It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

First, for those unaware, I am now a rater/tester.

Anyway:

I tested Tessa's Hariyama from page 31 but only liked a few results. It was quite ironic. It proved to be good to use against legendaries, but easy to faint against weaker OU pokemon. It's totally useless against a ghost, and even if you do paralyze via Body Slam (only 30%), when you use Smellingsalt, they become faster than you again. :P Endure-Reversal does help quite a bit though when faster. I'd have to turn it down.

The Bellossom from =D~unplugged~ on page 40 didn't work well in almost any major situation. After a Sub, you have about 50% left to use Swords Dance or Sunny Day. That's not enough time. No definite attack move would work for it either; it was too weak, and not well suited. However, if you get lucky enough (as I did once), it puts up a nice fight. The setback was when Sunny Day ran out. Nope.

Tork's Raichu from page 39 or something did relatively well with some setbacks. The Substitute and Reversal combo does well when you paralyze the opponent. HP Ghost is a great move for it, especially with the Liechi boost and T-Wave. If used against a Skarmory and the opponent doesn't back down, you're not in a good position. It doesn't work well against Phys. Sponges either or most Ground/Steel pokes. If the opponent is a Normal or Steel, you can't do much until you get subbed down to let Reversal work. I like it.

However, I do have a good remark. When the Hariyama and Raichu were paired in a double battle, they did great together. Raichu paralyzes and Hariyama uses Smellingsalt. It took down a Rayquaza, Regice, and quite a few other Uber and OU teams. That could be something to put in the 2 vs. 2 guide if something similar isn't there.

Sneaky_Sneasel's list is cleared, as I remember him testing the Gengar. I'll just wait for another load then.

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:45 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Anyway, I'm no longer a mod of this forum, so I won't be able to change the test list yet, so just continue testing and I'll update everything at one go once I'm able to.

EDIT: Wait a minute, I am a mod, again. Will update the list in a while. Thanks TK :D

EDIT 2: Added Torkoal Power's Raichu to the Hall of Fame. Congratulations :D

Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:41 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Cless's Onix from page 36 wasn't too good. I didn't think that it'd last long because you're opponent would switch to a special sweeper before it used Block. I was right. It has too low Sp. Def to live through any 4x Grass or Water move even without a STAB or anything. Nope; didn't work once.

And I did Neo_Matrix's Umbreon from page 33. Did reasonably well; pretty good actually. I changed around the set a little and found it worked better. The Baton Pass part of it wasn't great but it does still work. I had a nice laugh at a Jask that failed once against this; got confused, then I used Psych Up. So funny; wish I saved the log... but anyway. On rare occasions it didn't work, like when it was burned once. I think it should be added and here's the edited set I found better:

{umbreon} @ Salac
Impish / Synchronize
EV's: 252 Defense; 129 Spec. Defense; 129 Attack
~ Body Slam
~ Swagger
~ Baton Pass
~ Psych Up

I'll probably end up doing the rest within the next few days.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:23 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

That's rather efficient. Thanks again, tiger10x.

Added the edited Umbreon moveset into the HoF already, with tiger10x receiving a little credit. Congratulations, Neo_Matrix :D

Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:15 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Neo_Matrix's Linoone from page 37 did nicely for the most part. Although it was knocked out often before a Belly Drum, I did experience thrice the joy of a total team sweep. :P I added a Chesto Berry instead of Leftovers because the Filler was suggested as Rest. If it did go off to a longer sleep, it would be a pity to see 1000+ attack wasted. The only other let-down is the PP of ExtremeSpeed, only 5. However, it would usually be enough. I think it's good enough to added, but you'd have to be very cautious and smart when you use it.

Lynx's Raticate from page 38 didn't do as well. It was also basically fragile and hard to get working. It's a lot easier to use with Intimidate-switching for you. If you're too slow, you die, but if you're too fast, you'll be left with an Endeavor to 1 HP on your opponent, and then die. If you somehow get lucky for a switch in the middle, you say "yay!". Otherwise, you'd have to switch out of a sub and lower HP if your opponent switches to a Ghost. Takes some skill to use the right way, but also some luck. Not entirely up to Hall of Fame standards, I'd say.

