It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Final Pre-Pokebank teams. 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So this tier will likely dissappear with the release of Pokebank/transfer this week. So post your final sets for the Kalos-only meta.

Slashed moves are changes for Doubles/Triples

Shichimi (Hariyama) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 68 SDef / 184 Def / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch/Feint
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Finally had to phaze out Hitmontop, This guy acts as a great lead. Punching holes right away with CC or hindering an opposing lead or switch-in with Knock off. AV allows him to tank hits from both sides quite well, Survivng unboosted Talonflame's BB or LO Alakazam's Psychic. 4 Speed puts him just past uninvested Mawile,Azumarril, and Chansey. EQ has become decent coverage with fighting this gen. and BP/Feint for Priority, BP is a bit of Fairy coverage and Feint hits Steel Resists a bit better and bypasses other priority and Gale Wings.

Convection (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SDef / 44 Def
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Overheat
- Thunder

Pyrostaller set. Rotom-H checks so many of then new threats this gen, walling Scizor, Talonflame, Togekiss, Mawile, Kelfki, and Aegislash. and from there spam WoW or Thunder. Thunder is used over T-bolt to score OHKOs on Talonflame, Starmie, Greninja on a switch-in, which T-bolt cannot, and the para rate is nice enough to hinder any special walls hoping to force him out.

Enoki (Amoonguss) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Swagger
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Nerfed version of my SwaggerPlay set, but still functions quite well. This is a ultimate counter to any Breloom set this gen. and can check most fairy-types barring Togekiss and Gardevior.

Gunkanmaki (Gyarados) (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Needed a mega on my team and this pokemon works quite well. Indimidate gives him chances to switch in and DD up. and after evolving can sweep with Mold Breaker. OHKOing Rotom-W, Multiscale Dragonite, and even Charizard Y in the Sun.

Pinot Noir (Florges) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast/Dazzling Gleam
- Aromatherapy

Cleric, Such great stats but a useless ability. EVs make him as bulky as possible on both sides. and Moonblast makes a good STAB which can increase it's special bulk enough to pass wishes and heal the rest of the team.

Chef's Knife (Doublade) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 HP / 16 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Toxic/Brick Break
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball

Doublade makes a great physical tank. Even able to take STAB EQ and Flare blitz reasonably well and smash back with Gyro Ball or SD up and clean with Shadow Sneak. Toxic helps him deal with walls like Hippowdon, Rotom, Sableye, Quagsire.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

God this team grew on me. I love all of them, especially since I hatched them myself. It's a real shame that pokesav/pokegen is a thing, I think it just takes away the devotion someone has for a team. Ranting aside, here is my team. It's singles only.

Booker (Sylveon) M @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm (Which I actually got to see go off for once haha)
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 4 SpAtk
Toxic
Protect
Wish
Moonblast

It's cool to note that outside of online I find the coolest thing about this guy. You are supposed to use Pokemon Amie to get an Eevee to evolve into Sylveon, but as you claim more hearts (which I am at 4 right now), your pokemon will turn back and nod its head and you'll have different dialogue when sending it out. I wish that crossed over to online, I don't really care for the increased evasiveness.

Impact (Talonflame) M @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 80 ish HP/ 252 ATT/ 172 Speed
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Roost

Talonflame is overused, though I've always wanted a bird pokemon on a team. I'd like to breed a Pidgeot later, but Talonflame will do for now. Hits like a god damn train with Choice Band.

Maroon (Espeon) M @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 Speed
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Dazzling Gleam
Grass Knot

Switched out Morning Sun for Shadow Ball and Life Orb for Assault Vest. I think he would work better with a timid nature, so he could outspeed, but whatever. The AV helps since he's so frail (survived a crit sludge wave from a Nidoqueen with 7 hp). But if, and when, he gets attacks off it pretty much demolishes the enemy.

Boogers (Krookodile) M @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed
Crunch
Earthquake
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang

Wonderful Pokemon. Boogers has consistently come in and wreaked havoc in 3v3s. One of my top players, behind Sylveon, and has the most faints.

Pride (Blastoise) F @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent/ Mega Launcher
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 SpDef
Rapid Spin
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Water Pulse

The combined bulk and power of mega Blastoise has been able to fight Mega Khans, Gengar, Talonflame, Shuckles, etc. So glad I bred one, I've always wanted a Blastoise on my team. Took a long time to breed, oh god.

Chester (Scolipede) M @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Speed
Protect
Baton Pass
Toxic Spikes
Megahorn

I don't have stealth rocks, nor do I particularly like all the stealth rock users (except maybe Golem, but I don't want to train one). Toxic Spikes seemed like a good idea, and it is a good idea. Sure, Talonflames get through unscathed, but everything else has to suffer from poison. Great Baton Passer, too.

I really do not want to see Pokegen or Pokesavved pokemon in the metagame. I am grateful that GF decided to make breeding considerably easier so as to combat this, but after bank opens there is going to be a torrent of "illegitimate" pokemon running around whereas now we have Pokes bred and trained by trainers. But whatever, I'll get over it. I'll still breed. It was hard work, but it pays off when you see your team have success in what they do.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

With the nerf of weather this Gen, weather teams have taken a turn for the worst. However, there have also been a few boons for them. Sand teams, namely, once again have access to Excadrill, and that's what gave me the motivation to make this team. Excadrill can serve as a Spinner as well as a sweeper, and Sand teams generally reach amazing brute force with it, which is the playstyle I love the most.

Tyranitar w/Sand Stream @Smooth Rock
Impish/Careful Nature-252HP, 64Atk, 84Def, 108SpD
Stealth Rock
Ice Beam
Pursuit
Taunt
Tyranitar is the weather inducer and the basis of the whole team. This set functions as a lead. It has the needed Stealth Rock and Pursuit, which allows it to significantly dent Pokemon like Deoxys-S or Lati@s. Ice Beam is there for some annoying pests, namely and mostly Gliscor, while Taunt allows for locking enemy hazard setters.

