It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Who's that Pokemon? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think I have a good one.

This Pokemon learns at least one bone-related move, wears bones and has a dex colour of brown.

Who's that Pokemon?

Hint: It isn't as simple as it seems.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh darn, I was dead sure I nailed Mektar's one >.<

Ohohoho, since nothing is stopping me from checking references, I quickly found Mandibuzz to be a fitting answer.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wow. You're right. I thought for sure someone would guess Cubone or Marowak.

Go ahead SL.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cubone. It learns Bone Club, unlike Vullaby and Mandibuzz, is brown, and wears a skull for a helmet because its speshul.
EDIT: Nevermind. I type too slow.

Goodbye
"

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@Dare234: Well, you did say "It isn't as simple as it seems." :P Funnily, my first reaction was "Lucario!" lol

Okay, lemme dig up something easy...
Here! It's even easier than my previous ones, dunno if my creativity is running out, or I'm hoping that easier questions could get more people to join in, or I'm just plain lazy.
??? wrote:
Our kind would fight each other ferociously for territory. They said that if a certain part of my body shatters, I loses - but how little those humans know! It, in fact, turns the tables around by freeing up all the strength I've built up while dragging that thing around, making me able to demolish almost everything! Need an extra clue? My lil' bro is said to be good with strong acids...but I don't really know.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ummm, {staryu} ? Because when it loses in anime, the gem breaks, thats my guess.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks for giving the answer, I think.
Starmie. Staryu is very good absorbing poisons and stuff like that, and Starmie's gem breaks.

Goodbye
"

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry but neither of you got it right. If Staryu's and Starmie's gem breaks, I'm pretty sure they're gonna die before getting any stronger ("If its body is torn, it can grow back [only] if the red core remains.").
How is Staryu good with acids...huh? Absorbing them? (that's...unexpected) Were you thinking about Natural Cure? I was talking about something almost exclusive to the pre-evo.

Upon re-reading my question, I realized that it's probably the vaguest of my questions, an originally undesired effect. Hey, cut me some slack. I only have two dex entries to work with, after all...Oops!

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is it Crustle? They fight each other for territory, if it's shell breaks it loses, shell smash increases attack, special attack and speed, and its pre-evo Dwebble produces a spray, acid, to help carve rocks.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:56 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ding dong! DragoBoy got it perfectly. I just took Crustle's two BW dex entries, mash them together, switch some words with help from Thesaurus.com, and stir in Shell Smash and Dwebble's supposed rock-melting acids. In the process I find it really interesting how the dex says Crustle loses if its shell breaks but in fact Shell Smash makes it plow through almost everything.

Go ahead and think of a good question, DragoBoy :)

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

***DAMNIT!!! I originally thought Crustle but i thought that may have been obvious!

Goodbye
"

Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Im still fairly new to the B/W pokemon! BUT I KNEW THAT ONE!!!

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:19 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OK my turn.

This pokémon always carries an item to lessen its power. No single person can make it evolve. Upon evolution its weapons double.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I guess I'll join since it's been started up again

I think that "no single person can make it evolve" means it has to be traded to evolve. I think it could be Kadabra (or the Abra family) because it has a spoon with him all the time, and it gets a second spoon when evolving.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:44 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I think it's Machamp. It gets twice as many arms upon evolving, and the speedo it wears is said to lessen its strength.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Actually, Mektar, it's Machoke, because the Pokemon he is referring to is the one that evolves (and doubles its "weapons" upon evolution) when more than one person takes care of it.

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lets step back from those pokemon and think.
Like, I think its Karrablast. In order to evolve, it has to be traded for a Shelmet (meaning no one person can make it evolve). It gains armor and a lance, which is a step up from its little head thing. Speaking of which, it is upgraded by adding a bladelike top to its helmet.

Goodbye
"

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Machoke is correct. Mektar almost got it but I was looking for Machoke not Machamp.
OK AEPMT your turn.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:43 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I got a quote from this Pokemon, who wanted to make sure that I say it exactly...

