It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
I mean we now have 6, 6!! mascot legendaries that have Dragon as 1 of their types & if you add the rest of them, around 8!!, this is getting ludicris(spelling?) now seriously...

If you're going to complain about something, at least get your facts straight. Groudon and Kyogre are the "mascot legendaries" of Ruby and Sapphire, not Latias and Latios. Same sentence applies to the person who included them in the list in the post above yours.

Sorry mister Moderator sir, but I never said anything about {latios} and {latias} being mascots, just legendaries. It seems you also need to get your facts straight.

No offense meant.

Oh and it's ludicrous.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:54 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Rayquaza = Emerald
Dialga = Diamond
Palkia = Pearl
Giratina = Platinum
Reshiram = W/B
Zekrom = B/W
6^ Mascot legendary dragons
+ 2 Lati@s = 8 legendary dragons

also although its not likely, what if these two dragons are just a pair like lati@s with 3 more Uber level pokemon being part of the main story line

I don't mind Legendary dragons, Legendary pokemon rarely Suck in battle,

by the way there are 13 legendary Psychic types (including unown) and 8 of them are pure psychics If anything I say no more pure psychic types

Last edited by /vXv\ on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:16 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

AceTrainer wrote:
Frost wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
I mean we now have 6, 6!! mascot legendaries that have Dragon as 1 of their types & if you add the rest of them, around 8!!, this is getting ludicris(spelling?) now seriously...

If you're going to complain about something, at least get your facts straight. Groudon and Kyogre are the "mascot legendaries" of Ruby and Sapphire, not Latias and Latios. Same sentence applies to the person who included them in the list in the post above yours.

Sorry mister Moderator sir, but I never said anything about {latios} and {latias} being mascots, just legendaries. It seems you also need to get your facts straight.

No offense meant.

Oh and it's ludicrous.

Um...was that your quote up there? I see "Lawence Codye", not "Ace Trainer." So instead of being a jerk about it and telling Frost to get his facts straight, you should learn to READ first.

No offense meant of course!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Krisp wrote:
...you should learn to READ first.

Lol

I wonder what Reshiram and Zekrom's other type will be. Since Palkia is Water/Dragon and Dialga is Steel/Dragon, the new ones would obviously have a second type.

I hope/kinda think Reshiram's is Ice, because it has a pearly aurora look on its tail and neck.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:02 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Frost wrote:
If you're going to complain about something, at least get your facts straight. Groudon and Kyogre are the "mascot legendaries" of Ruby and Sapphire, not Latias and Latios.

I do have my facts straight, firstly with Black & White's mascots stated as being the Dragon Type that makes 6! Rayquaza(Emerald), Dialga(Diamond), Palkia(Pearl), Giratina(Platinum), Reshiman(Black) & Zekrom(white) which is 6, no? & when I said the rest of them I meant the remaining Legendaries in General across the generations, not mascot legendaries only...which puts it at 8 with Latias & Latios, no? I was including Emerald's Mascot in the counting so case & point, no?

Krisp wrote:
Um...was that your quote up there? I see "Lawence Codye", not "Ace Trainer." So instead of being a jerk about it and telling Frost to get his facts straight, you should learn to READ first.

He was talking for himself as he was the person I quoted in the post being frowned upon, no?

Savage Hunter wrote:
Thanks, I never use that word...

Was talking to me Savage Hunter, see?

Daemiian wrote:
You can say what you want..but most (if not all) of us are excited about the new series
and come Spring 2011..there will people who have already beaten the jap version..and almost everyone else lined up at the store with a copy on pre-order.

I say no need to find the flaws..just be stoked that pokemon is still around..and you have fellow nerds to talk to about it

Finding something's flaws helps you appriciate it more sometimes...

& thanks /vXv\ & now with that all handled things can move along now finally...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I personally like them both equally. It looks like both of them could have ghost as their secondary type (Giratina says hi), but it's not likely. Reshiram will probably be something that it doesn't look like at all (FYI, there is a chance that Zekrom could be Electric/Dragon), maybe even Fire! It'd be nice to have a Fire/Dragon for once. Zekrom may be part Electric, but it's still not proven. It will definetely be a new type combination. Maybe it could be part Grass not Grass Bug! That'd be cool and would suck at the same exact time!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Krisp wrote:

I see you have failed to grasp the entire message of Frost. Perhaps YOU should be one to READ first as Frost referenced my quote along with Lawence.

