It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Espeon VS M. Absol 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay before anyone says it:

The most obvious thing is that Espeon can switch into status moves and bounce them back, where as Absol needs to Mega-Evolve First.

I am Breeding Espeon for my team(reasons for him to follow), But im having a HECK of a Time trying to get HP-Fire (which my team needs for coverage).

Yes, I could ask someone to trade for it in the the trading forum, but all I have to trade ATM is failed Breeds (and about 40 timid Eevees).

ANYWHO, back on point. I need a Poke With Magic Bounce, and my options are limited to Espeon and M.Absol (I know Xatu gets it, but it does not have what I am looking for) Espeon works better for my team since it will be a special Attacker with Light Screen (I dont like Duel screen sets, mainly cause, I spend two turns setting them up and Espeon is not a "bulky" poke) and it overs nice coverage. M. Absol is the more Offensive one, PLUS I dont need to spend time trying to get HP Fire. The big Problem is the fact that it needs to M. Evolve before I can switch in on status moves, plus its speed doesnt get boosted till after M- evolution And its not "bulky" Like Espeon.

So yeah...theres my Problem. Do I continue my, what seems like a futile attempt at an Eevee with HIdden Power Fire, or do I go over to Absol?

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:01 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think Espeon is the better bouncer. If an opponent predicts a switch in, Mega Absol is going to be destroyed due to how frail it is.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah there is that, but Espeon is frail as well.

The bigger problem is switching in Absol BEFORE it Mega-Evolves, as it doesnt bounce back, meaning Absol is now crippled.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:29 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Espeon is only physically frail; it's special defense is respectable. You could lead with Absol, Mega Evolve it to scare out whoever your opponent leads with since people prefer to lead with those who set up.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Go for the gold with Espeon.

HP Fire is very pain-in-the-arse to breed for and get good enough IVs to still be usable. I would recommend using this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/so ... t.3491324/

if you can find pokes with the right IVs to pass along down to get an HP fire spread.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I took a look at that,and well...its pretty much what Ive been doing...I think? I had kind of a hard time following it. But I am switching in and out Eevee's (I mainly use the guy at Kiloude City, since Im kinda running out of dough from breeding to get them to 20 to do the calcs for specifcs.)

Ill keep trying with Espeon, but Ive literally, hatched ~60 eggs (more, condsidering early on I released those with bad Ivs)).
Eventually I might try trading for it OR Bite the bullet and do duel screens OR just get overly frustrated and say "THE HECK WITH IT, ESPEON PACK YOUR BAGS, HELLO MEGA ABSOL".(Or go with HP Ground, I seem to be able to get that)) I mean at some point, IM just gonna have to do something else, cause if I dont Ill never get my team made cause ill be so focused on getting that Eevee, that I wont enjoy the game.

Thanks for the insight, and ill keep my nose to the grind stone. ((If anyone cares, Ive mostly been getting HP Steel))

Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:25 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mega Gengar greatly affects the game; you're wrong in saying that it doesn't. However, this isn't a case of SwagPlay or Moody, which are both strategies based entirely on luck rather than skill. Mega Gengar isn't luck-based, and as such doesn't need to be removed from the Ubers meta.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

its obviously Mega Absol as he is in a super powerful form

tihis means that dragons are always the answer
they will make the worldhave something it never had befor

peace
:):):):):):):):):):):)

Sat May 30, 2015 5:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]