It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yeah, that's uncommon, I've actually used a variation of it before to excellent results.

On mine though, I used Rest instead of Body Slam and gave it 252 Spec. Def EV's and 129 HP and Defense EV's. The reason being that when it was asleep, it barely took bad damage.

Yours will be at a little half HP for most of the time, because it will probably break even with Leftovers. If it gets in a spot against a Sweeper though, it doesn't look like Leftovers will do much for it.

I'm sure it will still work though, but I'll wait for a second opinion.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:47 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I like the Snorlax. Test it out, and if it doesn't work (I anticipate a Brick Break or Focus Punch), try removing Body Slam for Rest, like you said, tiger.

Here's a Flareon by me:

{flareon} @ Lefties
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk) | Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd 129 Def 129 Sp. Atk
~Toxic
~Wish/Substitute
~Fire Spin
~Baton Pass

I'm not sure if it's creative, and less sure whether it would be good or not. This set works like an Umbreon; Wish/Sub pass or Fire Spin and pass (something like Mean Look and Pass, just not permanent)

Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sorry it took me a while to post but thank you for testing it.

Image Thanks CF!

99.5 of all Sigs have Stupid Statistics, and the Elite Four can delete all of them.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:38 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Snorlax works but has a pretty short life. That cuts off on Rollout's could-be ownageness. It's just the factor of cutting off half your HP with Belly Drum in the first place. Although, it's good enough to go in as is.

Flareon works too and better than I thought. I used Substitute and BPed out often and that worked perfectly more than once. The reason I didn't use Wish was that I meant it to have just a short time out, like Wailord. Good for the HoF.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:58 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Both have been added to the Hall of Fame, so congratulations JsXtm and, erm, me.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:41 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Allright, sweet! Yeah, the Belly Drum does limit longevity, but it's a great way to get in at least a couple one hit KO's, just thanks to the fact that you're essentially starting at the fourth hit of Rollout instead of the first (Defese Curl 2x times maxed Attack 4x = 8x), and it gets better from there. I like Rollout as the main attack, because nothing is immune to Rock, and so your opponent can't send out anybody that can just sit there and ignore you.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Everyone seems to use Umbreons as supporters. I've found a way to use them as attackers.

Image@Leftovers
Modest nature
-Moonlight, Toxic, HP Dark, Psychic

Image@Leftovers
Admant nature
-Moonlight, Toxic, Shadow Ball, HP Flying

Although Umbeon's attacks aren't to strong w/out type advantage, this still works because nobody sees these moves coming. They always switch out to a Heracross or a Poison type thinking toxic'll be useless and you'll have to switch out. That's when you hit them w/Psychic or HP flying. HP Dark and Shadow ball are so you can kill psychics quickly. Plus, if you can get toxic in, its lack of att/sp att doesn't hinder as much.

Image@Salac berry/Petaya berry
Modest/Timid nature
-Blast Burn, Sunny Day, Endure, (FreeSpace)

Image@Salac berry/Petaya berry
Modest/Timid nature
-Hydro Cannon, Rain Dance, Endure, (FreeSpace)

This moveset is for when you and your opponent have only one pokemon left. Change the weather first for power and to stop hail or sand storm, which could screw up this strategy. Endure the next attack then go on the offensive.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:50 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Okay... first of all, the Charizard and Blastoise have Hyper Beam style moves. Not really good. It'll use the weather move, maybe get knocked out then, and then the power move. You're opponent only needs to survive that attack and they can get you. If they faint anyway, they switch to a more effective choice.

The Umbreon though, I'm pretty sure that it won't survive that long anyway. It'll be slow and extremely vulnerable to attacks. Although no one will see the move coming, they'll prepare as though it's a normal Umbreon and use that with even more effect. I'm doubting it, but I'll test both anyway. :P

Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:30 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Thanks tiger. I do agree with your comments, so test them out if you see fit :D

Anyway, papersun introduced the Criticalken, and here is my CriticApe.

Primeape @ Scope Lens
EVs: 252 Spd 252 Atk 6 HP
Adamant Nature
~Focus Energy
~Earthquake
~Cross Chop
~Rock Slide

I'm unsure about the last move though. With Scope Lens and Focus Energy, as well as Cross Chop's high critical hit ratio, it should be able to get a few Critical Hits in. EQ might not have the same high critical hit ratio, but Focus Energy and Scope Lens should be sufficient. EQ has high power anyway, so it should be able to dish out some major damage.

Last edited by sN0wBaLL on Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:44 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Rest as the last move wouldn't work, because of Primeapes ability, Vital Spirit.

Edit from sN0w: Thanks for pointing that out. Edited the moveset.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As long as you can get Toxic in and have Moonlights left, Umbreon should do just fine.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:44 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

(Primape) Looks good, but I doubt it'll survive too long after a reasonably-defensed special sweeper comes in. I'll test.

Also, I haven't gotten to testing out any yet, so expect the results tomorrow or I'll edit this post later.

I'll keep what you said in mind, daveshan.

Edit:

Umbreons don't work. (Sorry) I predicted the outcome quite right, too. Just I added EV's where necessary.

