It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Werewolf 23 - Trust Issues - N5 Ends October 4th 
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Hi guys, did I miss anything important?
A week-long extension to the day?
...No?
I didn't think so either.

All right, so after being drowned all of Wednesday with stuff, let's see what we've got.

[quote=CuteKirlia]After all, DNA has offered to help out using his marking-skill-thingie against the wolves, and he has been one of the more contributing people here.[/quote]
I did? When did I say that? I'm pretty sure I said it would be much faster to just lynch them.

[quote=Different55]Do you guys want to get shipped? Because this is how you get shipped.[/quote]

And we'll never see her again.

[quote=Argonaut457]DNA... I'm still not sure about. He's backed off a bit once I pointed out that he was dominating the thread, which could be him simply not having much to say, or it could be him trying to lay low. But at this point, honestly, he's helped the town out quite a lot. Maybe the wolves are keeping him around because he's a very easy person to turn the town against? Or maybe this is just the smartest he's ever played as a wolf. [/quote]
I'm pretty sure it's because I myself have very little to say. I do have a bad habit of trying to lead discussions because I'm wordy. I admit that is a problem. I'm trying to curb my wordiness, now more so than ever when a mislynch basically means that we lose.
I can't really speak as to those last two sentences because my word would mean very little in that regard, but I leave it to the rest of you to decide that.

... ...
I shall leave my vote on Different55 for the time being, due to my aforementioned reasons. If something a bit more damning happens to come up, I may change my vote based on that. I am also somewhat wary of Cherrygrove, due to wanting to lynch ChillBill, who up until that point we all agreed was, most likely, not a scum player. So right now (at least to me) it is a toss-up between those two.

More than anything else, I want to make sure that the right person gets lynched today. Because, this late in the game, we can't afford a mislynch. At this point, a no lynch is safer than a mislynch because it slows the game down.

(*Explanation: There are currently 9 players left, 2 of which are scum. If we no-lynch today, we get the scum NK, so the scum/everyone-else ratio is 2:6, but if we mislynch and hit a non-scum, it's 2:5.
That is to say, I'm not advocating no-lynch, but if it comes to the point where we are too uncertain, a no-lynch is better than a shot in the dark.)

[quote=Argonaut457]If we can't get enough votes to lynch, they'll stand 4:1[/quote]
3:1, actually, but you basically have the right idea.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:01 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

...dammit Psypoke using quote tags differently than every forum ever
Why are you the only place where I have to put quotes around people's names?

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:02 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Argonaut457 wrote:
Sorry, I've been under-the-weather the past few days, with headaches so bad, staring at a screen was the last thing I was planning on doing.

Aw, that sucks.

Argo wrote:
However, ChillBill hasn't been too active, so it's not too weird or random to vote agaisnt him. In fact, his only defense agaisnt the seemlying random accusations was simply to say he wasn't a wolf, and then to agree with his own lynch. This make me a bit wary... I'm not sure why. I just feel as though that might be a last-ditch attempt to look innocent... though that might be him trying to sincerely let people know he's innocent.

Yeah, that is pretty weird, but without a resident mind reader, we don't have any real idea what it means, just that it's unusual.

Argo wrote:
DNA... I'm still not sure about. He's backed off a bit once I pointed out that he was dominating the thread, which could be him simply not having much to say, or it could be him trying to lay low. But at this point, honestly, he's helped the town out quite a lot. Maybe the wolves are keeping him around because he's a very easy person to turn the town against? Or maybe this is just the smartest he's ever played as a wolf.

Could be any of those you mentioned, although laying low seems the most likely.

I feel like I've been running the thread (or at least trying to un-ded it) a bit since DNA backed off.

DNA wrote:
I'm trying to curb my wordiness, now more so than ever when a mislynch basically means that we lose.

The thing is, we probably can't take the chance of not lynching someone. Let's say we go no lynch tonight. Why did we no lynch? Because we didn't have enough information, right? So what's going to keep us from no lynching again the next night? No new information is going to surface until one more wolf is dead, because then the not scum have no reason to hide any information they might have. Once we kill 1 wolf, information will hopefully surface and we can track down and kill the last one.

DNA wrote:
... ...
I shall leave my vote on Different55 for the time being, due to my aforementioned reasons.

reason*
You only gave one. This one:
DNA wrote:
You, on the other hand, are not remaining consistent. You're now encouraging marking for what seems like a really silly reason. But if you want CK's vote more than you want her wincon, why even bring it up?

