It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:27 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Braving the Unknown Path- a game of survival 
Author Message
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
A game of fate, choices, and the will to survive. Will you make it to the other side, or just be another victim of the storm?

_________________
#deadnightone


Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:01 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Here's the story for this game- rules come after.

You are one of many villagers in the happy little nameless town on the west side of the mountains. Everything you could ever need is located within the boundaries of this location, and for as long as anyone can remember, no one has ever traveled outside of them. Decades pass, life moves on, until one day, black clouds can be seen approaching the village. Thinking it was just another storm, the ominous black nothingness in they sky is ignored. It was clear only after the storm was in mid-swing, and once half the townsfolk had been killed, that this was a problem. You and a small group of survivors just make it out alive. Once out of the storms reach, you then are faced with another problem- where will you live now? With the storm quickly catching up to you, you are forced to look for neighboring settlements on the other side of the mountains, but the only way to get there is by taking one of serveral unknown paths.

Interested yet?

RULES:
1) this game will last NO LONGER than mid February 2012
2) this is a game of fate, all decisions are final, and there is no second chances. Death is final.
3) how to play the game-
A- to sign up, PM me no later than Saturday, October 15.
B- as stated in the story, you will be faced with many choices along the course of this game. To respond to them, PM your choice within the time limit giving. There are no re-dos or changing your mind, so make sure your positive your answer is the one you want.
C- although individual answers must be PM'ed to be counted, I am allowing the use of the comments to discuss possible team ups or suggestions.
D- although this game may seem endless, there is already a planned ending for those who make specific choices. This means your journey will end in one of three ways-
1- Find another settlement and be saved.
2- Survive all the rounds, but do not make it to another settlement.
3- Perish in your journey, and be eliminated from the game.
E- a new section of the story will be posted WEEKLY. With this section, I will give a due date for all answers. If you do not respond within the time limit, the 'storm' will catch up to you, and you will be automatically eliminated.

And finally, REWARDS-
Perish along your journey- no reward (better luck next time...)
Survive all rounds before game ends, but do not find end goal (other settlement)- 10 psybucks
Find another settlement and be saved- 20 psybucks

Any questions? Post in the comments before next saturday, and I will answer them ASAP.

Sign ups start now and end in a week! If your interested, PM me, and you'll be put in the game!

GOOD LUCK!!!

_________________
#deadnightone


Last edited by Argonaut457 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:27 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
I feel like my detailed directions still remain unclear and confusing to some (wouldn't be surprised, I was confused the first time I read them over) so I am providing an example to try to make the game more clear:

There are one of three paths in the forest you chose to go into the previous round. I would describe the looks of each path. For instance, one may be overgrown with forest life, one may be hard and rocky, the other may look like something. You choose one of them.

Path one leads you on a detour
Path two was unstable, causing a rockslide, killing you, thus eliminating you from the game.
Path three leads you in the right direction, but you wouldn't know that. It would simply lead you to another choice.

Other choices may not directly effect you right away, for instance, exploring a cave may seem to be only a distraction or and trap, but something you find inside may help you or even save you from death, should you make a wrong choice.

Now the point of this game is to not know what's coming, so don't expect these choices in the game, this was just an example to make the game more clear.

_________________
#deadnightone


Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:11 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Ok, so, I realize today was supposed to be the launch date, but we simply don't have enough survivors yet (sorry, guys! :( )
Anyway, sign-ups have now been EXTENDED to next saturday!
Quote:
Current Survivors-
Rex09
Edoc'sil
Mr. Dude
Twisturtwig
Azul
DragoBoy
Porygon3
IceArceus12



PM me to sign up!

_________________
#deadnightone


Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Alright, ladies and gentlemen, let's get started! But before we do, one quick change to the rules- I think it would be better if we posted final answers, not PM'ed them. You can still post suggestions, tips, etc. but answer are now required to be posted as well, just make sure it is clear, so I know your not just "thinking about it" so nobody can change their answers.

First part of the story to be posted in the next few minutes! Get ready! Good luck!

