It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 RMT, & help decide what else to add in! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I did this because I am planning a killer triple-battle oriented team for Kalos once Pokebank comes out. Thing is, I only have three of my Pokemon planned out! I need help deciding what else to put in, so here's who I have so far. If you have any changes for these three, they are welcome as well.
* <-- Means that this particular part isn't added yet.

Dasher the Gardevoir as a Supporter
Sassy Nature
Will hold a *Light Clay
Ability; Synchronize, *will change with an Ability Capsule to Trace
Moves; Light Screen, Reflect, Heal Pulse, and Thunderbolt

Sparkle the (shiny Mega) Gardevoir as a Special Sweeper
Quiet Nature
Will hold a *Gardevoirite
Ability; Synchronize, *will change with an Ability Capsule to Trace (you know what I had to do you get TWO of these!?!) and then will change to Pixelate with Mega Evolution
Moves; Psychic, Shadow Ball, *Moonblast, Energy Ball

Psycho the Gallade as a Physical Sweeper
Bashful Nature
Will hold a nothing as of yet
Ability; Steadfast, of course
Moves; X-Scissor, Ice Punch, Drain Punch, Psycho Cut

Any thoughts or ideas? I might switch Dasher and Sparkle's roles because she had much higher Sp. Atk.
EDIT; Roles switched. The above is updated.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Instead of ability capsule-ing the two gardevoirs you might be better off just re-breeding for better IVs/natures, Here's my thoughts

Gardevoir @ Light Clay
Ability: Trace
EVs: 120 SDef / 252 HP / 136 Def
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Heal Pulse
- Helping Hand

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 HP / 4 SDef / 148 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake/Ice punch/Rock slide
- Shadow Sneak

As for partners, Bisharp resists all of their weaknesses. Amoonguss would be a good Rage powder/Spore user and would fit decently to let the gardevoirs set up. Vaporeon adds a Steel/fire resist and is a great support defensively and offensively.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Brick break

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play
- Spore
- Rage Powder

Vaporeon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 152 SDef / 252 HP / 104 Def
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Muddy Water
- Icy Wind

Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think it's less that she wants to build perfect pokemon, and more that she wants to make the most out of her precious pokemon, Dasher, Sparkle, and Psycho, so I don't think she intends to rebreed them. Other than that, I can't argue with your assessment, aside from Shadow Sneak on Psycho. What to replace it with…maybe Ice Punch or Rock Slide?

Kirlia, before you transfer them over, this goes for all of your pokemon, not just these three, I'd look through the Psydex and see if there are any moves that you might want to teach them won't be available X or Y, such as tutor moves or old TMs. Helping Hand, as Mason recommended for Dasher, is a Gen V tutor, as is Ice Punch and Hyper Voice, which I would definitely recommend teaching to Sparkle. Hyper Voice is the best offensive move that a Mega Gardevoir can use, as it becomes a 117 base move that earns STAB and bypasses screens and substitute.

Other than that…do you have access to the EV reducing berries in Y?

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:34 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kiga is right about not wanting to rebreed these three. They're kind of special. Dasher's nature is pretty hindering, but he actually has max IVs in everything but Speed. I just checked with the Judge guy in the train-station place. He also says that Sparkle has "outstanding potential" in HP, Defense, and Special Attack. Psycho has... Attack. That's something. As to EVs, I have no idea what they have, since they had max them out when brought them from Sinnoh. I'll have to figure out what to do about that.
I do like those move suggestions. Now I'm going to try some of those ideas;

Dasher's Moves: Reflect, Heal Pulse, Helping Hand, Taunt. I'm still thinking about having Light Screen instead of Taunt, but with my main heavy-hitter being a Pokemon with high Special Defense, Taunt might be more useful.

Sparkle's Moves: Calm Mind, Hyper Voice, Protect, Thunderbolt. Shadow Ball is pretty good, but Thunderbolt is somewhat stronger, and has more type-coverage. I think. That's still flip-flopping for me, since Shadow Ball would cover Ghost types, which are still strong against Gardevoir. Since they're TM moves that I still will have in Y, it doesn't matter as much as the other moves yet.

Psycho's Moves: Zen Headbutt, Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Poison Jab. I never considered Zen Headbutt, and it seems like a great idea now. As to Poison Jab, it should give us an edge against other Fairy types, especially since Psycho is weak to them. I'm also going to add the Life Orb. With Drain Punch, it's affects shouldn't be as bad for me. Smart move of you, as Psy could use a little boost in his attack.

Now, I'm going to try to breed for those other three in my Y, and see how they turn out. This should be fun!

I don't know about the EV-reduction berries. Really, I haven't had a need for berries yet. These could help me at least TRY to make something out of whatever scrambled IVs they have.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:20 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CuteKirlia wrote:

I don't know about the EV-reduction berries. Really, I haven't had a need for berries yet. These could help me at least TRY to make something out of whatever scrambled IVs they have.

Just walk around with the super training window open and you can occasionally get Reset bags, which reset all EVs to 0. Really much easier than berry farming. Also if you have a Kee Berry & Maranga Berry you can make Perilous Soup at the juice shoppe, which does the same thing.

If your sticking with the Sassy and Quiet natures on the Gardevoirs you may want to consider Bulldoze on Gallade or T-wave support to make their negative speed natures less of an issue. Also I would still make both of their abilities Trace.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MasonTheChef wrote:
Just walk around with the super training window open and you can occasionally get Reset bags, which reset all EVs to 0. Really much easier than berry farming. Also if you have a Kee Berry & Maranga Berry you can make Perilous Soup at the juice shoppe, which does the same thing.

Ah! Thanks. Now I don't have to mess around, wasting time trying to figure out how to do EV reductions myself. This should help. <3

I was still planning on giving them Trace. Hmm... Should I replace Poison Jab or not... Probably. I think I will, and test that out. So far, I have been testing these movesets on the NPCs doing triple battles at the PWT in Driftveil. I do notice that I'm starting to win a heck of a lot more than I was before, so everything is working well. This is also without having the items or Fairy Types to battle with, so it's a bit of a trial run.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]