It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Trivia of DNA I 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mektar was on the right track? Pikachu's never learned Thunderpunch naturally, ever.

For this one I'm going with Delcatty thunderwaving Rhyperior being impossible... there are two others I'm not sure about but I'm more sure about this one, and the rest I know are possible.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I...really don't know about this one, everything seems to be possible in some way:

Do NOT Highlight to view spoiler.
1. Reuniclus has at least one ability aside from Magic Guard, that prevents weather effects but not status effects
2. Yep, Mandibuzz does get Overcoat
3. The Rhyperior can be Soaked, and Delcatty's exclusive ability Normalize might be related
4. I think Electivire gets Vital Spirit from Dream World
5. Aron can be hitting a non-Ghost infected with Mu- wait! "No abilities have been altered" It's still explainable that the foe might be Soaked or Odor Sleuth-ed/Foresighted...but is Endeavor even a contact move?
6. Odor Sleuth/Foresight allows Reversal to deal super effective damage to Spiritomb as if it's pure Dark-type

Well, I'll go with an Aron using Endeavor and having its ability immediately changed to Mummy.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I am going to say A Mandibuzz that doesn't take damage from Sandstorm.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:43 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

The 3 points for this question go to ShinyLucario, because he not only gave the correct answer, but also explained why. Good show!
I'll explain.

A Reuniclus dying to poison damage - Reuniclus can get Overcoat instead of Magic Guard, so this is possible.
A Mandibuzz that doesn't take damage from Sandstorm - Mandibuzz gets Overcoat too.
A Delcatty using Thunder Wave on a Rhyperior successfully - Normalize allows Thunder Wave to paralyze Rhyperior, bypassing the immunity and changing Thunder Wave to a Normal-type move.
An Electivire that doesn't get affected by Spore - Electabuzz line gets Vital Spirit through the Dream World, so this is possible.
An Aron using Endeavor and having its ability immediately changed to Mummy - The condition was that no abilities were altered. Initially, the only Pokemon that can have Mummy are Yamask and Cofagrigus - and both are Ghost-types, therefore immune to Endeavor. Of course, if Aron uses an Endeavor on another Mummified Pokemon, this could happen - but for this problem, that doesn't apply.
A Spiritomb taking super-effective damage from a Reversal - Anything with Scrappy, e.g. Kangaskhan, can do this.

Scoreboard wrote:
ShinyLucario - 3
DragoBoy - 2
Shuckle-rock$ - 1
Mektar - 1

Tyranitar, Empoleon, Stunfisk, and Shedinja.
What do all these Pokemon have in common?

Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

They are all dual types, but aren't they all unique as well?

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:18 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I think Dare234 just hit the nail on the head. They all have unique typings.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

They all have 'n's in their names. Theyre all fully evolved pokemon. Stunfisk cant evolve, but has no pre-evolution form. Empoleon is the fully evolved form of piplup. Shedinjask evolves from Ninjask, but doesnt evolve into anything else. Tyranitar evolves from Pupitar, which evolves from Larvitar. There. I know I'm not wrong. I hope. *Walks away LIKE A BOSS*

Goodbye
"

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:48 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Mektar wrote:
I think Dare234 just hit the nail on the head. They all have unique typings.

Exactly! To date, those four all have type combinations shared by no one.

Quote:
Dare234 - 3
ShinyLucario - 3
DragoBoy - 2
Shuckle-rock$ - 1
Mektar - 1

Name all the Pokemon that have abilities who, when they enter play, will change the current weather condition in play. (This doesn't count abilities like Cloud Nine, since that doesn't change the weather.)

Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Politoed, Ninetales, Tyranitar, Hippowdon, and Abomasnow (is it spelled right, and will it count off if it is?)

Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I wasnt right? :censored: !
Yep. S-r got it. Politoed, Ninetales, Hippodown, Tyranitar, Abomasnow. D*****!

P. S.: I have a question that you could use. Do you want me to PM it to you?

Goodbye
"

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You both missed a couple.

Ninetales, Tyranitar, Politoed, Abomasnow, Hippotas, Hippowdon, Groudon, Kyogre.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:34 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Ninetales, Politoed, Snover, Abomasnow, Hippopotas, Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Groudon, Kyogre.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wonderful, I walk in and find that two rounds that are basically free points have came and went. *walks out with head hanging low*
Regardless I'm still happy for getting the "Situation that can't happen" round right :P
But you know what's really creepy? I knew all those explanations (...except Scrappy) by heart. Seriously, I need a life.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Forgetting vulpix are we?

