It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Braving the Unknown Path- a game of survival 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mr. Dude wrote:
I can't come up with a decision of what to do, so I'll let azul decide for me and for rex. If azul goes to the hut, I'll go and rex will end up going too. If azul doesn't go, neither rex or I will go. It's a small risk to enter the hut, but still a risk nonetheless. With the three of us, a knife, a Pokeball, and an empty gas container, nothing can stop us!

This stuff. Otherwise, it'll be all three of us on the path sneaking around, which will be just as good :p

Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OK ? I guess I am going to the hut.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Alright, so azul is going to the hut. I assume that means so will the other two, but I need a direct answer fom both of you to be sure.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay. The hut it is. Let's do this thing! Prepare yourselves, my fellow warriors, for we go into battle against curiosity!

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dammit. We're all going to die >.<

(still going in, though)

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OK TT the others have chosen. I think we should go over the bridge (towards the looters) and see what happens but if you think we should go the other way then I'll go too because we should stick together.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

To the looters it is! (This better not kill us...)

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OK bring it on looters (or not :? )

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:30 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Ok, so, since everyone gave their answers very quickly, and I have some extra time, so let's kick off round three early!

IF YOU CHOSE THE PATH TO THE HUT:
After a short (and might I add VERY short) discussion, the trio decided it was obvious they should go to the hut, seeing as the path seemed to be going nowhere.
Come on, what's the worst that could happen, right?
They approached the door, only to find it open, with a warm, welcoming feeling lingering about. Knife drawn, Mr. Dude enters first, followed by the others.
The hut (more like shack) resembled the residency of a gypsy sort of person, torn up and left a mess. A single table sat in the center of the single room, with a single man sitting at it. He was very old, and looked as if he hadn't moved from that spot for years. The group almost thought he was dead, until he raised his hand.
"Company!" he groaned in the classic old-wise man voice. The door shut and locked behind them.
"I already regret this." was the only comment Rex had.
The old man began to chant:
"You have come inside alive, but if you want to stay the same,
You must come to my table, and play my wonderful game,
Three boxes sit before me, quite simple indeed,
But before you open any, my warning you must heed,
One box leads to my prize, and it a good one, I must say,
But another leads to death, and with your life you will pay,
The third is in the middle, and you'll still be on your way,
So come now, to my table, and play my little game,
But pick carefully if you want to stay the same."

"What?" azul couldnt quite keep up.
"One box is good, one will kill you, and another's in the middle." Rex explained
"Couldn't he just have said that?" Mr. Dude commented.
"Who cares, let's just pick."

*End of round three*

The next choice is as followed-
Pick box number one, two or three.
You can all pick the same one, but you also could choose differently, it's your choice.
Remember, you can use your item at any time.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

-_-

Piss. Well, uh... I don't think I can use my Pokeball, right? So, uh, number 3. Or can I take Mr. Dude's knife and stab the old man? If so, that's my choice :p (no really, #3)

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

IF YOU CHOSE THE PATH TO THE LOOTERS-
Thinking it was best to stick together, they approached the looters slowly.
Before they reach earshot distance, the bridge is quickly drawn up, and the looters stop everything and jump up, just to greet the pair of survivors.
DragoBoy pulls his board above his head, and TT packs his fanny pack with rocks, attempting to use it as a makeshift mace.
"Okay, so they might not be friendly..." was TT's assumption.
Five minutes later, they were disarmed and facing a predicament.
The first looter to speak to them spoke quickly and precisely.
"My demands are short and simple. If you wish to cross and/or get your... Uh... Possessions back, you will bring us a gold brick. Where to find one and how to get it here is for you to find. If you don't come back with a gold brick, your dead. Get moving down one of these trails."

*end of round three*

Okay, so it seems you've run into a problem. But, you still can get out of this.
Options:
Look for the golden brick down one of the trails (if you find one, you will be able to cross the bridge, and you will get your items back).
OR
Run away from the looters, and hope they don't come after you.
Remember, you can use your- oh wait they've been taken by the looters.

