It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Trade thread 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Has anyone tried setting up a trade thread here? If not then are then any mods who would step up to the plate and try it out? It seems to me like the amount of people in this forum are few enough it could be accomplished. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about here is how it works:
1) You post a list of your cards up for trades and/or a cards wanted list, with card condition.
2) You converse with people you want to trade with via PM until you reach an agreement.
3) You both PM mod in charge of trades. Mod responds with trade code and the mod's address.
4) Both people mail the mod cards AND an unused stamped envelope AND a note stating the trade code and what is being traded for and the other persons address inside another envelope.
5) Mod checks condition of all cards.
6) if everything is good, mod sends both sets of cards to new owners, if one players cards are in bad condition then the mod sends the cards back to their new owners.

If it gets too popular or if the forums base is too big it becomes too much work for the mod(s), but a small group can wind up making each other quite happy this way.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]