Primeape on the other hand, is quite good. Although it is quite prone to die suddenly of Special Sweepers though. :P

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:37 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

{metagross} @ Leftovers | Clear Body | Serious Nature
Meteor Mash - Psychic - HP Water - Rest
EVs: 252 HP 129 Sp. Att 129 Sp. Def

Mixed Sweeping Metagross. HP Water covers the two weaknesses, Ground and Fire. Meteor Mash and Psychic get STAB, and Rest is Meta's only means of healing, if lefties isn't enough. The standard moveset is a straight Physical sweeper; I *think* this may be able to survive long enough, especially with it's lots of resistances, to take out a couple of pokes at least.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Looks okay... and I know people don't use a mixed sweeper often; usually agility and physical. I'm not real certain how it'll do, but I don't think it'll survive too long anyway. I'll test.

I also have an idea. Give a small amount of Psybucks (5 or so) to a person who gets a Pokemon in the HoF. That'd attract more people. :P

Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:41 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Are you still carrying out further testing on the other sets by daveshan and the Primeape?

Yeah, I did think of that Psybucks idea actually. I think 5 would be reasonable :P

Note: 5 to 10 Psybucks will now be awarded for each moveset that you get into the Hall of Fame. I will be giving out the Psybucks to members with existing sets in the Hall of Fame shortly. Also, this information can now be viewed in a new section under the Hall of Fame page :D

Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:51 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The Primeape and Umbreons don't need any more extra testing. And for Primeape, it works better as Jolly for the Speed.

Metagross has barely started, so no actual major breakthroughs yet.

And for the Psybucks, you could add something to the topic title mentioning Psybucks for a brief time.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:00 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Yeah I would edit the title later. I'm still giving out the Psybucks now.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i was just wondering if my raticate from p38 ever got tested, cause i didnt see anything on the subject after the "ill test it out"

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:08 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Yes, I think so. tiger10x tested out everything that was stuck in the Test List when he was appointed to be a rater, but he might not have commented on everything.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:11 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yeah, I remember testing it. Here's the quote:

me wrote:
Lynx's Raticate from page 38 didn't do as well. It was also basically fragile and hard to get working. It's a lot easier to use with Intimidate-switching for you. If you're too slow, you die, but if you're too fast, you'll be left with an Endeavor to 1 HP on your opponent, and then die. If you somehow get lucky for a switch in the middle, you say "yay!". Otherwise, you'd have to switch out of a sub and lower HP if your opponent switches to a Ghost. Takes some skill to use the right way, but also some luck. Not entirely up to Hall of Fame standards, I'd say.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Image @Leftovers/Twisted Spoon/Quick Claw
Modest Nature
-Sleep powder, Dream Eater, Psychic, Silver Wind
EV's: 252 Sp. Att, 252 Spd, 6 Hp

Sleep powder and Dream Eater on most opponents, Psychic if you are up against a pokemon w/Vital spirit or you think they are going to switch out. Silver Wind should be used in place of Dream Eater when facing dark or psychic types.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:24 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Adamant/Swarm
Evs: 126Defense 126 SD, 126 Attack, 126 Spd, 6HP
Iron Defense
Swords Dance
Focus Energy
Slash
Scope Lens+Focus Energy+Slash+Swords Dance+Adamant=OUCH. Iron Defense if you're pitted against a Psys. Sweeper. If pitted against Fire,
{scizor} Scope Lens
Impish/Swarm
Evs: 126 Attack, 126 Defense, 252 SD, 6HP
Light Screen
Swords Dance
Focus Energy
Slash
Only changes here are ID for Light Screen, nature and EVs.

-Gardevoir~

Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:42 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm pretty sure that Butterfree won't do well. Twisted Spoon barely ups Psychic moves and Quick Claw doesn't work too often. Also, having two moves of the same type cuts down on being able to beat more types. Mixed Sweeping is also harder because it may involve split EV's. I really can't see that working too well. I also can't really see a way of improving it but keeping the strategy. Butterfree just doesn't have the stats to do that. Sorry.

Metagross results: Works, yes, but not excellently. It definitely works better as a physical sweeper, though. Doesn't work well in OU play though, but definitely catches them by surprise. That's worth 5 Psybucks.

I didn't notice your post Snow, so yeah, Primeape is good enough. I see I didn't even mention that. Donate yourself 5 Psybucks. :P

Edit: (Didn't see the Scizor post at first)

I believe the second will work better, but with another small change. 129 Attack and HP EV's instead of the extra Defense. I'd also think Silver Wind will work better in the long run instead of Light Screen just in case a Ghost shows up, and even if a Fire comes, you probably won't live anyway. I'll test.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

252 ATK/ 129 DEF/129 SPD
Yawn
Focus Punch
Swords Dance/Bulk Up
HP Ghost

Yawn your opponent, then use Swords Dance/Bulk Up. Then you get at least one free Focus Punch. HP Ghost is for Taking out Ghost types that won't get hit by Yawn. Works well with a WishMeanLookPass from Umbreon.

Image Thanks CF!

99.5 of all Sigs have Stupid Statistics, and the Elite Four can delete all of them.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:03 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Looks good. I'll test it with Swords Dance and Jolly. I don't think Scope Lens will be necessary, so I'll replace with Leftovers.

And for Gardevoir~, if you didn't notice, I edited my above post to mention Scizor.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 58  Next