_________________
#deadnightone


Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:07 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
The storm had decimated the town, beyond comprehension of imagination. The city that had supported a population of hundreds and thousands of men and women for centuries now lies in ruins, leaving almost nothing intact. The settlement was gone, with no chance to rebuild.

Eight survivors slowly walk through these ruins, seeing what used to be their home now nothing. The dead were buried where they fell, and the rubble was searched for anything that could be salvaged.
This is what was found-
A lone pokèball
A 2x4 piece of wood
A pocket knife
A leather belt
A gasoline container, empty, of course
A flashlight
A glass bottle, also empty
A fanny pack
A mirror
A role of duck tape

"We should travel light, and each carry one item only." was the wisdom offered by azul.
Twisturtwig announced "The fanny pack might be useful, but I don't know..."

It was debated for quite awhile, and, knowing the storm was catching up to them, another decision arose- where would they go?
"We must search for other settlement, it's the only way to survive." Rex informed the group. "But where do we start?"

The team surveyed their surroundings once more, and found a single trail, leading to an ominous looking forest. "There could be dangerous wildlife in there..." Edoc'sil commented

A path leading to the mountains was also discovered "The storm might be worse up there." was IceArceus's response.

Lastly, a lakeside path was spotted as well. "That lake looks more like a swamp, there could be something hiding there..." Dragoboy warned.

Anyway they went, there was danger, but with every ounce of danger, came a small glimmer of hope. Hope for survival, and a hope for a new home.....
*end of round one story*

Alright, let's begin!
The first choice is simple, choose what path you would like to take (each is different, but there is an equal amount of danger and safety in each) and what item you will take (there's only one of each, so it's a first come, first serve deal!).
Post your answers in the comments below, along with suggestions, tips, etc.
You have until next Saturday to respond.
Good luck!

_________________
#deadnightone


Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:36 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:33 am
Posts: 1213
Location: Pretty much anywhere, and always running
All right! It's finally starting. I CALL THE PHANNY PACK! Also, I'l go on the trail to the lake. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_________________
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
- The Book Thief


Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:25 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Okay, then. TT's got the fanny pack. Remaining choices:
A lone pokèball
A 2x4 piece of wood
A pocket knife
A leather belt
A gasoline container, empty, of course
A flashlight
A glass bottle, also empty
A fanny pack
A mirror
A role of duck tape

_________________
#deadnightone


Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:41 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
Pokeball, and forest.

My thinking is that the knife and ball should go to the forest. These could be used to kill or capture a potentially dangerous foe. The gas container could be used to catch water in the mountains, same with the glass bottle, which might help long-term... The plank, uh, could be used to keep from getting wet?

The people with the flashlight and the mirror should go together. That way, they can signal for help if necessary.

Dunno about the leather belt.

Feel free to disregard my suggestions; I don't know what's going to happen, but it definitely seems like it'll be interesting :p

_________________
Image


Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:13 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:55 pm
Posts: 413
Location: redfield kansas united states of amarica.
I will take the empty gas can. :mrgreen: . the forest is the path I shall take for the trees give me hope and TT goes not.(just jokeing I am giveing him a hard time about the WW game)

haha rex you posted when I was don't worry I got the gas can cuz what if we get a car and gas.

_________________
current games - X & Y
also White2 and HeartGold but not play them at this time.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

Image

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything


Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:22 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Okay, then, that leaves these items left:
A lone pokèball
A 2x4 piece of wood
A pocket knife
A leather belt
A gasoline container, empty, of course
A flashlight
A glass bottle, also empty
A fanny pack
A mirror
A role of duck tape

Still waiting on replys for the rest of the survivors- Edoc'sil, Mr. Dude, DragoBoy, Porygon3, IceArceus12

_________________
#deadnightone


Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:14 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:13 am
Posts: 518
I'll take the wood and go by the lake. Why? I don't know.