Also, if I get more time later today, I'll edit in the next one.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:25 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

The Linoone has been added to the HoF. Congrats :D

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'd like to see what people think of this:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Modest Nature/252 Sp. Attack/252 Sp. Defense
Serene Grace

Softboiled
Wish
Psychic
Ice Beam

This is kind of like a mix between a Staller and a Sp. Sweeper. Baton Pass from Umbreon = OUCH. Sit there while your opponent is poisoned at laugh at them as they have no where to run and are gonna DIE. Psychic and Ice Beam along with Serene Grace provide pure sweeping power for a quick finish to Weezings.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:02 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That is REALLY standard, apart from strength, which anyway, is CRAP. Plus, you need to post a reason why it may be better than the one already in the HoF.

EDIT: What the hell? madman deleted his post?

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:19 am
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

To be honest, I submitted that Blissey set quite some time ago, but it was rejected because it was too similar to the Togetic set in the HoF, which focused on making use of Serene Grace :cry:

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, but this is a staller/sweeper, not just one single sweeper.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:46 am
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

My previous post didn't sound like what I wanted to say, probably because I was tired last night. Anyway, I'll wait for some more opinion first, if you don't mind.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:03 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The only real stalling thing about it is Wish. Wish then Softboiled every other turn would definitely protect you Without the Speed, Wish goes into a little better effect, although the Speed would help if you're opponent switches. Then this doesn't really work well against a phys. sweeper. The only needs for it is Defense and Speed. Psychic can also be used for a Fighting type, but they'd probably be faster than you.

It doesn't entirely match up to the Togetic much, except the Serene Grace, but that looks only a side strategy. Looks kinda useless against most strategies though. And you mentioned that they can't run from Umbreon, so the Baton Pass would be nice. It would really depend on what type of Pokemon it is against you, as in most cases, you'd probably have to switch.

All in all, I guess it'd be worth a test, although the Umbreon BP might be hard to turn off sometimes. I'll test that one later today.

And... results from the last on the test list: Sneaky_Sneasel's Charizard from page 38 and my Gyarados from 39.

Charizard did so-so. Special Sweeping pulled off a few times, although it was taken care of by a usual Tyranitar's Sand Stream. I got Sunny Day up and Flamethrowered away quite well. It got a few Water-Ground types for HP Grass and basically did well. When it didn't, it was just a regular Char-counter of Rock Slide. When I couldn't pull off the strategy, it did minorly well, but with a lot more difficulties. I still think it's pretty standard, but it works.

I was originally against test my own creation, but I noticed that I was the only "active rater" so I might as well. My Gyarados did better than I expected. It was easily gone from a Thunderbolt, Endure-counter, or etc as usual. I easily got the Dragon Dance up and swept away a few whole teams with Endure-Flail. I got a few :shock: and :evil: that I taught a Gyarados a Magikarp move and pwned them. HP Ghost saved me a few times, too. Sand Stream vs. Endure didn't work well though, just like Charizard. I liked more than I thought it would, and I didn't even favor it. I think it should be added.

These two also worked well in a duo team. I try testing double battles as well as single. I got into a real intense one where I hadthose two, all powered up and the opponent had one left... but it had to be a Tyranitar... so I wasn't too thrilled. I beat him with my last Pokemon left, Starmie, though.

Edit: I thought so, the 50ish defense stat was way too little. Even if you raised it max, it's not much. Defense Curl would work on it, but not that type. It got a few to faint though with the Umb-pass. Not a very reliable strategy.

Also, do I get page numbers for WPM's list or find them myself? :P I can deal with finding them though.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:59 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Agreed, the Charizard isn't very creative, but it has been added anyway. I think it's sufficiently different, and I don't want to be too strict :D

The Gyarados has been added as well; I trust you to be impartial lol.

Neo_Matrix's Blissey has been added to the Test List.

