It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Werewolf 23 - Trust Issues - N5 Ends October 4th 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

@Argo

Just to be clear, are you voting for CK because you think she is scum or because of your concerns with the "tanner-llike role"?

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Cherrygrove wrote:
@Argo

Just to be clear, are you voting for CK because you think she is scum or because of your concerns with the "tanner-llike role"?

Either-or, really. I'm very suspicious of her role, it just seems too powerful to be a real jester/tanner role. For this reason I think she might be scum. Even if she's not scum, she's not really capable of doing anything except dying, with makes me think she'll be the only winner if the wolves kill her.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MY ARGUMENTS!

1. I wasn't certain of what a tanner-like role was, so I looked it up! And I couldn't find anything on it, so argh. Probably something along the lines of, "If you kill/harm/take action against this person, it will benefit them more than you"?

2. There's just as many other things that I think could be happening here. How do I know that, since you were pointed as as a possibility for scum/wold/I forgot, aren't actually one that's trying to divert attention to someone that would lose in this particular situation?
After all, you guys know that if I die at night, I win. If I die at day, I lose. So, if you're a wolf/scum/thing, it would be best if I were to lose. Lynching or else marking is the only way I can die by day, and it's already been pointed out at how long it would take for DNA to mark-merk me to death or whatnot. And then again, that might happen at night too? Not sure.

3. Ran out of ideas and need to do my homework soon, so I think I'll just threaten to ship you with Wailord or something ridiculous because I'm bored.

*Seems legit*

OH AND-
4. HW won't play my music, Dialga-darn-it.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

FORGET ALL OF THIS RED STUFF. LOOK WHAT I FOUND WHILE WRITING THIS POST:
viewtopic.php?p=502190#p502190

QUOTE FOR THE LAZY:
Haunted Water wrote:
CuteKirlia wrote:
I like my music

I'm already regretting making this role

Hey, guys. I was skimming through the thread and found this:
HW, during the Day 2 Mid-day update wrote:
Progress was being made, until a shipper girl turned on some **** music.

I really don't think he'd say that and have interacted with CK the way he has if this were all fake. So I'm assuming that she got stuck with the troll role and that everything in CK's rolepost is true.
More examples I found while constructing the next bit of this post:
viewtopic.php?p=502603#p502603

Argonaut457 wrote:
the wolves lose for killing the tanner in most other games.

There is nothing in her role card to suggest this.

Argonaut457 wrote:
"Be killed by a night ability"? Something only the wolves can do?

Several non-wolves have been shown to have the ability to kill so far.

Argonaut457 wrote:
So you're saying that the only way for you too win is to lose.

Based on what I've seen in the role cards of the dead, dying isn't the same as losing. Check out Mektar's, JsXtm's, and James86134's WinCons. None of them has survival listed as a condition for their winning.

Can we take CK off the chopping block yet again?

We still haven't cleared Argo. He says he's being buried under a mountain of homework, but he magically appears to blameshift without giving any info on his role, like most people have done so far. I'm not saying he doesn't make valid points, though. I agree with him on most of what he said.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay, since editing is bad, I'm just going to point out in this post that
Different55 wrote:
More examples I found while constructing the next bit of this post:
viewtopic.php?p=502603#p502603

this link is broken and takes you to the previous page. Go the next page; it's the first post on it.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Unvote: CuteKirlia

Her counter argument didn't really give me any info that lessen my suspicion, but Different's counter argument for her did.

As for that finger he also pointed at me, you need to cut your nails, good sir.

Seriously though, I really am buried. I only "magically appear to blameshift" because I only really take the time to respond when I think I'm onto something. Otherwise, I'm studying. It seems like both of my theories were accurately shot down, though. Now I'm not sure what to think.

As for my role, I don't really have any abilities that stick out. Just stuff we've seen other people have had. It takes a few extra marks to off me. I'll tell you that much. Everything else I'd like to keep close for now, but rest assured if it's needed I'll speak up.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Works for me.

Do we actually know anything about ChillBill? Who haven't we "cleared"?

BTW, I can't remember if I said anything in here before, but I'm having jaw surgery the 15th. I'm going to be hopped up on painkillers and completely unable to werewolf for at least 2 days. I don't know how sane I'll be after that.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Different55 wrote:
BTW, I can't remember if I said anything in here before, but I'm having jaw surgery the 15th. I'm going to be hopped up on painkillers and completely unable to werewolf for at least 2 days. I don't know how sane I'll be after that.

I'm sorry; I couldn't resist

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Pretty much. I actually am getting my wisdom teeth out at the same time.

