It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Battle Mansion 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So....I just tried the battle Mansion, and to be honest.....not much of a change since the Battle tower. I did find it a little easier to beat 21 trainers in a row (Mega Charizard taking down most of them). AND THEN I GOT TO THE BATTLE....whatever they are called.
And holy cow....SHE SWEEPED ME WITH A GRUMPIG. (my team was Charizard, Doublade, and Chesnaught, not EV trained or anything, since this was just a trial run.) So the difficulty went from about......a 1-2 to...like a 8 or 9.

I do like how they award the BP now. You get 1 BP for the first 10 trainers, then 2 for the next 10. So, Bp is more optainable this time around.

So what are your guy's thoughts? Is the version of the Battle tower Hard, easier or about the same as the past incarnations?

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That Grumpig and Sleep haxing Purulgy...

I do like the new system for climbing and BP. I don't feel it any harder or easier then before though.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I dunno, I did find the normal mode a bit easier, including the Battle Chatelaines. I swept through Single, Double and Multi and lost like 5-6 Pokemon in total, and perhaps I'm overestimating it. I wouldn't say the Chatelaines have a difficulty of 8-9, more like 4-6. Then again, perhaps it's just me getting better... I also did have an EV trained team on each case.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Unless you guys are talking about the Super Single mode, I agree with ChillBill in that I found the Single mode to be rather easy. My lead Pokemon fainted only a few times and I had little trouble with the Chatelaine. I had only slightly EV trained my Pokemon. Maybe you just got unlucky with the type matchups.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cherrygrove wrote:
Unless you guys are talking about the Super Single mode, I agree with ChillBill in that I found the Single mode to be rather easy. My lead Pokemon fainted only a few times and I had little trouble with the Chatelaine. I had only slightly EV trained my Pokemon. Maybe you just got unlucky with the type matchups.

Dat 112 speed Purulgy with a magically accurate hypnosis, dream eater, and no regard for sleep clause...

I've been finding super singles pretty easy with a Expert belt Protean Greninja. It's pretty much just fooling the AI to hit me with something I will resist and 1-2HKO everything.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That's exactly what I used for Multi battles, though my brother tended to try and kill me with his Haxorus' EQ (luckily it has Rivalry). But Purugly... meh. "Lucario has mega evolved into Mega Lucario! Lucario used Close Combat!". Or maybe it was with Blaziken? Hard to remember.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ChillBill wrote:
I dunno, I did find the normal mode a bit easier, including the Battle Chatelaines. I swept through Single, Double and Multi and lost like 5-6 Pokemon in total, and perhaps I'm overestimating it. I wouldn't say the Chatelaines have a difficulty of 8-9, more like 4-6. Then again, perhaps it's just me getting better... I also did have an EV trained team on each case.

Thats what probably did it for you. My Team was pretty much just a hash together of my team that beat the E4.

Cherrygrove wrote:

Unlucky, more than likely. That Grumpig out-sped All my Pokes. Everything up to the chatelaine was cake a walk. But when I faced the Chatelaine...It was like I hit a brick wall.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]