??? wrote:
I am extremely rare, but there is an easy way to get me. My sense of smell is beautiful for all involved, and I can evolve. I will calm an entire field of Pokemon easily, though I have several weaknesses that make it hard for me to win battles at first.

Good luck figuring it out!

Writers' Challenge

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wow AEPMT, that's a pretty challenging question indeed! After looking through some Pokedex entries, I'm gonna guess Chikorita:

-Extremely rare - without trading, you only have one chance per save file to get this Pokemon - yet easy to get - it's handed to you for free at the very start of GSC and HGSS
-"Sense of smell" this...I don't get. But I'm guessing it's about the "sweet aroma" which "gently wafts from the leaf on its head"
-Can evolve - 'nuff said
-The aforementioned sweet fragrance can create a "cozy, friendly atmosphere that becalms the battlers"
-Though being an awesome type, the Grass type is crippled because of its multiple weaknesses - in Chikorita's case weak to the first two gyms

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:42 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ShinyLucario wrote:
Wow AEPMT, that's a pretty challenging question indeed! After looking through some Pokedex entries, I'm gonna guess Chikorita:

-Extremely rare - without trading, you only have one chance per save file to get this Pokemon - yet easy to get - it's handed to you for free at the very start of GSC and HGSS
-"Sense of smell" this...I don't get. But I'm guessing it's about the "sweet aroma" which "gently wafts from the leaf on its head"
-Can evolve - 'nuff said
-The aforementioned sweet fragrance can create a "cozy, friendly atmosphere that becalms the battlers"
-Though being an awesome type, the Grass type is crippled because of its multiple weaknesses - in Chikorita's case weak to the first two gyms

With these reasons im going with {bulbasaur} (Just didnt want to write all that)

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:21 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, I'm glad that it was a proper challenge. One of you is right, and the winner is... ShinyLucario!

King_Charizard: you did not notice the early battles being a struggle. Bulbasaur is the Kanto starter for "beginners", especially because it does not have a "bad" Gym until the 3rd (unlike the other two Kanto starters).

As to the clues, ShinyLucario interpreted them perfectly. Your turn, then!

Writers' Challenge

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This time I thought ahead and head off for some tricky, meaty information right after answering the last round! But...Pokemon interview really is no easy job, especially with those guys...Anyways, take a look at some main points I jotted down:
ShinyLucario's Notebook wrote:
-Some of our kind are so jumpy they would be startled by a falling leaf; some seems to be unaware to any impending doom, however.
-I’m apparently a dragon, however Farfetch’d that may sound. Well, I do share some similarities with one of the first dragons.
-*Bzzzzap!* Bet you never saw that coming!
-Hehe, we can do all sorts of things even while asleep! But…what can we do, actually?
-Funny thing: we see the distant future but can’t recall what happened yesterday, hoho! …Eh, who are you?
-Ohoho, isn't hot pink the only way to go? Aren't I just super-duper-ultra cute, heh? Oh, look at those lovey-dovy couples stuck on that lone island together, isn't that cute? Not as cute as me, though, ohoho! W-what are you doing? DON'T YOU DARE PLUCK MY SCAL- AAAH!
-You probably figured something out by now, but do not mistake me with another in my family line! I’m not the one who would make you laugh to death or be banned due to some horrendous disaster.

Would the multitude of clues be a blessing or a curse? Decide for yourselves!
Wait a second, something doesn't seem right...Oh darn, I must've accidentally mixed in an entry from another interview! Can you also spot the erroneous entry?

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

At first, I thought Absol. But then, the clues started pointing to Dratini's evo line. Upon reading further, I thought Magikarp. But-- Wait, what? Magikarp?!? Man, my fu**** minds gone... Hmm... I'm going to have to check the PsyDex for this one.

Goodbye
"

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was going to stay out of this one, because I figured that other people might appreciate having a chance and would begrudge me if I got it right, but I'm too curious... I am digging, but the one thing I can say is that the erroneous entry is probably the hot pink one. The rest of the clues make no indication of that particular Pokemon.

If I'm right on that, at least, it can rest peacefully. Still digging though...

Writers' Challenge

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next