Vulpix, Ninetales, Tyranitar, Politoed, Snover, Abomasnow, Hippotas, Hippowdon, Groudon, Kyogre.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Aw shoot I didn't think of those. I only thought of the ones in OU. Oh well...

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:25 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Yep, you all forgot Vulpix =P

Drought:
Vulpix
Ninetales
Groudon

Drizzle:
Politoed
Kyogre

Sand Stream:
Tyranitar
Hippopotas
Hippowdon

Snow Warning:
Snover
Abomasnow

Quote:
DragoBoy - 5
Dare234 - 3
ShinyLucario - 3
Shuckle-rock$ - 1
Mektar - 1

Here's an interestingly fiendish question.

I'm sure that you are all well aware that, when a Pokemon evolves, its base stats increase by a certain margin. (There are some exceptions in which it might decrease - usually it's Speed.) However, there is one particular Pokemon that, when it evolves, its Speed stat jumps ENORMOUSLY.

Who is it?

Hint: Although it helps to know base stats for this question, you don't need to know them to figure this out. Think of Pokemon who are really fast...but think of ALL of them, not just the one you recognize, and think of which one has the biggest Speed jump!

EDIT: It's come to my attention that there are TWO correct answers to this question. Therefore, I'll be fair, and give 3 points to the first person to name either one. (So a possible total of 6 points can be netted from this question.)

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So two answers.
Ninjask is definitely one of them. It gains over 100 base speed on evolving, not exactly sure how much.
The second one is a bit harder. I'll go with Accelgor. It gains a lot of speed on evolving, I just hope it's as much as Ninjask.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

120, actually.

This question was way too easy.

Quote:
DragoBoy - 8
Dare234 - 3
ShinyLucario - 3
Shuckle-rock$ - 1
Mektar - 1

All right, I'm going to kick it up a notch.

There are actually a few other Pokemon that, upon evolving, gain more than 100 in one of their base stats. How many of those Pokemon are there? and please name them.

(I might give a hint later on in this question if there are too many wrong answers.)

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:09 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Umm... let's see here... Vigoroth, Magikarp, Feebas, Kirlia (gets more attack powere when it becomes Gallade?), Eevee, and Tyrouge are all the ones I can think of at the moment.

Mektar out.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, Mektar answered every single one I could think of, but maybe Pupitar, Shelgon, and Riolu? Those are the only things I can think of. Pupitar and Shelgon get bigger Atk stats, and Riolu gets a decent SpAtk boost.

Let's hope DragoBoy doesn't sweep this game like he did mine. XD

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

He already is.
Hmmm... Quilava when it evolves into Typhlosion, Shelgor :arrow: Accelgor, Sneasel :arrow: Weavile, and... Thats all I cab think of... No, it isnt. Crackpot guess (again): Blissey :arrow: Chansey. Eevee :arrow: eeveelution like Jolteon or Vaporeon.

Goodbye
"

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:37 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Well, I'm not counting the ones from last question since they've already been stated (that is, I don't require you to name Nincada or Shelmet for this question). However, I think it's appropriate to give a hint now.

There's only 2 other Pokemon that gain a stat boost of more than 100 upon evolving. 1 of them has been named already; the other has not.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm going out on a limb here and say it's Trapinch. I'm not sure Vibrava have over 100 Speed but it's the only "polar-opposite pre-evo" I can think of. *crosses fingers that I'm right and someone doesn't post a second before me*

DragoBoy wrote:
Forgetting vulpix are we?

*facepalm*
And I was like "How could these people forget Hippopotas and Snover?"

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:48 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Derp it is two. Stupid reason for thinking it was four.

I think I'll play. Happiny and Magikarp.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:21 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

^yup

Magikarp jumps by 115 Attack (iirc), and Happiny jumps by 150 HP. (The one named correctly before was Magikarp, named by Mektar. So I'll give him 1 point.)

Quote:
DragoBoy - 8
Cherrygrove - 3
Dare234 - 3
ShinyLucario - 3
Mektar - 2
Shuckle-rock$ - 1

As you guys know, there are 17 types. Well, of those types, how many of them do NOT have ANY Pokemon immune to them via type combinations and abilities? And please name them.

e.g. say you are using an offensive move of the given type. Let's say Return, which is Normal-type. However, any Ghost-type is immune to Return. Therefore, Normal-type is not a correct answer.

Want a hint? Start naming off the 17 types in your head (write them down if you need to). Then, start scratching off every type you know that has an immunity by a type OR an ability until you have narrowed it down to the correct list.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next