It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Thelegendary123's Guide to PWNING YOUR BUDDIES 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

AAAAAAAnd...ACTION! This is The TL channel, and today I'm going to run throughhow to destroy your numerous Pokemon Buddies with a single fowl swoop. This guide is going to run through the numerous tactics, and, for one time only, give you a blast from the past with an extremely old tactic.

THE FIRST BIT
The first bit is to get a decent squad. I (and any other battlers) would be shocked to be pwned by LVL 1s, and would instantly react by Shouting, even screaming, the word "HAXORZ" into that guy's face, and possibly ear too. :twisted:. Anyway, when you have a squad of 70s to 100s, that is an ideal time to move onto...

THE SECOND BIT
The second bit is to make sure you get an awe-inspiring array of stats. Try to include 6 pokemon in your team that have a combination of these stats: SP. Attack:Speed, Attack:Speed, Defence:HP, SP. Defence:HP. That way, you can ensure that if your pokemon get low on HP, you can switch them out for the high HPers and use wonder launcher to heal. TOP TIP: Try to get a pokemon with a high HP:Defence:SP. Defence Stat list or a Pokemon with a high Attack:SP. Attack:Speed Stat list. This'll make your force one to be reckoned with.

THE THIRD BIT
When you get to the battle itself, then you MUST be prepared for every eventuality. If your opponent is a close friend and has let slip about his best squad, go onto the internet and onto a site like Psypoke and check the types, base stats and Possible movesets of each pokemon. GET PREPARED TO THE LETTER. Also, make sure each of your pokemon has a move thats super effective against EVERY pokemon type. (Note: Some Pokemon, like Spiritomb, have no weaknesses, so just use any move that works). And, one last tip: Make sure that your pokemon has something up it's sleeve. You want to secure those bragging rights when coming back from 5 pokemon down to win, so make sure you keep a strong move hidden until you NEED it.

Now then, time for that "Blast from the past" the TL Kinda-Exclusive, Ultimate Tactic. So, get your TARDIS/insert other time machine name here ready for a trip to the first pokemon games EVER,

RED AND BLUE: THE ULTIMATE TACTIC
Try and obtain a team full of Persians with the move slash. Because the critical hit calculation is wildly different on Red and Blue, you can get 99.9 percent chance of a critical hit. only one in about 265 hits will be an ordinary hit. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE OTHER MOVES TO DEAL WITH TYPES SLASH IS WEAK AGAINST!

ANY TACTICS OF YOUR OWN ON PWNING YOUR BUDDIES?
then post below and i will personally donate one whole psybuck to you! You WILL get the psybuk as soon as you post on this thread :lol:
UNTIL NEXT TIME WANNABE MASTERS!
{persian} {persian} {persian} {persian} {persian} {persian}

THELEGENDARY123: Proud Founder and Owner of the TL channel: Commited to bringing you the BEST pokemon banter of All time. PM thelegendary123 for availible positions!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:05 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

As mentioned on your other guide, you need to sort out the grammar and spelling in this one.

You might want to consider talking about the different types of multiplayer games, and how you can use them. For example, you can connect two DS together (you and a friend) and battle, or you can connect up to Wi-fi and play against a whole host of people. With this, you might want to BREIFLY discuss EV training, and the quest for breeding the perfect Pokemon. Many, many, many, many online battlers will breed a Pokemon that they want with near-perfect IVs and a perfect nature to match. Then they will EV train them to make them even stronger. A properly bred and trained Pokemon will destroy the same Pokemon that has been trained just from completing the game. You talk about Attack:Speed and other such combinations; which is good; but you don't really discuss what you mean. All these different combinations have different names (Special Sweeper, Physical Sweeper, etc) and there are some perfect examples of Pokemon that you could have put down (Haxorus, I believe, is quite good on the Attack:Speed front).

I liked the bit about the Persian though. It's sort of like a "Did You Know?" feature.