_________________
Image
My Gallery Last update: 19 July (Fake Card)


Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:59 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Alright, everybody, the week, and the first round, is half over. Half the survivors have selected answers for round one, but the other half haven't. Remember, answers must be submitted by this Saturday, or you will be automatically ELIMINATED.

This is your only warming, get your answers in or DIE. (literally, you lose the game by dieing)

_________________
#deadnightone


Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:57 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:35 pm
Posts: 276
Location: Hiding from the voices
Last minute entry!

I'll take the knife and go through the forest. I agree with rex's logic, so I'll follow it. :D

_________________
Pokemon Factoid: All computer-controlled Pokemon have Serene Grace, Compoundeyes, and Super Luck at the same time.
Click the eggs/hatchlings or die. (There may be none, but you should click them anyway.)


Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Time's up! Round one is over! Here are the standings-
Taking the path to the forest...
Rex09 with the pokèball,
Azul with his empty gas container,
and Mr. Dude with his trusty pocket-knife!

Taking the trail along the lake....
TT with his awesome fanny pack,
and DragoBoy with a 2x4 piece of wood!

All other players did not meet the time limit, and have been eliminated.
Looks like this might be a small game, but rules are rules.
Round two to be posted within the hour!

_________________
#deadnightone


Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:22 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
When the eight lone survivors woke up in their make-shift camp, it was found that three unlucky souls had not survived the night. Edoc'sil, Porygon, and IceArceus were laid to rest that morning.
After claiming their salvage, the five remaining men decided to split up. With a slow, agonizing goodbye, and with wishes for the best of luck, a single pair began to make their way to the lake, while the trio headed their separate way, into the woods. In mind and in heart, it was known that they would never see each other again.

-Days pass-

IF YOU CHOSE THE TRAIL TO THE LAKE:
"Slow- Down- TT! I *gasp* can't *puff* keep up with you!" Drago wheezed out.
"Sorry, I'm just a little on edge. Keep hearing weird noises... Like something's... Following us...."
"No problem, just slow down... It's a little hard to carry this wood around."
"Then get rid of it."
"Nah, could be useful."
The duo continued onwards, until a small fork in the road was met. To one side, a draw bridge, proof of civilization, heading across to the other side of the river. After getting a closer look, it was found that the only life was a gang of looters, who didn't look that friendly. When the other path was inspected, nothing was found except a long, dark trail proceding farther along the lake, overgrown and populated by all sorts of wildlife.
"Well, we can't stay here too long, or that storm will catch up to us. We have to choose a way." TT concluded.
*end of lake round two*

Second choice- which path will you take?
The draw bridge with the potentially hostile looter?
OR
The dark path overgrown and highly inhabited by wildlife?

_________________
#deadnightone


Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:51 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
IF YOU CHOSE THE PATH TO THE FOREST:
We pick up with our trio in the dead center of the forest, hopelessly lost.
"Well, stay positive guys!" Rex encouraged "At least we know THIS way leads nowhere!"
"Can it and find a way outta here!" the others said united.
This was followed by another long period of walking aimlessly, until a fork in the road was found.
"Look!" cried azul. "a hut of some sort!
After further examination, it was found he was right, there was indeed a hut on one of the paths.
"Seems a little suspicous if you ask me..." Mr. Dude mentioned. "Who would live out here?"
"A psychopath with a bloody chainsaw he calls 'Betty'." suggested azul.
"Or, maybe a nice old man who knows how to get out of these god-forsaken woods!" Rex retorted.
"Whatever. Look, the other trail leads around the house, a safe distance away to sneak past it. We can go there if we don't want to take a chance with Betty the Bloody Chainsaw."
The team contemplated on what should be done. Should they stick together? Would splitting up be best? Or was it already hopeless either way?
*end of forest round two*

Second chocie- which path will you take?
The path to the hut, where help might be found?
OR
The path that sneaks around the hut?

ROUND TWO DEADLINE IS NEXT SATUDAY!