Argonaut457 wrote:
As for my role, I don't really have any abilities that stick out. Just stuff we've seen other people have had.

On second thought, this is a bit concerning.

Quote:
Everything else I'd like to keep close for now, but rest assured if it's needed I'll speak up.

This is reassuring, though.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If you're getting all four taken out, try four or five days

Goodbye
"

Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

;_: wellthen, I guess I'll be out for at least 4-5 days

Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So CK is out, thanks Different. :P And well, wisdom teeth, I have the four of them growing right now. :/

And DNA, I still want to keel you. 3: Yes, you usually write long posts, but when you complain you usually don't bother, like when you stated that you would leave pokemon because it was not good anymore or something. And I also remember a WW when you destroyed the scum team in 3 turns. But now it seems that you never create any bandwagon to kill anyone. Of course, it's maybe that you have no clue, but it's not like you.

Of course, I can't kill you by my own, I'll have to wait until everyone hates you.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, anybody got any information to go on?

Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Only the mutual agreement that I suck at making arguments. Isn't most everyone here "cleared" now, or is that another mistake?

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

List of people left alive, along with my opinions of them and information I've collected while re-reading the thread after DNA's revelation a while ago:

1. lolDNA - "cleared", but helping the town so much would be a perfect disguise. Has a role that allows him to mark people, which doesn't sit well with me, although he's agreed to keep it to himself. Has other, non-"static" abilities.
3. GP - not sure. Can give marks, which, like DNA, doesn't sit well with me. Reference link. GP, if you could not mark people, that'd be great.
5. Different55 - ""cleared"". People generally seem to think that I'm non-scum, I've said I'm non-scum, and I speak as if I were non-scum.
6. CB - not sure
7. CG - not sure
11. DREAD LORD FLETCHLING - Personally, I think he's harmless. According to him, he needs the birdseed kept with him to win, and HW has entered the conversation to say that the birdseed is way underpowered. Might be scum, but holding birdseed as a wincon doesn't seem very scummy. Tried to find a reference post, but failed. It was early in the thread, maybe from page 5-10.
14. Argonaut - ""cleared"". Basically just says he's not scum and that he'll tell us about his abilities if the need arises, which I can understand. Reference link
15. twist - "cleared" - gave a valid-sounding role. Either he was telling the truth or he put a lot of thought into his own fake role. Reference link
16. CK - cleared. Her role as given by HW was confirmed to be true so early in the game that we had forgotten. Reference link

Hey, since we have 2 people who can hand out marks, we could potentially fulfill CK's wincon in just 2 days. I'm not sure we're willing to let her vote go, yet, but that means that we don't have to rely on werewolves to kill her in order for her to win, assuming the game doesn't end immediately as soon as all the wolves are dead. Although, if it didn't end then, then when would it? When everyone who has a satisfiable wincon wins?

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmm. But then, what happens if I die, then?

Though, I'm not very good at playing this, I admit. Wouldn't probably be harmful if I were to die at this point, so *shrugs*. Fulfilling our WINCONs seems like a good idea to thwart them. I think.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You clear people way too easily. Unless you have a seering power, I think you;re rushing it. Giving a valid role isn't something that clears someone. Speaking like you're not scum also doesn't clear you-everyone talks like non-scum, otherwise the game would end in three real-life days.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

^ The only people on D55's list I would agree are cleared are CK and Fletchling.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:30 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I put double quotes and double double quotes around some of the cleareds on that list for a reason.

The reason twisted only has one set of double quotes is because his role sounds similar to CK's in that their roles are famous, franchiseless, and humorous. They both poke fun at the original in flavorful ways that translate into the game. CK gets seen as scum because s/he beat up Rihanna, and TT takes 2 extra hits to kill because of his shrieking.

I don't have any seer abilities, but I can block one person from using abilities. But if that person is attacked, I take the hit. I don't know if I also absorb non-damaging abilities. HW, could you PM with that information? Or post it here. If you could post it here that'd be perfect. :P

Is that enough to remove one set of double quotes from my name or am I still ""cleared""?

@CB I understand that we all at least attempt to speak as if we were not scum, but so far I'm the only one who's had it commented on by someone (Cherrygrove?) so I made a note of that. I still realize that it's incredibly flimsy, so I slapped two sets of double quotes on it to show that.

@CK concentrating on fulfilling our wincons would be nice, but a lot of people have survival as their wincon. Eliminating all but those people would leave the survivalists at a disadvantage, as they would then have to fend off wolves by themselves.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

*back from the weekend, rolls into the thread*

First thing I can see is that GP reeeeeeeeeally hates me for whatever reason, and those reasons seem to be personal and have nothing to do with the game itself. I'll just...leave that alone, I guess.