Could you look for the page numbers of the Pokemon that WPM are supposed to test? Thanks :P

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:49 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The pages for Raticate and Slowbro are 34. Test list's done. (yay) The test report for Blissey was that one the edit. :wink: The test results for Raticate and Slowbro are below, and after that is another idea I had for one.

ZombierryKing's submitted Raticate did so-so. Sub then Super Fang cut down most opponents, but left you wide open for an attack after. Quick Attack almost had enough to get the opponents but wasn't powerful enough. Shadow Ball's slower, so you had to use Quick Attack for extra damage. I tried changing it around here and there but couldn't get it to work well. Nope.

WPM's Slowbro did very well. The only major problem was that it only had Lefties to heal itself. Another down was the Speed, but it did have Curse so... :P It works better as the nature Adamant, so you can add it like that.

And my idea:

{hypno} @ Leftovers
Timid / Insomnia
EV's: 252 Speed; 129 Special Attack; 129 HP
~ Calm Mind
~ Barrier
~ Psychic
~ Toxic

Some Toxi-stall with majorly-boosted Psychic potential. Toxic if it's more of a threat. Barrier first if not Toxic, and then Calm Mind up to get a good Psychic attack. It could also work as a Mr. Mime, but I like Hypno better. :P

What I think it'll do is that it'll be weak to most Steel types or Blissey and that strategy Pokemon. It'll probably be too damaged to do much if you're in a hard situation as you only have Leftovers.

I've done a little testing for it and like it so far... but almost nothing compared to other tests.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:22 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I missed the Edit with your comments about Blissey, somehow :P

Added the Slowbro. I would congratulate Benjamin/Water Pokemon Master, but it seems like he's no longer around much :cry:

Congrats anyway.

Regarding your toxi-stalling Hypno... test it :P

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:16 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

And my idea:

{hypno} @ Leftovers
Timid / Insomnia
EV's: 252 Speed; 129 Special Attack; 129 HP
~ Calm Mind
~ Barrier
~ Psychic
~ Toxic

Some Toxi-stall with majorly-boosted Psychic potential. Toxic if it's more of a threat. Barrier first if not Toxic, and then Calm Mind up to get a good Psychic attack. It could also work as a Mr. Mime, but I like Hypno better. :P

What I think it'll do is that it'll be weak to most Steel types or Blissey and that strategy Pokemon. It'll probably be too damaged to do much if you're in a hard situation as you only have Leftovers.

I've done a little testing for it and like it so far... but almost nothing compared to other tests.

In OU this gets walled badly by Skarmory and Metagross. But yeah Pokemon counters Pokemon right. In the UU metagame this gets walled by Steelix, who is VERY common in UU play nowadays. Maybe you could ditch Barrier for Reflect since you probably will get ch'ed 70% of the time since this set requires some time to set up. Also a healing move would be great, so maybe Wish > Toxic. Otherwise, I don't really see this set work in both OU and UU metagames. But still, Hypno is a great pokemon with a nice movepool, even though I think Hypno is best used for the majority of stalling and pseudo-hazing (T-Wave, Wish).

Edit: Tentacruel and Mantine also have fun switching in on this. And it allows Ledian to set up with Swords Dance and then pass to Ursaring and then sweep your whole team *evil laugh*. Ok sorry for that. I'll post a few of my ''creative'' sets in a while.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:26 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Welcome back Cless, and thanks for the comments. Let's just wait to see if tiger10x is going to edit the set, if not, we'll wait for the test results.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:07 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I edited mainly all around it... changed to Reflect, EV's, Nature, Item, moves, etc but couldn't really find much else that worked too well. It seemed to well at first like I said, but it just went way down hill... nope.