Which I've explained repeatedly. Not sure what more you want of me or why you still suspect me. As I've said, if it looks like I'm about to go down, I'll spill my role.

DNA wrote:
More than anything else, I want to make sure that the right person gets lynched today. Because, this late in the game, we can't afford a mislynch. At this point, a no lynch is safer than a mislynch because it slows the game down.

Semivalid point, but that's delaying the inevitable, and I don't like that. If we let ourselves fall into the trap of thinking that it's okay to no lynch if we have no information, then we're going to keep no-lynching. We can afford to no lynch once before we're worse off than if we had lynched and missed.

AND THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT SO I'M GOING TO REPEAT IT AGAIN:
Do wolves mark? Or do they kill outright?
If they just mark, then anyone with information (who doesn't have a lot of marks) is safe to come out right now. If there's enough information in the not-scum of the game to locate both wolves, we win.
If they kill, we need to kill one wolf before information-holding people can come out safely.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Different55 wrote:
AND THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT SO I'M GOING TO REPEAT IT AGAIN:
Do wolves mark? Or do they kill outright?

...wait, you seriously haven't noticed? Haven't we gone over this?
They kill outright.

Credence:
Mektar was the first one to be killed and he needs 6 marks to kill. The scum would need a role that gives 6 marks at once and that's highly unlikely.

Proof:
SanguinaryScientist's role specifically mentions that the scum have a night kill. They do not mark to kill people.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DNA wrote:
What I wanted to say, but wasn't sure if I should.

At least one is definitely able to outright kill.

Also, s-ship me, DNA-baka! I wholeheartedly support it!
As long as I get shipped with YOU.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was away yesterday, went to enlist as a university student.
I really want to say something more in my defense, but I can't. I've already told you what my role does, and due to lack of any seering-ish skills I don't have anything but ideas.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ChillBill wrote:
I've already told you what my role does

You just said that you have the worst role and oddly accepted your fate prematurely.

ChillBill wrote:
Cherrygrove wrote:
I'm just voting for someone who is not clear by any means and someone who I suspect the other voters would have no problem voting for in order to complete the lynch.

Damn, I'm so hated.
Well, I'm not scum. However, if you so much wanna lynch someone, I have to agree I'm a pretty good mislynch, as my abilities literally suck. I probably have the worst role in the game. A scum lynch would have been better, but I guess you guys aren't very much willing to unvote me.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

CuteKirlia wrote:
Also, s-ship me, DNA-baka! I wholeheartedly support it!
As long as I get shipped with YOU.

All in favor of getting rid of her as soon as this game is over, please o/.

o/

Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I thought I mentioned somewhere that my role is Troll item immunity? Must have slipped my mind.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

o/

Now away with this filthy peasant

Goodbye
"

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:26 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

SorcererCK has arrived at an impasse.

Am I doing it right?

Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cherrygrove wrote:

Am I doing it right?

. . . whoa, wait here. Is this another "kick the shipper's butt" comment/joke/thing which I happen to not understand, or are you activating an ability? Because, I remember asking if I was doing it right when I was activating ability - AKA, the music Samurott won't play anymore. If it is an ability, would be nice to know about it. If. Dunno if it is, but you know. Have to ask, just in case.

OR WAIT, do you have the trollball and thus have to speak funny? And so, have to ask if you're doing it right?

#Exploringtheoriesoutofboredom

Anyway. CherryBill is totally shippable too.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ChillBill wrote:
I thought I mentioned somewhere that my role is Troll item immunity? Must have slipped my mind.

Okay, I tried posting this 5 times from my phone yesterday, and it never worked. Now that I'm back on a PC, I'm going to try again.

From JsXtm's role, we know there are two TLoU-type zombies in this game. It's likely that they're scum. It wouldn't be unreasonable to think that being mindless makes them immune to trolling.

I'm not saying that you're a zombie, or scum, I'm saying that you chose the wrong piece of information to throw out here. It doesn't even ""clear"" you in my book.

We need to get a lynch in today, and if not today, then the next day. If we don't we're just as screwed as if we'd lynched an innocent. I'm sticking with ChillBill because he's one of the biggest unknowns in the game.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

My attempts to have a social life this weekend have been thwarted, so now I'm back here. Let's see what's new.

