It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Looking for some definate input (RMT) 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay say as how the Psypokes rating center isnt up yet, and I am kinda stuck on a few places on my team, Im gonna ask for some help. The help im asking for is rather Generic? I guess thats the best way to put it, but for me to ask for the help, people need to see my team.

Anyways, this is a team ive been working on for the past few weeks, and is meant for 6 on 6 single battles against other Psypokians, or just passer bys looking for a battle. Ive pretty much have 5/6 of the team ready for training and such, but there are a few Bugs I want to put to rest first.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Rock Head/ Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake

I started with M.Aggron. Ive been wanting to use Aggron, one of my Favorite Steel types. But alas, I didnt. Then he got a Mega, and it was time. This is pretty much taken off of Smogon. I went with Iron Head and EQ for offense. I went with T-wave cause Sticky web (to be noted later on) Doesn't affect Flying or levitating pokes (Plus I didnt want to try and breed a good Ice Punch using Aggron in Gen 5.) The only thing Im mulling over is Stealth Rock. I find that I hardly use it and would like to add another offensive move onto him, but Im not 100% sure what to look at. Id like to keep his Ev's as is for I like the tankiness.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

After looking at M.Aggron and saw what I was running, I realized a Cleric was needed. As I have NEVER used a Cleric Before, I pretty much asked the community here...and after a little research and looking at what else I was using, Flogres came up. Its moves and such really dont need an explanation. However, it has come up that Sylveon would be better on my team, mainly due to hyper voice and Pixilate. The Problem with Sylveon is that I dont wanna spend all that time in Pokemon Amie to get it to evolve. ( I am not a fan of Pokemon Amine), Plus id literally have to breed it in Gen 5, considering it would need Heal Bell and Hyper Voice on it(Breeding in Gen 6 is SOOOOOO much easier, and I dont think I currently have anything to trade for such a hard breed). So I guess the big question is it worth while to keep this guy, or do I need to such it up and get a Sylveon?

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

To be honest, I think pretty much has a Talonflame on there team. And I dont blame them. Gale Wings is an amazing ability and rather balanced with the fact that the offensive moves he Needs to use to make him Viable have recoil. I went for a Sword Dance set with a Sharp Beak over the Life orb. I feel that Talonflame gets enough recoil from his moves, and that the Sharp beak gives him that much more staying power.

Trevenant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spd
Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earthquake
- Rest

This was another one of those pokes I wanted to use. I tried him before on an earlier team, but I found him to be less than successful on it. This time around I tried him again, and actually followed a build for him on Smogon. Trevent works wonders on this team. Acting as a Spin Blocker for Sticky Web, this guy can be rather annoying, using Rest and Horn Leech to keep him at rather High levels of Health. Will-O-Wisp works well with M.Aggron's Physical bulk, helping to lessen the damage on him. Ive tried Eq and Rockslide on this guy, and I prefer Earthquake. Lum Berry over Sitrus as I feel like he has enough Hp Recovery, and the Lum Berry makes him that much more annoying.

Donphan @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Ice Shard

Seeing how Im using Talonflame, its pretty much a given: I need a spinner, no questions asked. I could use a Defogger, but my team really likes Sticky web Support I find. I asked for help here on the topic of a Spinner, and this guy and Starmie came up. Testing of the two led me to Donphan, a Spinner Ive used in the past on Showdown. I went with Air Balloon, so that he can avoid toxic spikes, and Rockslide to take care of opposing TalonFlames, a Poke my team seems to stuggle with.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Sticky Web

This guy is my lead. Funny how he's the last one I talk about. I never had a Reason last Gen to use this guy, but I think a lot of people thought that as well. This Gen saw Galvantula get some much needed love and one heck of a shot in the arm, in the form of Sticky Web. I find that this team just LOOOOOOVES sticky web. Combine that with M.Aggron's T-wave and Im pretty much going first most turns. Everything is pretty much Standard, except Volt Switch. HP Ice was the superior option here, but I didnt want to spend ANOTHER 3 months on trying to get it. I tried out Volt Switch, and I found it to be very usefull, so I decided to stick with that, and not induce another Breeding Headache.

