It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Who's that Pokemon? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah. My guess is Magikarp. It evolves into Gyardos, one of the first dragons, is incredibly stupid (intelligence-wise), and is also unexpected.

Goodbye
"

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:37 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

My guess is {milotic}. I'm fifty percent sure that's who you were going for.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, none of you got it exactly right. But thinking of Water-types is a right step!

This one really took some effort. The Pokemon has so much tidbits I ended up with a long list of clues, but to avoid it being too easy, I added a fake entry in it. Then I thought that it would suddenly make everything too difficult, so I made it super obvious. Well, looks like it's going to be a fun round~

Oh, and congrats to AEPMT for picking out the wrong entry! It's actually about a certain Water-type Pokemon, can anyone guess that? ;)

Mektar's Milotic is somewhat reasonable (being a Sleeping Beauty and dragon and all), but some pieces still won't fit. And be careful about the "dragon" part - it can be very misleading.

I can't really think of a clue that isn't already in the description and wouldn't give the answer right away...But look up a list of all Water types, look at abilities, sets of moves, and especially egg moves. Think about the "banned" part...and search for unlikely dragons (told ya it would sound Farfetch'd!).

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

O those Goddamn retreads! I know the pokemon. If know guesses it, may I say it?

PS: What about 'Karp?
'Karp! 'Karp 'Karp!
Shut up, this is my time. I mean sure, its apparently wayy unexpected, but-
'Karp.
Falcon PAWNCH!!!
'Kaarrrpppp!
Yeah. What's wrong with him?

Goodbye
"

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't see any rule stating that you can't, so go ahead! Only then could we see if you really "know the Pokemon", no?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Originally, I thought Dragonair. But, you said 'dragon' can be misleading. So, Treeko. It is of Dragon egg type, as you stated in your pec. Someone, if I'm correct, by the username treekoluv was banned (for PsyBucks abuse, which is very very wrong). Although... There's that damn water type again...

HOLD UP! I omit Treeko and reinstate Dragonair. I'm definite I saw a user with relation to D-air (either avatar or name, or both) that was banned.

Goodbye
"

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:38 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Err...that's...an out-of-the box way to take the "banned" part... :shock:
Sorry but no, neither Treecko nor Dragonair is correct. Allow me to state my previous comment clearer: this Pokemon is wholly or partly Water-type.
Remember my finals words from the last post: Water-type. Abilities. Sets of moves. Egg moves. These are the only things that composed the description, and them you shall use to crack it. Except for the false one, obviously, and...oh, the last clue. Do some research on the anime for that. Plus a move that can make the target laugh. Once you look into that move you've pretty much got it.
And...no one has at least guessed the extra Pokemon yet? Fine, maybe it's not really hot pink, just ordinary pink. Then there are couples, islands, scales...
Yup, "dragon" is still misleading as ever. It's not about the type and not even about the egg group, and when you find out you'll probably be as surprised as I was. ;)

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:04 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I am going to guess Gorebyss. My reasoning its pink, a water type, it sort of looks like one of the first dragons (dragonair sort of) and it has scales (uses Deep Sea Scale to evolve from Clamperl) and because no one else guessed it.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As to the fake Pokemon, it's Luvdisc. Since I get no reward for guessing that right, I'll just say it.

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@Wailord_2: Your reasoning actually makes a lot of sense! Unfortunately you missed the "false entry" part which misled you...Revise all the clues and the other hints and you might just be a winner!
@AEPMT: Yup, it's Luvdisc - the useless pink lovey-dovey fish whose only purpose in life is to hold the Heart Scale for Mightyena and Linoone and the such to rob.

Fine, I'll give an extra clue: it has the same body style with Magikarp.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Third times charm! I hope.
Feebas. Evolves into Milotic when traded with a Prism Scale. A PRISM SCALE!!! There's the part for scale.
Same body type as Karp.
Evolves into Milotic, similar to how Karp evolves into Gyardos.
'Nuff said.

Goodbye
"

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ouch.

Really?

The fraud entry has already been picked out and identified as Luvdisc, so don't think about that scale part! Plus, the Prism Scale is only introduced in Gen V, not in the "original" ones.

