It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Annoying troll sweeper 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I recently had an idea, where I'd make a baton-pass team that passed +6 speed and +6 of attack or special attack (as well as a few other things) to a Pokemon that's commonly seen by competitive players to be extremely weak, like magikarp {magikarp} or budew {budew}. Obviously there's a catch, and that's that the Pokemon has to be able to sweep, even under +6 boosts on speed and the offensive stat. I tried it once with magikarp, and once i managed to get +6 attack to it, it did 35% damage to Cresselia with bounce :frustrated:. I'll build the baton-pass team around the receiver I decided on. Anyone have any ideas who I can pass to as a joke but also to sweep the opponent's team?

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:09 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Goldeen with a Focus Sash and Flail?

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:15 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

goldeen's a good idea, coz of how smash bros ridiculed it by giving it splash. maybe not focus sash, flail, coz of priority moves, but goldeen has about base 60 attack and speed, so at +6 attack and speed it can sweep with waterfall. thanks!

btw, any other suggestions would be welcome, in case goldeen fails

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:25 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Exploding magikarps aside, Bidoof would be cool as it can finish boosting itself if need be with simple, or ignore a opponents set-up with unaware.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

cb azurill ftw, can get up to 1,824 atk with a +6 atk baton pass

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, Goldeen worked quite well the only time that I used it successfully (i suck w/ baton pass teams). But it failed to OHKO Jirachi with Waterfall after +6 the second time, and it has considerably higher attack than Bidoof, so Bidoof wouldn't be that good. I'll try it out, anyway, thanks. Azurill only has slightly higher attack than Goldeen after Huge Power, but it has much worse moves (aside from STAB Return) and choice ain't too good for baton pass receivers. But I'll test it out in case I turn out to be full of sh**.

As a personal idea, what about Bagon? It has higher attack than Goldeen, STAB in Dragon Claw and Outrage, and has Fire Fang to get rid of that bloody Jirachi. Then there's also Cranidos, who has 125 base attack, and some good moves. Only problem is Cranidos doesn't give me as much satisfaction as sweeping OU with a Goldeen. Finally I thought of Meditite, which reaches 392 attack with Pure Power, only 13 less than Salamence, and can smash them with Brick Break, Psycho Cut, Ice Punch and Thunderpunch. What d'ya think?

(whatever u think, i'm trying them all out)

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

cranidos (Moldbreaker)
krabby
Trapinch

Gastly
Abra
Magnimite

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm gonna try Bidoof and Azurill soon. Krabby already has a good reputation as a high attack LC poke, so it won't be very mocking sweeping with it. I'm definitely trying Trapinch, it has 100 base attack. Bagon failed (couldn't OHKO Bronzong), and it just didn't feel good enough sweeping with Cranidos and Meditite. I'll try special pokemon after physical ones, because i've already got a decent attack and speed passing team. As soon as my receiver can OHKO all of OU and BL, its going to the Rating Center :D

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Why not try a remoraid?

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:15 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

why not try out the baby pokemon
i laugh at the though of a cleffa or igglybuff sweeping most of a team
pichu and riolu have already proven themselves so leave them alone
ninjask if it can live could be a great tonpasser gaining speed and your choice of move easy 3 speed and 6 attack if he lives for 3 turns

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

fullerfast wrote:
why not try out the baby pokemon
i laugh at the though of a cleffa or igglybuff sweeping most of a team
pichu and riolu have already proven themselves so leave them alone
ninjask if it can live could be a great tonpasser gaining speed and your choice of move easy 3 speed and 6 attack if he lives for 3 turns

Guts Tyrouge + Flame orb + Mach punch could be fast and deadly (bullet punch for ghosts)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Guts Tyrogue sounds fun, I'm trying that once I manage to succeed in setting up Trapinch. Most of the previous ones didn't have enough firepower. Spkeaing of Pichu, would a Light Ball Pikachu work? Light Ball also doubles Attack, and I could also annoy the opponent further by saying "pikachu iz da bestest poke evar!!!!1!11one1!!" but im worried that without focus sash, i'll have to use a substitute to stop it getting killed the moment it gets in. Any ideas for a subsitute passer? Right now I've got Vaporeon and Drifblim on my mind.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:49 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Vaporeon, for sure.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, a problem since I started with Goldeen has been priority moves, which makes substitute a must. Right now I have an Aero lead, Umbreon, Gliscor, Scizor, Jirachi and the receiver. Jirachi isn't part of the chain, it's a back-up sweeper that takes a few attack boosts after my receiver dies and then sweeps with scarf Iron Head. Should I replace the Aerodactyl or the Jirachi for Vaporeon?

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]