It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 RMT (Friendly) 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ahh, I used to use these forums back in the days of 4th Gen battling. Since then, I haven't played competitive, so I am a bit rusty. But I figured the best way to get back into it was battling with my friends. So, here is a crack at a 6th gen competitive team.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 186 HP / 72 Def
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 92 HP / 164 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Clawitzer @ Expert Belt
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SAtk / 164 HP / 92 Spd
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse

Gourgeist -S @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Pain Split
- Leech Seed

Now then onto my comments.
I'm not too keen on having Smeargle as my lead due to him being beyond frail and easily shut down to Fake Out. I do however love the Sticky Web, so maybe Galvantula would be better? Or I was thinking about doing an Physical Infernape Lead and instead replacing Talonflame with a Toxic Orb Gliscor. I feel like I could replace Alakazam with a Wall like Gliscor, but I'll leave that up to your discretion.

Keep in mind that this is a team used with friends. I am using some pokemon that would not be otherwise seen in OU meta.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Actually, Smeargle is a good idea. I just got creamed because of this guy using one with a similar moveset. :( Sticky web killed me, because I couldn't get a hit in quick enough, and the Stealth Rock destroyed my own Talonflame.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Infernape is currently invalid till Pokebank is released.

As for your lead, I have 2 to suggest: Espeon, i, Absol.

Espeon is best user of Magic Bounce. You can go one of two ways, Fake screen (three attacking moves then either Light screen or reflect) or dual screens. Looking at your team, the pokes are kinda frail, and entry hazards would probably make a mess of them. They are also kinda frail so they would LOVE the extra Defenses. SO I would suggest maybe the dual screen set up for you.

Absol, in my opinon is second best user of magic bounce, mainly cause you cant switch him in on status moves till AFTER mega evolution. Absol is more of an offense user of Magic Bounce, while Espeon is generally speaking a more defensive user of it. Notable, Absol gets Sucker punch and pursuit, Meaning he can either wreak weakned pokes or hit pokes hard on the switch, as a LOT of pokes will switch out on him if they dont carry the right moves.

A lot of your pokes are fast as it is, so dont think you need to worry about lower the oppenets speed too much.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]