I'll put a summary of all clues here, please look over all of them carefully:
Quote:
- Some senses dangers easily; some are too thickheaded to notice anything (err, is thickheaded a Japanese word? No?)
- Like a dragon in an unexpected way (has to do with his dad)
- Unexpected Electric move thanks to a deep-sea dad or a dream
- 3 sleep-related moves
- Sees future; forgets something to make itself more powerful
- The above refers to its abilities, egg moves, and two sets of related moves
- Differences between it and "another one in its line": the other can make the opponent laugh (I'll say again, you've pretty much got the answer when you look into this) and was once banned (*cough*Anime*cough*)
- Water-type, partly or wholly
- Same body style as Magikarp

I'll give one more, likely the final, clue:
- Cast your fishing line at a place where meteorites descend, and you might find me.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Barboach. Whiscash is said to be humorous to a point. Also, Barboach use their whiskers to predict prey.
There was a banned episode named "Barboach vs. Whiscash".
Wikipedia didnt have anything else to offer.
EDIT: BUT! I looked at the PsyDex to confirm, and yep! Can be found at the Moor of Iccirus (I think thats how its spelled), learns Future Sight, has Psybeam, Amnesia, and another status typed psychic egg move, and has Anticipation as a possible ability.

Goodbye
"

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Goodness, this round is finally over. The correct answer is Barboach, so congratulations Samurott, perseverance does pay off! (Though I have absolutely no idea why is the Moor of Icirrus involved)

The mess of clues need some explaining, though...
Quote:
- Some senses dangers easily; some are too thickheaded to notice anything (err, is thickheaded a Japanese word?) = Its two normal abilities: Anticipation & Oblivious (whose Japanese name translates to "Thickheaded")
- Like a dragon in an unexpected way (has to do with his dad) = Gets Dragon Dance as an egg move, dad's a Gyarados. The two both are Water-type, have long bodies, and have prominent whiskers (but still very surprising)
- Unexpected Electric move thanks to a deep-sea dad or a dream = Gets Spark via breeding or Dream World
- 3 sleep-related moves = Learns Rest and Snore naturally, Sleep Talk via TM/Dream World
- Sees future; forgets something to make itself more powerful = Learns both Future Sight and Amnesia
- The above refers to its abilities, egg moves, and two sets of related moves = Explained
- Differences between it and "another one in its line": the other can make the opponent laugh and was once banned (*cough*Anime*cough*) = Derpfish Whiscash gets Tickle which Barboach can't get(I emphasized this because if you look at Pokemon who learn Tickle you can easily deduce the answer); the episode Shaking Island Battle! Barboach VS Whiscash!! was never aired due to earthquakes in Japan (hopefully we'll still get the Team Plasma episodes)
- Water-type, partly or wholly = Water/Ground, 'nuff said
- Same body style as Magikarp = 'Nuff said
- Found by fishing where meteorites descend = Fish in Meteor Falls

Did I mention that this slimy loach is apparently so adorable it can sweep Cute Contests with its many move combos?

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I know its my turn, but youll have to wait awhile. I'm finishing a video so I wont be on a good portion of today and some of tomorrow. That, and I have to think of a pokemon.

Goodbye
"

Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That last round of yours inspires me, SL. So, in the light of this pokemon, I'll try to make my best.

Quote:
??? said:
-I am somewhat famous, but almost always forgotten.
-I look as if I'm a rodent, but dont be too decieved.
-I flame a lot.
-I have an explosive personality, dont you think?
-Falcon PAWNCH! Sorry.
-Sure. Superman can jump these, but I can break through them.
-I am very ill-tempered.

There are a few screwballs in there. No, there is no fake pokemon thrown in there like last time. Intentionally. So, who is it?

Goodbye
"

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm...inspiring? Well, thanks.

Now this one is challenging indeed. I'm guessing Raticate?
- Gnaws through concrete buildings
- Gets Flame Wheel via breeding
- Looks like a rodent...but is not? (This got me thinking Bidoof/Bibarel)
- Aggressive
- No...punching...? Sucker Punch isn't a real punch...

BTW, always check Bulbapedia's Main Page for the occasionally featured "Who's That Pokemon". Yesterday's one was actually pretty tough (for me, at least)

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

No... I would like to say your close, but I'd be lying. The second reason wasnt too far off, though. It wasnt correct, but it wasnt totally wrong.

Goodbye
"

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:38 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is it Typhlosion?
-It's like a rodent (Cyndaquil being the fire mouse pokémon and Typhlosion its evolution)
-It always has flames on its shoulders
-It can learn Eruption
-It can learn Focus Punch
-It can learn Brick Break
-It is quick-tempered

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DragoBoy, you are possibly the most smartest person pokemon-wise on this site. It is, in fact, Typhlosion.
Let me explain:
When I said that I was writing in the light of this pokemon, that should of hinted at its typing as either fire or electric.
It is arguably one of the most famous starters ever, but due to it being Gen 2, Gen 3 kinda covered it up.
Cyndaquil is a mouse.
It is very short tempered and explosive fur, and the fact that it can learn or be taught Eruption and Blast Burn.
The next one was a bit of a screwball clue.
Superman can leap buildings in a single bound, but since Typhlosion learns Brick Break, it can bust through them.