Think about this one, you two. Sure, a fanny pack and a piece of wood isn't too big of a prize, but what about the bridge? If it lead to certain death, or something of that sort, why would looters bother to guard it so heavily? Just a helpful suggestion to think about.

Last edited by Argonaut457 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Current standings-
Rex09- Old man's hut-pokèball
Edoc'sil- LAID TO REST ROUND ONE
Mr. Dude- Old man's hut- pocket knife
Twisturtwig- Oh, no, looters!
Azul- Old Man's hut- empty gas container
DragoBoy- Oh, no, looters!
Porygon3- LAID TO REST ROUND ONE
IceArceus12- LAID TO REST ROUND ONE

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Argonaut, you said, and I quote:
Argonaut457 wrote:
"One box leads to my prize, and it a good one, I must say,

ONE box leads to the prize. There's box ONE, two, and three to choose from. Coincidence? I think not. I'm going to go for box one.
(And if my logic is wrong and box one leads to death, I'm gonna use my knife on whatever's in the box. And then on the old man for putting me in that predicament in the first place. And then I'll steal the other two boxes, pee on the old man's corpse, and walk out of the hut. (jk))

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mr. Dude wrote:
Argonaut457 wrote:

ONE box leads to the prize. There's box ONE, two, and three to choose from. Coincidence? I think not. I'm going to go for box one.

If your logic is correct, than the third box is in the middle of the three, so the killing one is box #3. Rex, you're screwed.

As for me, I'll choose to pull a gold bar out of my magic phanny pack and- oh wait, the looters have my pack. :evil: I'll just go search for one on the trails then. There has to be something beyond the bridge, right? DragoBoy, are you coming?

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I choose not to interpret it that way. If I were Argonaut, I would've just randomly assigned the numbers to their fates; but if those are clues, then I think #2 is actually the death box. Alternatively, he could've made #1 the death box just to **** with everyone's minds.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh boy I have been busy this week.

can i pick a box one of the other guys picked?

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yup. But you will share one of our fates if you do so.. Honestly, we could all stack on one box again, but I don't think that would help much, other than the fact that Argonaut may be reluctant to eliminate so many players at once. Which I doubt he is.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OK so the looters are hostile. Good to know that. Anyway there is probably something important across the bridge so I'll search for the gold. I just hope they don't kill us and take the gold anyway once we've found it.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DragoBoy wrote:
OK so the looters are hostile. Good to know that. Anyway there is probably something important across the bridge so I'll search for the gold. I just hope they don't kill us and take the gold anyway once we've found it.

Same. I'm in.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OK I am going with box #3 just because Rex picked it :P .

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:

VladimirMacHolzraum:

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

MY GOD I've been busy! Sorry about there being a lack of game to play, but don't worry, it's back on now, and as compensation for my failure... EVERYONE RECIEVES ONE HINT TICKET! Use it wisely...

Back to the story.....
Back to the old man's hut.
Mr. Dude picked up his box, a little nervous knowing that both of his other companions had chosen differently.
The duo who had chosen box three became nervous too, but knew that what ever happened, happened to both of them.
The old man chimed in to break the tension- "My brave young friend, you chose box number one.... Go ahead... Open it...."
Scared out of his mind, Mr. Dude opened the box...
WITH A SCREAM he went down, throbbing in pain, certain he was dead as a venomous snake clinged to his neck. Had it hung on any longer, he surely would've been dead, but, thinking quickly, Mr. Dude whipped out his pocket knife and stabbed the snake, delivering a fatal blow, however shattering the blade.
The damage was minimized, but not soon enough, Mr. Dude was poisoned and didn't have long...

By this time, the duo had decided to open box number three, hoping inside would lay something to save their friend, but found nothing. In fact, all that poured of was a cloud of thick, green smoke.

Poison.

