types they like that maybe have too many weaknesses or are resisted by too many Pokemon and that's been the case every step of the way. Obviously there are gonna be some big changes with Bronzong now being weak to Dark and Ghost and Sableye and Spiritomb no longer being weakness-free (I can hear Tynamo and its evolutions mocking them as we speak). But yeah I'm pretty intrigued by the type chart now and I'm looking forward to this Generation and seeing how the battles are like with the new additions :)

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Some new changes have been reveled by a press release from the Pokemon Company (As read from s,erebii.)

-Ghost-types are now immune to trapping moves such as Mean Look (I wonder if this includes Shadow Tag and Magma Storm?)

-Grass-types are now unaffected by Sleep powder/Stun spore/Poison Powder/Spore.

-Electric-types are now fully immune to paralysis.

I'm miffed about that last one, as Para+Subseed is the only way my Ferrothorn could beat Magenzone.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah those are some game changing revisions in the battle system that could cost you if you don't remember. It'll definitely make Grass and Electric Pokemon even more handy against teams heavy on status ailment moves, especially if that Grass or Electric Pokemon knows Aromatherapy or Heal Bell.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It really hurts spore users, Breloom is now basically countered by any grass-type that isn't weak to mach punch. Smeargle is fully shut down if the grass type can phaze, or it'll be set to using dark void or lovely kiss with hax failing it occasionally.

I'm actually happy with this.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Considering how Generation 5 made Sleep a bit stronger as a status problem, I think that's the least they can do.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:37 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Rotom-C for OU, **** yeah

I''m totally down for every type having some sort of bonus benefit like this. Fire/Ice/Poison already had them with their status conditions, it's nice to add Grass/Electric/Ghost to the list as well

ep maek real post, wot?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The Electric type finally gets immunity to Paralysis. That could prove game-changing as well, considering how many Pokemon run T-Wave.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

EvilPenguin wrote:
Rotom-C for OU, **** yeah

Hell, Rotom-H is now both burn and paralysis immune.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:39 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yeah but burn isn't horribly important to Rotom since it's a specially based attacker. Sleep is much more incapacitating.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:15 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

They should have made one of the types immune to sleep as well. Maybe Dark or Psychic, but the latter would probably need the help more.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:42 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sleep isn't really associated with a single type though.

That said, Psychic should be immune to confusion.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

EvilPenguin wrote:
Yeah but burn isn't horribly important to Rotom since it's a specially based attacker. Sleep is much more incapacitating.

Nope, but being able to switch into WoW and T-wave is a great asset to any team sweeper. Throw in a Volt Switch, Trick and a few Status moves and BAM you got a stew baby!

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]