Your turn, DragoBoy!

Goodbye
"

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Awesome, my turn :D
Quote:
??? said:
-I could have had it for myself (and my pre-evo) only if it wasn't for those damn aliens :evil:
-A little yellow rat once got my gender wrong
-While most of us are heavy, a close kept secret is that some of us may be made of aluminium
-Some call us gold among other things, but we're not gold normally

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

First of all, Cyndaquil is not a mouse but more of an echidna, though some fans assume it's somewhat based on a rat following the "Fire Starter = Chinese Zodiac Animal" pattern.

Oh man, this one took me through so much twists and turns I'm plain confused right now (Well, coming from Drago "New King of Pokemon Trivia" Boy, this should be expected XD). Every clue seems to lead in a different direction that made me flip through Bulbapedia furiously.

Lastly, I settled on Metang/Metagross (so confused, can't decide which) which is probably still wrong...
- 1st line hints a pre-evo, and some aliens...This line initially led me to Aron family. Couldn't explain it perfectly for Metang/Metagross though
- 2nd line implies a gender...this one led me to Magnemite family. Can't explain it at all...
- Here's something! They are usually impressively heavy (Metang: 202.5kg; Metagross: 550kg) but they could have the Dream World ability Light Metal which halves their weight (still very heavy, mind you)
- Gold...? This led me to Sudowoodo, as silly as it sounds. Err...Beldum line's Shiny coloration is silver/gold?

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Could it be {solrock} ? Wait, no... Solrock doesnt have any evos.

Goodbye
"

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ShinyLucario wrote:
First of all, Cyndaquil is not a mouse but more of an echidna, though some fans assume it's somewhat based on a rat following the "Fire Starter = Chinese Zodiac Animal" pattern.?

Psydex wrote:
Cyndaquil
Species: Fire Mouse

And yes Metagross is the answer:
Quote:
??? said:
-I could have had it for myself (and my pre-evo) only if it wasn't for those damn aliens :evil:
-A little yellow rat once got my gender wrong
-While most of us are heavy, a close kept secret is that some of us may be made of aluminium
-Some call us gold among other things, but we're not gold normally

-Metagross and Metang learn Meteor Mash, so do Clefairy and Deoxys (by event) the two "aliens"
PokéPark Pad entry wrote:
Metagross was drawn to the fun-loving atmosphere of the PokéPark. He loves to play, especially at Bastiodon's Block Barrage.
-He? Metagross is genderless.
ShinyLucario wrote:
Here's something! They are usually impressively heavy (Metang: 202.5kg; Metagross: 550kg) but they could have the Dream World ability Light Metal which halves their weight (still very heavy, mind you)

-correct
-Metagross' Chinese name translates as "Giant gold monster" although only shiny ones have any gold on them.

Your turn SL :D

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Blastoise's Pokédex Entry wrote:
Shellfish Pokémon ;)

Good one, DragoBoy, I totally can't believe I got this one right!
I actually thought the 1st line means a place instead of a move and went "Ooh, Aron family would've dominated (most of the) Granite Cave if not for those Sableye!" XD
I never could've guessed that second line, referring to a genderless Pokemon with a gendered pronoun seems so natural for PokéPark, since "it" seems rude, no? Not to mention Metagross always seems like a male to me :P
And that last line...A user of Chinese who didn't even consider the possibility...Hey, cut me some slack. I always think the "金" used here means "metal", as in "五金店" (literally "five gold shop") which means "hardware store"

After that torturous Barboach round, I should really make sure my clues are neither too obscure nor too obvious...
??? wrote:
- I prefer to live in damp, watery places
- Ah, the rain is so refreshing! Some of us won't even care about snowstorms or dust devils, but we don't enjoy the blazing sun too much
- We have some nasty, sticky attacks that involve corrosive fluids and life-draining powers
- We don't lack in defensive tactics either: we can regenerate our own cells and even alter our very cellular structure to become extremely tough
- The members of my evolution line are like night and day, an example being learning two very contrasting moves - both involving psychic powers and, uh, trading - at the same time

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next