It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Pokken Tournament 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

They just announced the upcoming release of a new game that will hit Japanese arcades (and probably the wii u six months later) titled Pokken Tournament, a Pokémon fighting game built with the Tekken game engine! The trailer is here. Apart from Lucario and Machamp, who are featured, Blaziken is also essentially in, as he was shown in that short clip way back. Here are my thoughts on the playable characters, based on popularity and potential playstyle. All have two arms and two legs, as is tradition in fighting games.

Definitely In:
Mewtwo
Scizor
Heracross
Gardevoir
Breloom
Hariyama
Lopunny
Weavile
Gallade
Garchomp
Conkeldurr
Scrafty
Golurk
Bisharp
Greninja
Chesnaught
Hawlucha
(These plus the confirmed three makes for an even 20)

Would be nice to have:
Nidoking
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Electivire
Magmortar
Throh
Sawk
Pangoro

Wishful Thinking on my part:
Marowack
Feraligatr
Shiftry
Ludicolo
Zangoose
Regigigas
Beartic
Barbaracle

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hmm... about the controls, will it be mortal kombat style or super smash bros? Because I find mortal kombat to be very boring.
Also, most of the characters in this game are kinda humanoid shaped. So we won't see such things as Pidgeot or Gyarados.

We'll see how it goes, I'll probably play it with my friends someday.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:01 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Ok, so we have three more confirmed fighters: Pikachu (of course), Gardevoir, and oddly enough, Suicune. Also confirmed are the addition of ally Pokémon you can call in for assist attacks of some nature, including ones such as Snivy, Emolga, and Lapras. The sky's the limit now in terms of who ends up playable.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

No Primeape?
I would LOVE to beat up other players as one

Heck, even hovering around poking people with a beedrill would be fun

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:53 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

So...

Machamp is an absolute beast.

<3

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]