Ban Aegislash from Smogon OU?
Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:28 pm
Yes 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
No 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 8

Aegislash Suspect discussion. 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So the Sword pokemon Aegislash had been put up for suspect this round on Smogon OU.

Do you think it's ban worthy?
Is Stance Change uncompetitive?
Do you think other pokemon need tested first?
Has Smogon lost their S***?

Discuss.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Why? There is nothing about Aegislash that even makes it Ban worthy. Smogon is getting a little to crazy with the Ban Hammer in my opnion.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:32 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I can see the reasons behind the test. Aegislash is a Pokemon that's used a lot; it has great versatility, a plethora of sets, can play many roles, and has the unique ability of being a terrifying wallbreaker who can become a very bulky Pokemon within a turn. However, I wouldn't call it ban worthy... But was I expecting it? Yes, I did. I was actually more surprised for the two Deoxys formes that this.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Talonflame is much worse, IMO. Priority Banded Brave Bird off of max attack investment is not OP at all.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Talonflame has a crippling x4 Stealth Rock weakness, is very fragile, especially considering the recoil damage from its moves, only has 81 base attack, meaning that priority isn't backed by much power and has solid counters in common Pokemon like Rotom-W, Rotom-H and Heatran. Nowhere near as dangerous as Aegislash. The day Talonflame is suspected I'm gonna lose my faith in Smogon.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Not a fan for the suspect test, Aegislash isn't the only OU mon who the "Can't switch in safe until you know the set" logic can apply to. IMO Charizard and it's 2 mega forms fit this bill much better. It's usage in 1825+ OU is 25%, but compared to Scizor last year in 1850+ OU was 27% and Rotom-W was 25-27% until two months ago, it just doesn't seem that it's overcentral to the meta. The King's shield coinflip argument I can see, but I really hate seeing bans based of uncompetitiveness unless it's truly breaking like Sub+SwagPlay or Funbro. Personally I'd love to just see them ban King's Shield but that will never happen.

I dunno, I would hate to see it banned, but opinion seems to be going the other way.

Oh well, I use Doublade anyways.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I will now paste what I said on Smogon here:

Quote:
In my opinion, you guys have been getting carried away with the ban hammer lately. Its seems like your more or less catering to the people who whine and complain.

Aegislash is no where near as much of a problem as M.Kang, M.Gengar, and M.Lucario was. Hes not even as annoying as Swag play was.

In a sense, all the whiners and complainers don't like to predict. And that's not enough to ban Aegi.

It was also removed from public view

In all sense I mainly use Showdown to TEST my teams that I plan to make on my DS. I find that Smogon is literally sucking the fun out of Pokemon with the amount of bans they are doing to try to "balance" the game. To many things are getting bumped up to the Uber tier. Some I will agree with (M.Kang) and others im a little iffy on (swag play).

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

And with a 62% in favor Aegislash has been banned to Ubers.

Not surprised but disappointed.

Going to dislike the Doublade posers coming into the meta...

Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:
And with a 62% in favor Aegislash has been banned to Ubers.

Not surprised but disappointed.

Going to dislike the Doublade posers coming into the meta...

IM starting to like Smogon Less and Less. This is ridiculous. Aegislash IMO wont be able to handle it.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A Pokemon isn't sent to Ubers based on whether or not it can compete there. See Wynaut in the past, Deoxys-N etc. The reason a Pokemon is sent to Ubers is because it's deemed broken for OU.
That being said, the Aegislash ban wasn't the best in my opinion, and it was a close one at that (60% is the majority needed).

Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:50 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As long as Aegislash is competitive in the Uber tier I'll learn to live with the decision ever though I don't agree with it. I remember the days where only the strongest legendary Pokemon were in Uber. But like one of the songs from the Pokemon 2BA Master Soundtrack is titled, Everything Changes.

Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]