It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 My LeafGreen might be corrupted, can anyone confirm it? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So I bought a LeafGreen recently, and around two days ago I decided to trade four of my Pokemon over to my brother for evolving, then he would trade them back. Unfortunately one of the cable links came out when we were leaving the room, and we had to turn our games off.

No damage seemed to be done, and we still had our Pokemon, but the trade didn't save, so we tried again. I traded my Haunter (Hauntar?) to him, and it went fine. But when he tried trading it back, the connection errored out, and when we turned the games back on, he had a Gengar, which was my Pokemon, but I also still had my Haunter/tar.

We decided not to try anymore trading just in case, and I went on to beat the Elite Four that day. However, when I check my Hall of Fame on the PC, it says the Hall of Fame data's been corrupted, and now I'm afraid to do any trading at all.

Is my game corrupted completely, or can I still trade and be safe as long as I don't try trading my original four from the failed trading? I want to trade my LG legendaries to my Sapphire, but I'm afraid it will corrupt that game's data, and there is no way I'm going to risk it, not with everything I have on Sapphire.

And so they lived and so they died.
Fallen, shattered, by God denied."

Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Is there any suspicious stuff on your cartridge? You might have bought a counterfeit version.
If you look in the hole where you can see partially the card, can you see the Nintendo logo?

Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:39 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, I can see the logo. The cartridge itself feels really light and doesn't rattle when shook up and down like the other Pokemon games my brother and I own, but it still works normally, with the exception of when I start it up, it says "The previous save file will be loaded", which it doesn't do on my brother's FR or my Sapphire, and when I save on it, halfway through the music stops completely before it says that the game saved.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh well. o_O

It's either a really messed up official game or a aesthetically well made counterfeit. I don't really know what you can do... I tried to find something on Nintendo's technical support, but I only found stuff about the consoles. I've never had this problem, never even heard of it.

Maybe this can help...

Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:11 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It's a counterfeit, I just checked the E on it like the picture you posted. What would happen if I traded my Pokemon from it to another game?

Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, they are still Pokemon, so it shouldn't be a problem, and it's still the same game, just not official.

There might be some errors, like when your Pokemon got cloned, but I guess it still works. Try again with rattatas or something. Did the pokemon your brother sent you vanished?

Beside this, the game should work properly.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:22 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

GhostPony750 wrote:
Oh well. o_O

It's either a really messed up official game or a aesthetically well made counterfeit. I don't really know what you can do... I tried to find something on Nintendo's technical support, but I only found stuff about the consoles. I've never had this problem, never even heard of it.

Maybe this can help...

Thanks for posting this. I've never had problems with my Gen III cartridges and they're several years old now but seeing this prompted me to check them still since I knew nothing about this when I bought them though a few were gifts.
Thankfully all are legit.
If there a way to tell on the packaging before purchase?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The counterfeits were usually sold on the internet at a discount price, so they didn't come with a box, for most of them. If you find one with still its case it's quite a miracle anyway. xD

The main things you have to look for is the color of the cartridge, the sticker (logos and stuff) and the inside of the cartridge where you see the card. (There is a small nintendo logo) Also, if you can, try the game before buying it. If there is an error message when you load the save file, it's probably a counterfeit.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Thanks Ghostpony. All my cartridges were purchased in stores so I suppose it should not have been a concern of mine if they were counterfeit. The only reason I'd ever buy a cartridge online is for the prospect of an entertaining hack.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]