GhostPony750 wrote:
But now it seems that you never create any bandwagon to kill anyone. Of course, it's maybe that you have no clue, but it's not like you.

I actually have a history of making wrong guesses in Werewolf games. This is why I'm always extremely wary of whenever I say anything.
For example, I'm actually moderately suspicious of Different55 right now, because 1) he's let slip that he's part of a team (had no idea what Self meant) and thus could be scum, and 2) as was seen a little while ago, he is rather anxious to rank people on various levels of 'cleared', as if wanting the rest of us to target those people he sees as unsure.

But I'm not going to vote for him right now because I could very well be dead wrong and lynching him would be a huge mistake.

CuteKirlia wrote:
Only the mutual agreement that I suck at making arguments. Isn't most everyone here "cleared" now, or is that another mistake?

The only one who's come even close to that is you (discounting the possibility that your revealed role is a lie). TT and Fletchling are close behind that, more so Fletchling, because everything he has said about his role so far seems to add up and is somewhat verifiable.
Thus I'm not really going to comment on D55's "cleared" list.

Different55 wrote:
Hey, since we have 2 people who can hand out marks, we could potentially fulfill CK's wincon in just 2 days. I'm not sure we're willing to let her vote go, yet, but that means that we don't have to rely on werewolves to kill her in order for her to win, assuming the game doesn't end immediately as soon as all the wolves are dead. Although, if it didn't end then, then when would it? When everyone who has a satisfiable wincon wins?

What's more important here - having a vote that affects a lynch, or having every mark-making player cooperate to mark CK and fulfill her wincon?
CK lost the moment she revealed her role. There is no way that scum would NK her, and there are much better ideas to use marking for than trying to pander specifically to 1 individual - such as marking TT and/or Argo to see if they're telling the truth about their static abilities, though that wouldn't really prove anything other than, hey, marking won't work. On top of which, we've gotten to the point where we have (by mutual agreement) essentially abolished marking. Thus, even with that, CK wouldn't be able to convince anyone.
No, the only thing she's good for now is a lynch vote. She won't be able to win. On top of that, scum teams usually win when they outnumber everyone else; marking CK to death just makes it that much easier for them. There's also no guarantee that CK fulfilling her wincon ends the game either. And given our small number (there's only 9 of us left), that would be a horrible idea.

tl;dr version:
~CK can't win
~She should be left alive as a lynch voter
~No one save CK and maybe Fletchling is really 'cleared'
~There's only 9 of us left and 2 of those are scum so unless we nail 1 of them soon we're basically screwed
~I think D55 might be scum but my lynch guesses are usually wrong

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DNA wrote:
First thing I can see is that GP reeeeeeeeeally hates me for whatever reason, and those reasons seem to be personal and have nothing to do with the game itself. I'll just...leave that alone, I guess.

I'm not sure that it's personal, but if he's telling the truth about how you complain then he might have a point.

DNA wrote:
he's let slip that he's part of a team (had no idea what Self meant and thought it meant Scum (if his posts are to be trusted as a valid representation of his thoughts))

FTFY. If I was scum then that post wouldn't exist unless I am smart scum. This is only my second werewolf game, and in the first I was lynched day 2 for behaving weirdly.
Also, I said I wasn't aware of any team.

DNA wrote:
as was seen a little while ago, he is rather anxious to rank people on various levels of 'cleared', as if wanting the rest of us to target those people he sees as unsure.

"Anxious" seems a bit of an overstatement. Like I said at the top of the list and in my last post, that list is all my opinion. I was *mostly* doing it for myself (I'll speak about the other reason in a moment) so I don't have to keep wasting my time going through the thread to refresh my memory on what I know/feel about people. I don't particularly want to target anyone at the moment. I want to find out what anybody knows about the people I'm not sure about, and I want to know what everyone else thinks.

Right now, I have no idea who we should lynch, but I don't want to lynch Fletchling or CK because, in my opinion, they are cleared. With no "s. Well, Fletchling might have single quotes around his cleared, but that's my own personal opinion.

Since my list-making didn't catch on like my foolish, late-night self thought it would: I encourage you all to make and share your own lists of who you perceive as a threat. I hope that will spark conversation, and the more conversation we get going, the better. It's more likely that someone will let something slip and we'll get more information and ideas flowing in general.

I'm really not loving your pessimism towards CK here and I don't understand it at all.