No offense meant as well. {quagsire}

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

sweet more dragons and i bet there is going to be a dragon type eveelution and if you ask me that grass type starter looks like it might end up being part dragon type too and i think there are going to be even more dragon types in the generation V

dragons galore :D (dancing and jumping around of joy)

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Here's the rumor about Zekrom:
The host of Pokémon Sunday, Nakagawa Shoko, blogged about the character she is voicing in the 13th movie. She mentioned her love for Electric types and stated that due to this, she wants to get Zekrom. This statement was quickly removed from her blog but people managed to catch it in time.
If this is true then it will mean that Zekrom is Dragon/Electric-type.
Remember though, this is NOT confirmed, albeit coming from a very likely source plus she could have removed it due to her being mistaken about Zekrom's type.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:39 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dracomence wrote:
sweet more dragons and i bet there is going to be a dragon type eveelution and if you ask me that grass type starter looks like it might end up being part dragon type too and i think there are going to be even more dragon types in the generation V

dragons galore :D (dancing and jumping around of joy)

Makes me kind of regret either assuming that or agreeing that the Grass starter will become part Dragon in the end with all the other Dragons taking the scene now *sign*, get ready for OMG Dragons users & OMG Dragon what-not, they are not even rare anymore imo...

& also, Interesting Spoinkable regardless...so a voice actor has love for Electric Types, always good to know this kind of stuff, even if I get nothing from it, an Dragon/Electric is also overdue regardless if that becomes fact or fiction...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

AceTrainer wrote:
Frost wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

No offense meant.

Oh and it's ludicrous.

No offense meant of course![/quote]

Ok, as a third party, I'm going to clear things up.

Frost told Lawence Codye to get his facts straight, while also telling Ace Trainer the same goes for him as well.

Frost wrote:
Same sentence applies to the person who included them in the list in the post above yours

Lawence Codye also stated that there were 6 dragon mascots. Although something about "8" confused me, so maybe I got that wrong, but I don't think he ever specifically stated that Lati@s were Mascots.

So don't go being a jerk AceTrainer, Krisp, and Frost, until ALL of you get your facts straight.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

my only gripe and really my only grip is that they look to porygon computerish.

the other legenderies had a semi natural feel to them and dialga was pushing it.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:54 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Savage Hunter wrote:
I don't think he ever specifically stated that Lati@s were Mascots.

So don't go being a jerk AceTrainer, Krisp, and Frost, until ALL of you get your facts straight.

Lawence Codye wrote:

How about taking your own advice?

And maybe AceTrainer or whoever didn't explicitly say that Latios and Latios were mascot legendaries but he grouped them with the other mascots for no particular reason except for their typing, and I don't know why anybody is bitching about the number of Dragon legendaries in the first place when there are certainly more Legendaries of OTHER types like Flying and Psychic.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

can we stop arguing about how many dragon legends there are, and talk about the new ones..please??
if zekrom is an electric, that would be kind of interesting. to me, the tail looked like a kind of generator anyways... (though, it could be the mixing part from a cement truck lol). reshiram is, admittedly (and against my better judgement) growing on me. i definitely like the tail of reshiram better.... ice could work as a second typing. so provided these statements are accurate, then we have an ice and an electric. what type do you guys think the third one will be (the giratina/rayquaza of the gen)?? maybe a dark dragon?? that would be pretty cool. oh, and even if you include non-legendaries, has there been a psychic-dragon??

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

no.

if you harken back to the orginals (1st and 2nd Gen's) dragons were a "ancient and sacred" type.

I dont want to see dragon paired with anything but dunsparce and the grass starter...

we have to many dragons already..

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:29 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Frost wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

How about taking your own advice?

When I said "add the rest of them", I meant the remaining non-Mascot Legendaries so basically I was saying that once you add the non-Mascot Legendaries Latias & Latios to the 6 Mascot Legendaries I mentioned before adding them, you get 8 Dragon Type Legendaries all together so again, My facts are STRAIGHTER as a horizontal line...so please don't bluntly read my statements cause stuff like this will definetely happen as it just did...

to think though, I still didn't correct the spelling on that word, I'll just do that now & it's done, thanks AceTrainer...

KingErick wrote:
no.

if you harken back to the orginals (1st and 2nd Gen's) dragons were a "ancient and sacred" type.

