It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 PMD Game Breakers 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I've been playing a lot more of my Explorers of Sky lately, and have been experimenting with a longtime member of my party, a Drifblim. The thing is a complete and utter powerhouse.

First of all, it learns Ominous Wind by level-up, which hits every enemy in the room, and has a chance to raise each of its stats by one level each time it hits. And if that wasn't enough, it's Unburden ability lets it use the same attack twice in one turn, while only using the normal one PP.

Now, I happened to buy a Silver Wind TM from the Kecleon Brothers' shop in Treasure Town, and I found out something even better. Drifblim learns that too. Silver Wind is the exact same thing as Ominous Wind, except for slightly less accuracy, and one less PP. I immediately taught my Drifblim that, and linked the two moves together. It now hits the entire room four times in one turn, and raises its stats constantly. Monster houses are like fodder to him.

I also find it kind of funny that all his lines, when I talk to him, are nervous-sounding. I guess he's scared of his own power!

So what other potentially game breaking combinations have any of you used, or seen?

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

One terrible thing: Bullet Seed

It's a massacre, it's terrible. In Rescue Team, where the Pokemon can learn the same move 4 times.
My partner is chikorita, and this combo kill anything in 1 round.

It can easily deal over 2000-4000 damage in 1 round.

It's pretty useful at the beggining, where you can find a link box and link all your moves before the boss.
I usually use only 2 bullet seed and keep them linked.

For Explorers, where you can't learn a move twice...
My character is charmander and ckiko is my partner.
Smokescreen + bullet seed get rid of any boss.

Any multiple attack moves are overpowered in PMD, Icicle Spears, Bullet Seed, Fury Swipe, etc.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:38 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

OP already covered the main ones. The only other thing I have to add is Bronzor/Bronzong, since they have no weaknesses.

Tyranitar in PMD1 on Western Cave can count also, since the sand damage may very well kill the requester before you find them.

And don't get me started on Buried Relic.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]