And there's my Team. And to recap what im trying to ask:

-Looking for an Offensive move to replace Stealth Rock on M.Aggron.
-Flogres VS.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'd rather go with Lefties over Sharp Beak on Talonflame, but that might be just me (I don't use Talonflame myself, so that's based on other Talonflame I've seen).
Florges is a better cleric than Sylveon in my opinion. It might lack in power, but it's better defensively, and you want that on a cleric.
Aggron I can't really give you a good suggestion, but I'd say that you could remove EQ, add Roar, and play a parashuffle set, but you say you don't like SR, so I guess you wouldn't benefit from parashuffling.
Trevenant is better with Sitrus Berry and Substitute for me, but that's up to you.
Donphan I don't really see why you would want to use. Since you already have Mega Aggron, Starmie is way better. Donphan isn't really good; it easily breaks under Special moves, and I see it lacks EQ, which means that it won't be prevalent offensively either. On the other hand, if you wanna play Mega Aggron without Stealth Rock, you can add SR to this guy, and replace SR on Aggron with Roar or Dragon Tail to help you shuffle and spread paralysis.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

-I cant really use Lefties on TalonFlame due to the Item Clause.

-Good. I really didnt want to have to find a Sylveon.

-I find that my Trevant as is has a LOT of Health Recovery, I kinda thought Adding a Sitrus Berry would be Overkill, plus the Lum berry helps with Status and getting an early wake up from sleep.

-I can see what your saying about Starmie over Donphan, and in a sense I do kinda agree. I did give Starmie a try when it was suggested early on in my building, but the thing is, I just couldnt sync with it.

-I do like your suggestion for putting SR on Donphan and Dragon Tail on M.Aggron. Im looking into Aggron's Movepool today and I would like a little more input first before I jump onto that wagon.

Thanks for your input ChillBill.

Edit- After looking into things a bit more.....I realized id have to breed Stealth Rock onto Donphan (As well as M.Aggron as it currently stands), something I kinda dont want to do. So I Think my best course of action is maybe putting EQ back onto Donphan (in Rockslides Spot) and for M.Aggron.....Im kinda thinking Ice Beam in place of Stealth Rock. I realize his Sp.Att Probably isnt the greatest ( as M.Aggron is set up currently, I believe the max would be 156). That said I think in place of Stealth Rock (And Ice Punch, which in my mind is currently MUCH harder to get), might actually work out. Im gonna try it out and see what other Psypokians think before I get anything set in stone.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:31 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sylveon passes bigger wishes than Florges, but her other stats are lower than Florges. Stick with the flower.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Squirtle wrote:
Sylveon passes bigger wishes than Florges, but her other stats are lower than Florges. Stick with the flower.

Thanks Squirtle. Having two people agree on the same point really helps. Ill be keeping Flogres.

All thats really left is Tweaking M.Aggron. Im trying out Ice Beam(as stated, Getting Ice Punch is kinda out of the question) and well.......It did 7 percent damage to a Goodra (Im gonna assume it had Assault Vest). I was thinking Dragon Tail, But I dont really need phazing. Not really quite sure what to do ....

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:10 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I have an idea for what you can teach to Aggron: Rain Dance. It would weaken the potency of fire type moves that harm not only your Aggron, but Trevenent and Galvantula as well, with the added bonus of maxing Thunder's accuracy. Or be generic and just use Stone Edge.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Rain Dance? Hm......Never thought of that.....But would 5 turns be enough?

Not Sure about Stone edge though and its coverage. It would be good to take take down opposing Talonflames (if it hits).

Rain Dance will get some thought, IM gonna Mull it over, cause it is kind of a clever idea.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So after much testing.....

I had to take M.Aggron off the team. I dont know what it was, but I think maybe I just couldnt get him synced with the team.

I tried a Sheer Force Nidoking. Nice Coverage moves, no recoil from LO, and another poke I really like. Unfourtuently...I feel like he needs some Baton Pass Boosts (my next team, I might actually try that).

Finally I tried M.Scizor. And to be honest....I think it actually works on this team. This is the set im running, Its kinda the same set from my Gen 5 Scizor (I didnt want to have to breed it....again....)

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Pursuit
- Aerial Ace

Mine in my game has SuperPower in the last slot. Ill change that to Aerial Ace. Essentially everything gets the Technician boost. Whoop Whoop.

On a totally different not: I dont like the Sp.Def Super Training, didnt think it be so hard to train my cleric, OO.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]