Cherrygrove wrote:

Am I doing it right?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
nice one

Different55 wrote:
We need to get a lynch in today, and if not today, then the next day. If we don't we're just as screwed as if we'd lynched an innocent. I'm sticking with ChillBill because he's one of the biggest unknowns in the game.

As silly as this may sound (at least to me), I think our lynch attempt for today should be the one that we, as a group, all find the most suspicious.
If 3+ people find the same person to be suspicious or sketchy in some way, that would probably be the safest bet for a lynch than shooting blindly. (I say 3+ because there's only 2 scum left so this prevents scum from really taking over, plus going off on just 2 people's word alone isn't all that smart.)

I'll start.
The people I find most suspicious are Cherrygrove and Different55. I've thought of GP and Argo as well, but both of those seem shaky in my head so I'm not willing to vote for either of them yet. ChillBill I still don't think he's scum, though.

Okay, let's go around the circle. Let's all say who we think is suspicious to us, and the one who has the most 'votes' (in quotes because there's no actual voting yet) we'll all go for to lynch.

**Note: Feel free to dismiss this idea. I just bring this up because we don't really have any solid seer-like information, and if we're going to lynch someone, we can't do this blindly. If any of you have a better idea, please be my guest.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DNA wrote:
My attempts to have a social life this weekend have been thwarted, so now I'm back here. Let's see what's new.

Cherrygrove wrote:

Am I doing it right?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
nice one

Different55 wrote:

As silly as this may sound (at least to me), I think our lynch attempt for today should be the one that we, as a group, all find the most suspicious.
If 3+ people find the same person to be suspicious or sketchy in some way, that would probably be the safest bet for a lynch than shooting blindly. (I say 3+ because there's only 2 scum left so this prevents scum from really taking over, plus going off on just 2 people's word alone isn't all that smart.)

I'll start.
The people I find most suspicious are Cherrygrove and Different55. I've thought of GP and Argo as well, but both of those seem shaky in my head so I'm not willing to vote for either of them yet. ChillBill I still don't think he's scum, though.

Okay, let's go around the circle. Let's all say who we think is suspicious to us, and the one who has the most 'votes' (in quotes because there's no actual voting yet) we'll all go for to lynch.

**Note: Feel free to dismiss this idea. I just bring this up because we don't really have any solid seer-like information, and if we're going to lynch someone, we can't do this blindly. If any of you have a better idea, please be my guest.

A few days ago you thought I was innocent, now you're ready to put me up for lynching. I'm explained my motives in an attempt to dispel any appearances of "inconsistency", which is still the only reason you've cited for suspecting me. I'm not sure what more you want from me.

ChillBill is one of the largest unknowns in the game, but, like GP earlier in the game, you appear absolutely confident in his not-scumminess.

I don't know who I'm most suspicious of over the whole game. I'm probably going to reread the whole thread and decide. At this exact moment, I'm fairly suspicious of DNA for retaining suspicion in me after I countered his claims without having any counter-counter as well for making claims of innocence on behalf of one of the largest unknowns in the game for the second time. There's also the point that GP brought up (DNA's complaints are almost always short and sweet. A few sentences at most. His huge rant at werewolf games was anything but that.) that, if true, could be significant.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, so I was quite busy, so I didn't post, but I readed most of the stuff rite now...

So while I like DNA's idea, I gotta keel eem. There's also Cherrygrove who completly passed under my radar, and I just realized. I'm going to read the stuff back. And I doubt Different is scum, but Chillbill I'm not sure...

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

After reviewing the thread, I choose

DNA
ChillBill
and slightly Argo.

Although I would love some role info from Cherrygrove. He's the one person who we have 0 alleged role information(s) about.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

*rolls in*

I know the day is technically over at this point, so I don't think I'm permitted to say much, but I'd like to apologize for not logging in yesterday. I was tossed about by my family this way and that to do errands and such, and between that and getting ready for a few other things, I totally forgot about Werewolf until this morning.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So... are we going to let this borrowed time go to waste?

Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Game freeze bitches
Also, I believe MYLO is upon you guys

Goodbye
"

Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

When's the night end? Nights aren't as long as days, are they?

Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

night begins now and ends in three days.

Goodbye
"

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

waitwut

you mean night didn't begin a week ago?

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

He means the night ends in 10 days because he can never be arsed to actually run this game.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I threaten to ship DNAunted Water.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next