Garchomp w/Rough Skin @Lum Berry
Jolly Nature-4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Stone Edge/Crunch/Fire Fang
Swords Dance
An all-out offensive Chomp. With its trollish 102 Speed, Garchomp outspeeds many key Pokemon in the metagame, and with its perfect type coverage and powerful STAB it can blow through entire teams. One Swords Dance is enough to get it going, and it's gonna be really hard to stop.

Reuniclus w/Magic Guard @Life Orb
Modest Nature-252HP, 252SpA, 4Spe
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Trick Room
Focus Blast
Reuniclus is a bulky Special Attacker, something that many Sand teams tend to lack. With Magic Guard, it completely ignores Life Orb and Sandstorm, and dishes out some major damage. It's most notable aspect is being able to counter or check fighting types that the team has trouble handling.

Rotom-W w/Levitate @Leftovers
Calm Nature-252HP, 80SpA, 176SpD
Hydro Pump
ThunderBolt
Substitute
Will-o-Wisp
Rotom is a special tank and a counter to Water types, another type that my team despises. It adds to Tyranitar's crippling powers, and its solid bulk allows it to stay out long even in Sandstorm. Its one weakness and good type coverage allow it versatility, and fits well with the rest of the team.

Lucario w/Justified @Lucarionite
Jolly Nature-4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe
Close Combat
Bullet Punch
Shadow Claw/Crunch
Swrods Dance
Lucario fills my Mega slot. As fearsome as ever, and now with increased Speed, Attack, defenses and Adaptability, Mega Lucario's boosted Close Combat is so strong that it has the potential to OHKO or 2HKO many Pokemon who formerly were able to resist it. STAB Bullet Punch is an excellent priority tool for Fairy disposal. 4MSS appears once again, but with Adaptability this becomes less important.

Excadrill w/Sand Rush @Air Baloon
Adamant Nature-4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rapid Spin
Swords Dance
Excadrill is the star of the team. Sand Rush and Swords Dance turn it into an unstoppable killing machine. Having access to Rapid Spin also means that Excadrill can clear the way for another Pokemon if it happens to be in trouble. Stealth Rock isn't much of an issue, but Spikes definitely are, and not having Taunt or Magic Bounce means that a Spinner is a must-have. All in all, Excadrill is an amazing Pokemon if I can keep the weather up, and very difficult to stop once it gets going.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gen V has finally allowed me to venture into competing battling, and I think I'll have always have a soft spot for this first official team of mine. It's not the best, certainly, and it's a bit unbalanced, but it's what's worked pretty well for me, and I like it.

Kafka (Scolipede) M @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Spikes

I was wonder traded a 4 IV Venipede with Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and I decided I would breed another with full IVs for my team. I don't regret it. I use Kafka as a lead, and I have the option to either SD and sweep with Megahorn or set up a few layers of Spikes. Once it gets close enough to death, he can Baton Pass those Attack and Speed boosts over to Salvador. Talonflame is probably the biggest pain for Kafka, but that Focus Sash at least lets it survive one super effective hit.

Salvador (Toxicroak) M @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Rock Slide

I couldn't believe my luck when after an hour of chaining, I stumbled upon a shiny Croagunk with the perfect nature, ability, and perfect IVs in Defense and Attack. I couldn't pass up using Salvador, even thought that meant he couldn't get Drain Punch or more perfect IVs from breeding, but it's not been too much of a big deal. If he even gets one set of boosts passed from Kafka... well, gg. Poison Jab decimates most anything that doesn't resist it, Sucker Punch is for when I really need the priority, Power-Up Punch for STAB and an extra Atk boost, and Rock Slide to surprise any Fire and Flying types that want to try and ruin my run.

Desdemona (Noivern) F @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Taunt
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Boomburst

Desdemona works as a scout, giving me some insight into the opponent's strategy with Frisk, shutting down enemy support Pokemon with Taunt, and firing off Life Orb boosted Boombursts to decimate its opponents. Flamethrower is for coverage, taking out Steel types like Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Foretress that wall Desdemona otherwise. Roost is just there to heal off any damage if given the chance.

Carrie (Gourgeist-L) F @ Spell Tag
Ability: Pickup
EVs: No idea
- Protect
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Sneak
- Toxic

So... yeah. I've been meaning to replace Carrie with a Trevenant, since she was part of my ingame team and has a whole slew of random EVs, but I haven't had the time to do so yet. For now though, she's been able to pull her own weight as a revenge killer with priority Shadow Sneak and acting as a surprise Toxistaller with Protect. Seed Bomb is sort of just... there. Yeah. Trevenant should be here soon, don't worry.

Tsimshian (Xatu) M @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Calm
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Not much to say here for Tsimshian, it's your basic Magic Bouncer, Thunder Wave to slow down enemies, Roost to heal damage, and Psychic and Dazzling Gleam for coverage. The Rocky Helmet helps to make physical attackers think twice, and the Calm nature adds a bit of special bulk.

Mylo (Malamar) M @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Spe
- Hypnosis
- Superpower
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut

Words can not describe how much I love Malamar. The design, the typing, the awesome ability in Contrary. If the opponent doesn't prepare to counter Mylo, and he gets in a couple of Superpowers, he's near-invincible on the phsyical side. His only real weaknesses are special attackers, and Bug type attacks. Hypnosis, all though a bit of a gamble with the accuracy, has gotten me out of tons of tough spots and turned the match around. Mylo might not be perfect, but I love using him, and I haven't met anyone else who does.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]