It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

Forum rules

ALL GLORY TO THE FLOATING CLEFFA

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 I'm Feeling Terrible 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ugh.

I don't know if you guys have been up-to-date with world news, but... We're facing a rather horrifying situation right now.

Perhaps this video and this article can help enlighten what's been going on.

Criminals are torching cars, blocking thoroughfares and robbing people, while innocents and policemen are dying; hospitals are incredibly crowded, and all we can see outside in the streets are ambulances's and police cars's sirens, and the sounds of the tanks. The army, and even the navy have been mobilized to deal with this. We can't sleep at night, and all we hear coming from outside are the sounds of explosions and shooting. The police says these are terrorist acts to scare us because their organization or whatever is disjointed or something. It's awful.

I'm trapped inside my district. The only reason nothing very bad has happened around here (yet) is because the ones in control of the largest slum in my district are the militia, and while they're technically as bad as the drug dealers, they aren't as explicitly violent. The surrounding districts, though... People there are suffering terribly.

I'm afraid to go out. I'm afraid for my friends who live in different districts, where the violence is now a constant. My friend is not talking to me on MSN right now because his computer is too close to his bedroom window.

I feel so terrible right now.

I don't even know why I'm sharing this with you guys. This sounds more like a MySpace blog entry than anything else...

I guess I want your input, or something, I don't know.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
And THAT'S why I don't watch the news. I feel horrible for you and everyone else, don't get me wrong, but they always find the most depressing, fear-inducing things to report on the news even if it's true. :p for the news and :'( for the people being affected.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That... is horrible. I feel bad that people are even doing something like that. The simple depravity of common thugs and criminals is enough to strike fear into the average person's heart. The fact that they have tanks and weapons only makes this worse.

I really want to say something supportive and/or meaningful, but all I can say is, hang in there!! Hopefully, everything will get much better soon, and you and your friends/family will be safe again.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Slums are everywhere in the world. Even here in America. Even in the city of Chicago, once the place of residence of the current US president, had this same problem, and still may have though it was on a much smaller scale than this. It will pass, and I don't know if you are religious or not, but I do pray for your and your family's safety as well as anyone close to you.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

We had some pretty bad parts here in KC, but nothing on this scale. I used to be terrified of the places in KC. When my older sister was still with one of her boyfriends, who grew up in Independence all his life, that was probably the first time i've been over there since we moved away. Thank god I moved out of there before I was older, we moved when I was 7. But you would hear gunshot all through the night, and see some pretty scary things. We never went out there without meeting up with her boyfriend first, just because he was allowed to carry a gun, and actually had one since his job required him to have one.. he isn't supposed to use it when he's not working but when you're where he is, who wouldn't?

But I hope for the best for you, hopefully everything will turn out soon and things will get under control.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I can't even begin to image how horrible that is for you and your family I really hope things get sorted out asap with minimal damage...
If at all possible try to stay on the positive even if its only for something trivial, things seem less terrible when you can laugh about tripping onto your face =)

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]