It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Forum rules

ALL GLORY TO THE FLOATING CLEFFA

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 300 Posts 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lolwut? I JUST GOT THIS (after typing a thing about how having 300 posts is completely irrelevant to this, lmao i'm retarded). This is awesome though.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:30 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

300 posts really isn't a lot. I have a 1/12th of that in one solid day of posting so I will have 300 posts in less than two weeks (assuming the posting quality of the users of this site magically goes up in the next few days and I keep bothering to come back here).

Congrats though, I guess.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:16 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

300? pfft....

Speaking of post milestones, I passed Sneaky_Sneasel a while back and now have the second highest post count at just over 3000 posts.

I have a long way to catch up to sN0wBaLL; I'm doubting I'll ever make it that far, he's been the #1 poster since I joined.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

Krisp wrote:
he's been the #1 poster since forever
FTFY.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I wasn't really aware that people still care about how many times they post anymore. I mean, does it make you awesome? Do you win insane amounts of interwebz? I just really stopped caring about that stuff a while back, seeing as most of my posts on any given forum is usually irrelevant nonsense that won't make sense to me about a week after I posted it. I have over a thousand posts from back in the day, and looking back at them... They don't have any real relevance to anything, and made me realize I was a noob, not just a noob, but also a tard, a noobtard if you will. Also, I was in desperate need of spell check back then (I still do on the occasion -.-; ) , I lol'd at all the typos of my former self.

But I digress, congrats on the 300. Here's something to help you lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvYZRskNV3w

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I can't wait to get to 1,000 posts, because dusk balls are probably the ugliest pips ever. :(

Congrats on 300 though :)

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah, I know its not a very big milestone, and that posting for the sake of posting is pointless. I just couldn't resist cracking a SPARTA joke XD

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I definitely had over 950 posts before, in maybe October, and now its like...less than that.

I've been a ranger for as long as I can remember, seems I always will be. ;-;

Well, except my brief period as a gym leader. ;)

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:01 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Krisp wrote:
300? pfft....

Speaking of post milestones, I passed Sneaky_Sneasel a while back and now have the second highest post count at just over 3000 posts.

I have a long way to catch up to sN0wBaLL; I'm doubting I'll ever make it that far, he's been the #1 poster since I joined.

7th highest poster here, and half the top 6 don't even post much any longer.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DragonPhoenix wrote:
I can't wait to get to 1,000 posts, because dusk balls are probably the ugliest pips ever. :(

Congrats on 300 though :)

Don't be hating on the Dusk Balls. Still 300 yeah. I personally could have possibly have double of what I if I ever ventured out of the Battle Tower, Pokemon Center, here and Eckruteak Theatre. Still I could care less about post count I have made some form of friends here. Still good job getting to three hundred.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:24 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

We have some pretty funny ranks, my personal favorite is the last one (20000 post requirement, I won't spoil anything else though. ;)) I remember the first user to get "Psypoke Maniac" was Confused Flareon back in 2006, we deleted at least 200 posts (believe me, she spit out so many posts a day it wasn't denting her post count much) to prevent her from getting the rank. Towards the end we got kinda bored with it and just let her reveal the super secret rank.

I look at our forums today and think "wow, this kid has no life, he made like 100 posts today!" but truthfully that does not compare to the spam machine that is Confused Flareon. Ironically, she is no longer with us and stop posting shortly after she got the SUPER SEKCRET RANK!!1 due to conflicts with certain staffers (namely TK, Amphy, FireStarter, swift53, and myself.) Hell, I even saved some of her most dramatic PMs to me, and I still laugh at them.

Honestly I'd take CF back if we could get rid of our current cancerous userbase though.

edit: officially, nobody has the Psypoke Maniac rank as of now.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Krisp wrote:
cancerous userbase

So true :)

Mektar out.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:33 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm glad you agree, you're part of it :)

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:
she got the SUPER SEKCRET RANK!!1 due to conflicts with certain staffers (namely TK, Amphy, FireStarter, swift53, and myself.)

What was the rank after she gets on the conflict? When i remembered, her rank now is "is very close to get banned". Is that the rank that she have after she get on the conflict?

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It was Bug Catcher as a joke rank, if I remember correctly. :p

Also, I remember CF being, quite possibly, the most active member ever, that girl's post count was insanely high. >_<

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

oddly, i honestly only ever remember seeing sN0w post like, ten times since I've been here.

I swear I used to have like, 1000 posts, but I did do a LOT of posting in midnight and slateport market when I joined, and then my posting slowed down a lot. Not really suprised that I didn't make the first page though :p

but wow, look at all those users I remember and haven't seen in ages. 2x4b, DNA, Obs, rubypoke, etc. Everyone who left when you deleted teams :p looking back though, that seems absolutely ridiculous now but it was such a big deal then, I really don't remember why.

I miss the Off-Topic Discussion Thread though, that was a really nice thread, and I think it could be a nice feature to our general discussion forums, to be honest.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:34 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Not really. The fun of Off-Topic Discussion was that it was basically a chatroom exclusive to a few members. If we opened it up to everyone then the fun would be lost. :(

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I still support that idea of a forum for only certain people. :0

It seems just before anyone gets the Maniac rank, they get a special rank. Valentine's account has it though, but only because she lost her rank when she left. I want it. ;.;

It should have a ton of Cherish Balls though. :O

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:53 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

My most favorite Psypoke memories come from "problem" or "dramatic" members, especially CF. Any forum I've ever been apart of has received most of it's activity from unusual members or people purposely creating drama. I can attest to that, as I was honestly responsible for "destroying" an entire forum, and the months prior to me becoming a moderator there (since membership), and the months after I lost interest in being a dick were the most active, and it has had no notoriety since then (or activity for that matter). I never told anyone about this, because I thought the **** that I did would honestly block me from being a mod here.

In the entertainment world, comedy and drama rule. Whether this comes from the best or worst members, if you want to give people something to talk about, something to pay attention to, you have to provide a bit of material. If managing an active forum means taking some stress from crazy members, you have to take the good with the bad.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That's pretty insightful. You should post more often.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh well, 300 was not really that much for most of the staff, but pretty much for non-staff.

Congrats, though.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]