They turned to the old man for help, but he was gone, so instead they took Mr. Dude and ran out of the back of the hut, not knowing where they were going. All that lay before them was yet another fork in the road.
One path was neatly trimmed from the moment it left the back of the hut to about a mile beyond. Could this be a trap layed by the murderous old man?
The other lead the mouth of a cave, shelter they could use, but they had no time. They had to find help before all three of them died from the poison. This decision was crucial to their survival.

*end of round four*

Alright, so you seem to just be digging your graves deeper and deeper now. Not a good way to start back off.
Mr. Dude, your knife came into play, therefore you have survived the round, but lost your item. Also, although you were not killed, the knife only minimized the damage, but you have still been poisoned. You have two more rounds to find help before you die.
Rex and azul, you were also poisoned, although your items did not help. However, the poison was the middle box, so you have three rounds to find help.
Choose which of the two paths to take.
Remember, you have you hint tickets.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mr. Dude wrote:
Argonaut457 wrote:

Yea you were totally wrong. Just throwing that out there. Sorry 'bout that, but it's what you chose.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright, now for the other two.

TT and DragoBoy walked along the path leading away from the bridge, hearing one last yell from there new 'friends'.
"Remember, bring us back the gold, or your dead!"
So the two survivors walked along the path, terrified at the thought of failing these horrible men.
After searching for quite awhile, they found two caves, one that looked to be overflowing with all different kinds of minerals!
"There is so much stuff in there, at least some of it has to be gold!" TT yelled in joy.
"But wait!" DragoBoy stopped him, "What's that? From the other cave?"
Yes, indeed, what, but a yell coming from there other cave! A yell of distress! And from, what sounds to be, a little girl! How could this be? Our survivors couldn't help but wonder!
"Help!" the voice screamed "Help! I've falling into a quite a predicament! Please, help!"
What to do? There could be a life at steak, but saving it could endanger the lives of our heros! What will they do?

*End of round four*

Alright, so this is a tough one.
There is clearly something valuable in the cave with the minerals. Maybe not gold, but possibly something better.
On the other hand, it appears that either a little girl is trapped in a cave and can't et out, or certain death awaits you two in a horrible trap. But, who says thus "girl" wouldn't reward you for such an act of bravery? Only I know, and that's the fun part!
Choose which cave to explore.
Remember, you both got a free hint ticket.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Argonaut457 wrote:
MY GOD I've been busy! Sorry about there being a lack of game to play, but don't worry, it's back on now, and as compensation for my failure... EVERYONE RECIEVES ONE HINT TICKET! Use it wisely...

You didn't fail, Argonaut. We all get busy. But I'll keep the hint ticket anyway. :D I'm not going to pass up such a nice gift.

Now, the path behind the hut is neatly trimmed for a mile down, which means that there's someone caring for the path. However, the only life we know of in this area is the evil old man. But if he wanted to set a trap for us, he'd trim the path more, maybe two miles. The woods a mile down after the trimmed part is probably safe, but a lot can happen in a mile.
On the other hand, I have five fingers. (I just really wanted to say that. :D) But seriously, there are creatures in caves like lions, tigers, and bears. Plus, the old man may have set up a trap in the cave. But caves and tunnels are two different things, and caves don't lead to anywhere but dead ends. (Well, there are networks of caves underground, but they're more like tunnels with underground caves scattered about.) Dead ends may be good for trapping people, but who would knowingly walk into one with all probability that they won't survive? And caves have treasures, like diamonds, rubies, gold bricks (rubbing it in :twisted:), and antidotes to poison. I don't see how a trimmed path can give us an antidote, but I can easily see a glass vial of antidote sitting deep in a cave.
I'm going to wait for either rex or azul to decide, and that will be my decision. I'm great when it comes to mapping out the pros and cons of choices, but I can never actually MAKE a choice. Plus, this guarantees that I'll be with at least one person, and it's always better to stick together.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ok, people, I know it's been awhile, but really, back to buissness. The portion of the story is posted, and the deadline is thursday. Get to it, or die! (literally!)

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:05 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next