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:07 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Thelegendary123 wrote:
then post below and i will personally donate one whole psybuck to you! You WILL get the psybuk as soon as you post on this thread

Have you ever heard of the F.E.A.R. tactic? The tactic is to have any level Rattata, even Lv. 1, sweep huge foes, such as a Lv. 100 Arceus. How? Easy! FEAR stands for:

Focus Sash
Endeavor
Attack (Quick)
Rattata

Thus, all you have to do is give a Rattata a Focus Sash, then teach it both Endeavor and a first-priority move, such as Quick Attack. Here's how this words in battling.

Battle starts:
You send out Lv. 1 Rattata
He sends out Lv.100 Mewtwo.

First turn:
Mewtwo uses Psychic.
Rattata holds on with his Focus Sash.
Rattata has 1 HP.
Rattata uses Endeavor .
Mewtwo now has 1 HP.

Second turn:
Rattata uses Quick Attack.
Mewtwo Faints.

Now, there are a few disadvantages. This only works once, and it doesn't work on Ghost-type Pokemon or Pokemon with a higher priority attack. Many other Pokemon can be FEAR Pokemon, but Rattata is the most common. And I don't need any Psybucks, haha. This is just a really fun tactic to use with your friends...it ticks them off so much! Have fun!
{thunflora}
~Pegir

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:48 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I really like that tactic, and it's one ive never heard of before! thanks for the feedback guys, I'm trying to think of a new guide topic, so if you this of any, then PM me

THELEGENDARY123: Proud Founder and Owner of the TL channel: Commited to bringing you the BEST pokemon banter of All time. PM thelegendary123 for availible positions!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pegir...or you could try the much more broken, and multi use tool that is Donphan.

Donphan Lvl 1 @ Shell Bell
Sturdy
- Endeavour
- Ice Shard
- Filler
- Filler

Turn one you hang on with 1 HP thanks to sturdy, you use endeavour and take them down to 1 HP whilst the shell bell refills your health completely bringing sturdy back into play. Turn 2 you Ice Shard, Rinse and Repeat.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I once pwned a F.E.A.R with a Milotice w/ Aqua Ring+Leftovers. P: Anyways, unless your buddies are experienced battlers and breed for IVs and/or EV train, and THEN use Smogon movesets, you probably won't have to. Unless you want to squash them like King Kong and a mini marshmallow. :lol:
Anyway, since my buddies are virtual n00bs, I can just annoy the hell out of them for a slow victory with the likes of FEAR/Shuckle/Gengar or Hypno or Darkrai or Spiritomb or Musharna with Hypnosis/Dark Void+Dream Eater+Nightmare. Serirously, the look on their face is precious. Although I always keep one or two sweepers with me just in case. :lol:
One other tactic I use in Double battles is this-
Send out a pokemon like Weezing and a level one.
Equip Level one Quick Claw.
Level one goes first: Uses Destiny Bond on opponent.
Level 100 uses Explosion/Selfdestruct.
Activate trollface.

Sorry if these have been mentioned before- I didn't read past Pegir. :P EDIT: Oh wait, the person above me gave one very similar used for single battles. Which is why I should read another two or three short posts next time. :roll:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:17 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

@ Mutant_Mewtwo = I was unaware that Ice Shard was a priority attack! That's a great strategy, you think of it yourself?

@ Edoc'sil = There were only 2 small posts between me and you? Haha, laziness at it's best :)
{thunflora}
~Pegir

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Donphan can't be level one, though. >.>
Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
Donphan Lvl 1 @ Shell Bell
Sturdy
- Endeavour
- Ice Shard
- Filler
- Filler
And Donphan learns Ice Shard? If it does I never knew. XD

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The answer is endeavor with the item that always lets you withstand an OHKO with 1 HP left, then use quick attack or extreme speed. Even better if you have a Scrappy-ability pokemon that can do it because it'd hit everything. *huggles scrappy kangaskhan*

Image (by Ender)

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]