It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Myutsuu No Gyakushuu 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

First Mewto Strikes Back trailer

I don't know if this is entirelly true or not, as I've read it on a Pokemon imageboard, but... Perhaps someone can clarify this for me.

That video above shows the very first trailer of the first Pokemon movie, Mewtwo Strikes Back. It contains scenes that weren't part of the movie (they were either removed or didn't even make it to the final production), but tell a little story nonetheless. It could be an idea that was discarded, or, perhaps, the original plan for the show.

From what I've read, these are scenes that were supposed to have happened many years after the first movie, in the future. Misty is a grown-up (in a similar design to what we see in the newer versions of the games), and is holding hands with her supposed daughter (but that wasn't clarified either; she could be any random little girl), who's also holding hands with Miranda, the pier master.

I don't understand Japanese, so I can't really figure out what the narrator says in the beginning (the dialogue is actually part of the song; it's not being said by any of the characters). I'm not even sure if it's anything to do with Ash's Pokemon journey, so I don't really know where people came out with this information, but I'll post it anyway.

Mewtwo Strikes back was originally supposed to be the ending of the series. Ash would've beaten the Pokemon League (which explains why he gets the invitation from Mewtwo, as one of the most powerful trainers in the world; that could also relate to the fact that in RBY you only get to face Mewtwo after you've beaten the E4) and then disappeared to continue his journey (in a similar way to what Red does, in his transition from RBY to GSC). The Johto series would feature new characters (similarly to what happens everytime a new game comes out), like a new season. This makes sense, because Mewtwo Strikes Back came out before the release of GSC. The movie marks the ending of Ash's journey, and the beginning of someone else's.

It isn't said that that Pikachu in the video is Ash's, even though it probably is... And if it is... Why is he alone? Did Ash leave him behind and continued his journey without him? Did something really tragic happen? Or is there no meaning at all, and Pikachu's only there because...well, Pikachu.

If someone knows anything about it, please explain it to me. I'm very curious. Is this true, or did someone came up with all that? If it's true, and all that was planned to happen... my mind has been blown.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]