It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:17 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Looking for some constructive critisim for my team. 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, so I think I made a pretty half decent team on Showdown, and am now trying to get the pokes in game. There are just a few things I'd like some people to take a look at and give there insight. (Before anyone says anything, yes I posted it on Smogon, But after almost 300 views, no one has responded, Heck im not even getting a "this was done incorrectly"message/ locked for in-proper write up).

Im not sure if posting my team/ link to my team would be a good idea ATM. So instead ill just see if anyone is interested and then maybe link it here, copy paste it, or just Pm it to them.

Either way thanks in advance for the help.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

PM it to me and I can look over it for ya.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I can look at it but I am bad at saying/seeing the flaws of Pokemon soooo..... Pm the team or link if you want. If you don't no prob.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'll give it a look too if you'd like. I'm not the greatest teambuilder in the world but I can give it a look.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I am also willing to look at your team.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, I sent all four of you the link Via Pm.

Doesnt really matter if you PM me your thoughts or just post your thoughts here in the thread, whatever floats your boat.

Thanks again!

Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hey, hey, I want to see it too! Can I get the link?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ChillBill wrote:
Hey, hey, I want to see it too! Can I get the link?

I have Pmed you the link, Mr.ChillBill. You can either PM me your thoughts or just post em here, however you feel like doing it.

I thank you good sir in Advance.

Also thanks to Mason and Dare for there thoughts. (Sorry if its a tad late, busy busy busy!)

Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry for the double posts, but i figured I'd share with everyone what my team looks like now. Id like to thank those who took the time too look it over. Ill be sending a PM to the mods to close this thread to prevent a wave of people rating. Although not a bad thing, since it would make the battle tower forum more active, I just think things might get out of hand.

Any changes will be in done as Follows:

Red= Before(only applies to move sets)
Blue=After

Espeon

Timid
252 Sp.Att/4 Hp/ 252 Speed
Magic Bounce
Expert Belt

Psyshock
Shadow BallLight Screen
Dazzling Gleam
Hp-Fire

This is one of two possible leads on my team. After playing a few matches, I realized Klefki was a real pain in my butt, so this was my answer. Ive always wanted to do an offensive Espeon, and Gen 6 made it THAT much easier. Psyshock over Psychic for Stab, Shadow Ball for other Psychic Types, Dazzling Gleam for coverage, And HP-Fire for Klefkei and the likes. After a few experimentations, I settled on Expert Belt as the item of choice.Dare suggested that my team should carry one of the screens, and Mason Suggested swapping out Shadow ball for Light screen. I tried this out on Smogon, and I liked what I saw.

Klefkei

Impish
252 Hp/4 Att/252 Def
Prankster
Focus Sash

T-wave
Foul Play
Spikes
Play rough/Draining Kiss/ Swagger

And this is one of my second possible leads. The set is pretty much self explanatory. The only problem Im having is what to go in the 4th slot. Swagger works well with Foul Play, but I found more often then not, that bit me in the butt. Draining Kiss works well to keep him alive, but doesn't really work with his nature, and Play Rough is nice, and the chance to knock down an opponents attack while doing damage is nice, its coming off an univested stat. Ive tried all 3, but I cant seem to decide what works best....
All three of the people that looked at my team (Dare,Mason and ChillBill) said Swagger is a must if I carry Foul Play. As such, Swagger wins.

Avalugg

Brave
4Hp/ 252 Att/ 252 Def/ 0 Ivs speed
Sturdy
Leftovers

Avalanche
Gyro Ball/Toxic
Earthquake
Recover

This guy...sweet mother of pearl. This guy may have a bad defensive typing, and have might have a Sp.Def worse than a wet paper bag... but he can sure as heck can take (physical)punishment. I did try a more physical defensive spread with Rapid Spin, but I just didn't like it. So I went more of a Physical route. I kept full investment in Def, since I found that to do better then investing into HP. I kept three of the 4 moves from the defensive set, as I saw those work well, and swapped out Rapid Spin for Gyro ball.
All in all, this set works rather well. Mason Suggested either Roar or Toxic in place of Gyro ball, as EQ and Ava provide perfect coverage. I went with Toxic to deal with Rotom-W.

Barbacle

Adamant
4 Hp/ 252 Att/ 252 Speed
Tough Claws
White Herb

Shell Smash
Cross ChopEarthquake
Razor Shell
Poison Jab

This guy is one of two physical sweepers on my team. This guy loves coming in on a Paralyzed poke (thanks to Klefki) and setting up shell smash, and then preceding to sweep. Really doesn't need much more explanation than that. I do find people tend to quit on me after I take out one of their pokes with this guy though...EQ over Cross Chop for Accuracy.

AegiSlash

Adamant
252 Att/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed
Stance change
Spell Tag

Sword Dance
King's Sheild
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword

The second of my Physical Sweepers. I invested in Speed, cause the AegiSlash I have in game had wonderful Iv's in everything....But Hp. I realize that's a little redundant when he has Shadow Sneak, but it works. This guy also like paralysis, letting him set up at least one Sword Dance. I went with spell tag to power up his Shadow sneak some more. Again, not much explanation needed for this guy's set.Noted that I should have invested EVs in HP, but I dont like looking a gift horse in the mouth when it comes to breeding. Soo ill stick with guy until I see him as a problem. Also Noted that I could run sort of a mixed set with Shadow ball instead of SD.

Dragalge

Modest
252Hp/ 252 Sp.Att/ 4 Sp.Def
Poison Point
Black SludgeChoice Specs

Sludge Wave
Dragon PulseDraco Meteor
T-Bolt
Focus blast

Ive been flip-flopping between this guy and Trevenant. I decided on this guy (for now.) I have him set up as a Bulky Special sweeper. I know what your thinking "Where's Draco?" Well...I dont like using it. For me the stat drop in Special is too much when this guy is a SPECIAL sweeper. If he was more of a mixed, then yes, id be using Draco. I chose Sludge wave for a bit more OOMPH over Sludge bomb, Focus Blast for Steel types, and T-Bolt for water types. I went with black sludge for some reliable recovery, and also to cause some damage if they decided to use trick on him. I do find him very useful, but I find his Defenses make him very Squishy.As much as I DESPISE Choice items AND Draco Meteor on a purely special poke....I have to agree with Mason, Dragagle needs it....no doubt about it. I still like him though, and doing thoe two changes helped this guy a LOT.

Threats:

Mega Kangaskan wreaks me. Avalugg is able to hold her back, but then she gets to PP Punch set up.

Rotom W- I dont really have a solid check to this guy. I can take it down, but that relys too much on luck.

Conclusion:

I feel like this is the most solid team Ive made to date, but I feel like there are some gaps that could be filled. Klefki's fourth moveslot is hard to chose, and flip flopping between Dragagle and Trevenant in the last slot has me a little confused as to what I want the last poke to do.

Thanks to Everyone that took a look at it. And Fingers Crossed that the Rating center opens soon *fingers crossed*

Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:27 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]