It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Garchomp Fighting & Water Deck 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey everyone this is my deck so I hope you enjoy it.

4x Gible
3x Gabite
2x Garchomp
2x Feebas
3x Milotic
2x Wailmer
2x Wailord
2x Emolga
4x Swablu
3x Alteria
10x Water
5x Fighting
1x Blend Energy
2xEnergy Retrieval
3x Energy Search
2x Level Ball
3x Professor Juniper
3x Pokemon Communication
2x N
2x Energy Switch

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:54 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I'm going to assume that most of those cards are from Dragons Exalted.
If so...which Gible, Gabite, and Garchomp are you using? There's 2 of each.

Also, why a low Blend count? You should aim to have 2 or 3.

Wailord and Milotic detract from the deck; you just want to go with straight Garchomp and attack as fast as possible. 4-3-4 is probably the best line for the Garchomp (Sand-Attack, Dragon Call, and Mach Cut, in order from lowest to highest stage). That will allow you to run only Fightings and Blends; Water Energy will become unnecessary. (That also makes Energy Search unnecessary, freeing up deck slots.)

No Rare Candy? I am disappoint.

Max Potion is also an option you can try, since you'll only need 1, maaaaaaaybe 2, Energy to attack.

You may want to up the N count. Right now, all decks run a minimum of 3. Cheren's also a Supporter you could try (maybe), and there's also Random Receiver to search for them.

A friend of mine tries Rescue Scarf in his build to bounce the pieces back to his hand and set them up easily, plus Super Rod in case the Rescue Scarf gets discarded. It might be worth a try.

Pokemon Communication? I guess that could work since you'll be running a lot of Pokemon, but have you tried Ultra Ball at all?

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:26 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Without looking I could tell that this was a slightly modified version of the Dragonspeed theme deck. Theme decks are generally terrible and should be avoided as deck templates.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm not familiar with the new metagame, but based on my past experience, I have to agree with DNA and Frost.
First of all, theme decks are good for getting ideas for new decks. But this concerns only your core Pokemon (in this case, Garchomp). In terms of format, theme decks are, as Frost pointed out, terrible.
As for suggestions, I too think that you need Rare Candy and more Blend. As for the Garchomp chain, you want the ones DNA specified (Sand Attack Gible, Dragon Call Gabite and Mach Blade Garchomp). I'd also suggest running 4 Ns, and maybe 2-3 Cherens.
And for God's sake, take out Energy Search! Garchomp is one of the cheapest Energy users. What do you need Energy Search for?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]