But I got another idea:

{octillery} @ Salac
Jolly / Suction Cups
EV's: 252 Speed; 252 Attack; 6 HP
~ Thunder Wave
~ Rock Blast
~ Swagger
~ Sludge Bomb

Some anti-Jask and able to attack. I'll imagine that it's pitiful vs. Steelix or most Steel or Ground types... but it's not meant for that.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:32 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

It'll get owned real bad by Steel, Rock and Ground types; you're right T_T

But still, Jasks are still more common than Steel and Ground types IMO. Just try it out if you want.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:20 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't see Octillery hitting Jask with T-Wave & Swagger, and they most likely won't switch in on Octillery if they know of his massive atk/sp.atk. But you can try though, but replace either T-Wave or Swagger with Flamethrower to hit those nasty steel types. Of hell even give it a STAB Surf? Steel, Rock, Ground problem solved. Also, Octillery is too slow to take advantage of 252 spd ev's, you can either put them in HP or Defenses or in Sp.Atk, since most of the time he will take the first hit. But I like the idea tiger, I see it working in some situations, because even IF they switch out, a rock blast from Octillery WILL hurt.

I know I'm not a rater but I can give advice right?

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:04 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Perhaps you should try Surf over Swagger like Cless suggested, because that seems to solve a lot of problems at one go.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:36 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I don't mind the critism at all anyway, I usually forget stuff. :P

For the new set:
Octillery @ Leftovers
Naughty / Suction Cups
EV's: 252 Attack; 129 Speed; 129 Spec. Attack
~ Thunder Wave
~ Surf
~ Rock Blast
~ Sludge Bomb

The results were promising: Octillery did excellently vs. the Jasks I met. It also put up a good fight in OU battles, but not as much (but still well) in UU battles. Double Battles were more of a danger to it... so I didn't do that too often. Jask users would just bow down to Rock Blast if they subbed or die either way. It cleaned up a few TTars... a few Sub-punchers were surprised and then I Surfed the rest. Surf did solve a lot of problems. :P Sludge Bomb poisons often enough, but if you Poison, you can't take advantage of the lower-speeded Paralyzed. But in bad situations, it's pretty vulnerable to super-effective attacks or Stab+CB. I really like it. :)

Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:53 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I have two movesets (not having anything in common, both single battle), and the two Pokes are....
{rapidash} Berry that raises SA when low HP, I keep forgeting if its leichi or petaya
Modest Nat. EVs. 252Spd 252SA 6HP Flash Fire
Agility
Baton Pass
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
(Baton pass when you've Agilitied to the max to a slow tank NOT HOLDING QUICK CLAW!!!!. Use Sunny Day first, halves its weakness. Solarbeam to get its weakness outta the way, might take 2-3 turns.)
Optional: Same Rapidash for DB, except have another SDing Pokemon/Groudon (if you really want to use an 00ber) and replace SD with Flamethrower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next one:
{dragonite} Salac/ Berry that raises SA, see above Pokemon
Modest Nature EVs: 252 Spd 252SA 6 HP Inner Focus
Ice Beam (elim. Dragon)
Flamethrower (elim. Ice)
Thunderbolt (elim. Ice/Water dual type)
Surf (probably) / HP Psychic/Dark
Because D-nite is a demi-legend, it doesnt really need a helper move in my opinion. IN MY OPINION! Not yours maybe but mine. ANyway.......
This set elims....*thinks* (First set, not including HPs)
Grass, Ice, Dragon, Flying, Bug, Rock, Steel, Ground, Fire, Water, I think thats it...10 types.
With HP Psychic:
Grass, Water, Flying, Ice, Dragon, Bug, Steel, Fighting, 8 types.
With HP Dark:
Grass, Water, Ice, Dragon, Psyhcic, Bug, Steel, Flying, 8 types again.

-Gardevoir~

Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:30 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The Rapidash looks okay for testing. And the berry's called Petaya. I doubt that it'd be able to max Agility, as it's a little fragile and you'll probably only need two Agilities to get it high enough. You could add some Def. EV's in there. Even if a Surf won't get you, there's still a chance of a Physical Sweeper to get you.

The Dragonite isn't very original... although the Standard is a Phys. Attacker, I doubt that it's going to be tested as it is a little common.

Anyway, I'll wait for at least second opinion before I go ahead with anything.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:33 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

The Rapidash is fine, but the Dragonite is a little standard, because Dragon types are commonly used for special sweeping AND physical sweeping, even though in Dragonite's case it's the latter that's more common.

I'll add the edited (with Surf) Octillery into the HoF later :D

Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 58  Next