_________________
#deadnightone


Last edited by Argonaut457 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:08 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Current standings-
Rex09- Forest path- pokèball
Edoc'sil- LAID TO REST ROUND ONE
Mr. Dude- Forest path- pocket knife
Twisturtwig- Lake path- fanny pack
Azul- Forest path- empty gas container
DragoBoy- Lake path- 2x4 piece of wood
Porygon3- LAID TO REST ROUND ONE
IceArceus12- LAID TO REST ROUND ONE

_________________
#deadnightone


Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:12 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:35 pm
Posts: 276
Location: Hiding from the voices
FOREST PATH PEOPLE!
There's a path going around the house. Logic says that path will continue on, so we won't be as hopelessly lost. However, I believe whatever's in the hut is more likely to be friend than foe. A psychopath doesn't force themselves to live alone (especially in a place where very few people are going to visit); they go into a populated area and cause mayhem. (And don't say that the government or someone is keeping them in the house; they could leave at any time.) So we could either take a very small risk and go to the hut, or go on a path that will at least lead us to some other decision. Keep in mind that we will probably end up going down the path anyway if the hut-man is a friend, but he'll give us advice on which paths to take. I'm still wrestling with my decision, but hopefully this will help you guys. :)

_________________
Pokemon Factoid: All computer-controlled Pokemon have Serene Grace, Compoundeyes, and Super Luck at the same time.
Click the eggs/hatchlings or die. (There may be none, but you should click them anyway.)


Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:01 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:13 am
Posts: 518
Hmm... gang of looters OR mysterious path by the lake. What do you think TT?
I believe in strength in numbers and there's only the two of us so we should probably stick together.
The two of us might be able to take on those looters together (if they are hostile) and I could hit them with the wood (thats one use for it). On the other hand we could avoid that situation and just go up the other path and see what mysteries lie up there.

_________________
Image
My Gallery Last update: 19 July (Fake Card)


Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:03 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Just so you guys know, the items won't play themselves out in the story. As a little bit of a MAJOR SURPRISE, I waited to tell you until now tell you that an item can be used at ANY TIME durring the game. In some cases, it will be very useful, as in surviving another round useful. In some cases, it will do you no good whatsoever. Just know, as another twist, that items can only be used once, so choose wisely.

_________________
#deadnightone


Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:07 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:33 am
Posts: 1213
Location: Pretty much anywhere, and always running
I say that we go to the looters. They could trade us something for the wood if they are friendly (is it possible to gain more items throughout the story?), or if they're not, I could beat them senseless with my fanny pack. :lol: As for the forest trio, I would suggest going to the hut. There may be a healer or sage who gives you some sort of medicinal herbs.

_________________
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
- The Book Thief


Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:20 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 216
Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
To answer your question, TT, would be my pleasure, IF the point of the game was not a mystery. Remember guys, I will tell you how to play the game, but the whole... Uh... 'experiment' is to throw stuff at you and see how you do. You don't know what's out there and your not going to until you find it, only I know Whats going to happen. That's the fun of it.
By the way, glad to see everyone getting right into it! Especially happy about you guys trying to HELP EACH OTHER OUT and the fact that you guys are trying to STICK TOGETHER *cough cough*.

_________________
#deadnightone


Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:27 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
I'll only go into the hut if the other two do it. Whoever/whatever's in there is likely to be alone; I wouldn't take the risk unless all three of us do so. And Argonaut said to stick together, so I think that would be the best choice.

But otherwise, I'll sneak around. I have a Pokeball, so I'll just throw it at anything that attacks me. Even if it's not a human.

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:53 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:35 pm
Posts: 276
Location: Hiding from the voices
I can't come up with a decision of what to do, so I'll let azul decide for me and for rex. If azul goes to the hut, I'll go and rex will end up going too. If azul doesn't go, neither rex or I will go. It's a small risk to enter the hut, but still a risk nonetheless. With the three of us, a knife, a Pokeball, and an empty gas container, nothing can stop us!

_________________
Pokemon Factoid: All computer-controlled Pokemon have Serene Grace, Compoundeyes, and Super Luck at the same time.
Click the eggs/hatchlings or die. (There may be none, but you should click them anyway.)


Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:30 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.