DNA wrote:
What's more important here - having a vote that affects a lynch, or having every mark-making player cooperate to mark CK and fulfill her wincon?

At this exact moment, we need her vote. Later, during the end game, if/when we can handle things by ourselves, we should let her go if she hasn't already left us.

DNA wrote:
CK lost the moment she revealed her role. There is no way that scum would NK her, and there are much better ideas to use marking for than trying to pander specifically to 1 individual

How did she lose? I'm assuming the scum's wincons are going to be like torchie's: "Eliminate all threats". The wolves night killing CK wouldn't get in the way of their goal. Because of this, it'd be a nice gesture on the part of the scum team if they'd kill CK.
But if the scum team is deciding to not be nice people, then they might decide to let her lose. In that case, you and GP can still mark her. Right now, you (maybe GP) are sitting around letting your ability waste away. Is that a "much better" use of marking?
Heck, even assuming the wolf team wins, whether that's by killing everyone or eliminating all threats, CK could still win. From my viewpoint, CK winning is the second closest thing we have to a guarantee in this game (first is CK's role itself), which is why I really don't understand your pessimism.

DNA wrote:
- such as marking TT and/or Argo to see if they're telling the truth about their static abilities, though that wouldn't really prove anything other than, hey, marking won't work.

They said it takes extra marks to kill them, not that marking won't work. Do the extra marks even show up during the reports? And what are static abilities?

DNA wrote:
On top of which, we've gotten to the point where we have (by mutual agreement) essentially abolished marking. Thus, even with that, CK wouldn't be able to convince anyone.

I just asked for you two to not mark people because you admitted early in the game that you were going in blind. Not sure what GP's doing with his ability. Having random marks handed out to random people won't end well and just makes it easier for the scum to finish off the players you've weakened. But if CK asked for it so she could win, of course you shouldn't hold back, assuming we're ready to let go of her.

DNA wrote:
No, the only thing she's good for now is a lynch vote. She won't be able to win.

Agree with the first, disagree strongly with the last.

DNA wrote:
On top of that, scum teams usually win when they outnumber everyone else; marking CK to death just makes it that much easier for them.

I refrained from mentioning this earlier in the hope that the scum would somehow not realize this and would just be nice people.
Anyway, if we're marking CK to death, it's because the threat of them outnumbering us is gone and we don't need her vote, either.

DNA wrote:
There's also no guarantee that CK fulfilling her wincon ends the game either.

No idea what's going on here. Are you talking about earlier when I was asking about when the game actually ends? I was thinking ahead of the game, there. At the end of the game, if CK as well as a marker is still alive, then CK could still potentially win if the game didn't end the second all scum were killed. That's why I thought it'd be nice if, instead, the game ended when all people with satisfiable wincons won.

Quote:
tl;dr version:
~CK can't win Yes she can. She totally can.
~She should be left alive as a lynch voter Agreed, for now.
~No one save CK and maybe Fletchling is really 'cleared' Agreed, for now.
~There's only 9 of us left and 2 of those are scum so unless we nail 1 of them soon we're basically screwed Then let's find us some scum. Let's interrogate people. We only have until tomorrow to figure something out.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

O.O

I suddenly have importance. Whether I win or not is currently debatable, but for now, we should just focus on the scum. Alright, looking over that list, who do we have as possibilities? . . . well, pretty much anyone but me and maybe Fletch. Hmmm.

I get the distinct feeling that Twist isn't a scum, from how he's talked of his role. Anyone else, for now, I'm not certain.

Mostly posting at the moment to affirm that for now, I'd rather be kept alive so I can affect the game. Later on, once things get hopeful/desperate, I'd be perfectly game to try the marking-thing and see what comes of it, assuming the wolves haven't killed me off. Time to try and sleep off my headache, so hopefully when I come back, someone's got more ideas than I do at the moment.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Despite having the troll role, you're incredibly important just because you're the only person confirmed to not be scum, and killing you isn't the death sentence it is for most of the people here.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Well the day is just about over and there are no votes. I guess everyone is hesitant to vote because there is no solid evidence and often the first guy who places a vote without a good reason gets reverse-targeted and nobody wants to end up in that situation. But we need a lynch so I'll just go ahead and do it. I'm just voting for someone who is not clear by any means and someone who I suspect the other voters would have no problem voting for in order to complete the lynch.

Vote: ChillBill

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I guess we don't really have anything better to go on at the moment, and we can't allow a day to go by with the wolves getting a free kill, although on the other hand we could just be handing them an extra one. On the other other hand, we're not going to improve our situation by waiting around for the wolves to pick us off.

VOTE: ChillBill

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next