I dont want to see dragon paired with anything but dunsparce and the grass starter...

This basically makes up most of the reason I am complaining about this in the first place...we really do have too many Dragon Type Legendaries in general already!

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:01 pm
The Geek
The Geek

Lawence Codye wrote:
so please don't bluntly read my statements

Duly noted - from now on we'll make sure to read everything you write to mean anything EXCEPT what you actually wrote.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Jigglypuff wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
so please don't bluntly read my statements

Duly noted - from now on we'll make sure to read everything you write to mean anything EXCEPT what you actually wrote.

Umm okay, lol?...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:
no.

{ditto} !!

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
oh, and even if you include non-legendaries, has there been a psychic-dragon??

{latias} {latios}

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
rex09 wrote:
oh, and even if you include non-legendaries, has there been a psychic-dragon??

{latias} {latios}

*facepalm* lol why didn't i think of that?!?!?
yes, i agree with kingerick about the dragons being "ancient and sacred." but isn't that why they're perfect for legendaries?? though, there are too many mascot legends that are dragons.... i think it would be interesting to have a dragon available early on though... (think, what if instead of pidgey you found gible?? imo it's an interesting idea, though unrealistic).
but back to legends. we need more like mewtwo and cresselia (in concept, at least). mewtwo had a really interesting story... maybe they could have another pokemon with that kind of a background (not, "oh btw he was banned to the distortion world for violence... now go get him!!!!").

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well, this is really interesting:

Quote:

The fifth generation is official!
In a recent Japanese magazine interview they revealed 2 new 5th generation Pokemon:

Hasannipo could be romanized to hasnipp meaning it could be an evolution of scizor and scyther.It appearers to be a bug Pokemon.
Silipbanno could be romanized to Slipburn.Could it have some relation with onix and steelix? It appears to be a fire/steel Pokemon.
Turns out that they might not be real.

If you copy anything you get banned unless if you ask permission.

If you want to advertise your site COMMENT here! But only there!

from http://celebi.wetpaint.com/?t=anon (they even have a supposed picture....)

note: not entirely sure if this is true, but, if this WAS is a magazine.....

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

uh, it says right there that they might not be real.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
we need more like mewtwo and cresselia (in concept, at least). mewtwo had a really interesting story... maybe they could have another pokemon with that kind of a background (not, "oh btw he was banned to the distortion world for violence... now go get him!!!!").

I definitely agree with this.
(I'm the guy who plays WoW for the lore and character development involved, so I love a good background story.)

My theory is that instead of making the legendaries Gems to be found along your adventure, they've created games AROUND the legends.
But have still gone a little overboard. Okay, a lot overboard.

I'm gonna start with Gen III, because it was the first to take legends out of hand.
The mascot trio was Gamefreak's response to the outstanding success of Gold and Silver (which were based around legends and was a new concept at the time).
They realized the target audience (kids) LOVED Mewtwo, Lugia, Entei, etc. so probably decided to expand on the idea and build an ENTIRE story around the legends.
The Regis were the in-game accessible Gems you could find, that had quite a bit of lore. The sheer amount of work you had to put forth just to REACH the hidden chamber, then to decipher the Braille, THEN to locate the hidden ruins and figure out the puzzles made those three freakin irresistible. It was a brilliant move.
The Lati@s duo, Jirachi, and Deoxys were (I believe) just put there to be cool. They weren't mascots, they didn't have a lot of in-game hype - if any.
They were just cool Pokemon to brag about having.

Now Gen IV. Gawd, this took legends to a whole new level.
Again, we have the plot built around the mascots, giving them plenty of backstory and desirability.
The lake spirits, I can understand. They're key to the plot, so lots of backstory.
Regigigas was expanding on the brilliance of the trio from last time, and answered any questions we had like "Who the hell did they seal away in a far away land?" and "I thought one of them was supposed to be incredibly powerful and terrifying..."
Cresselia and Darkrai were a decent addition, but it was mainly their concept that did it for me. However, even including the two of them with all the other titans this time around was pushing it.
Finally; Manaphy, Heatran, Shaymin, Arceus and ESPECIALLY Phione.
They're all pointless additions, either as 'legend' status or at the point in the franchise's development.
No in-game hype, tons of real world hype but damn near NO accessibility.
AND WHY GIVE ONE OF THEM AN EFFING BABY?!
I can kind of see Heatran as being a legendary, mainly because they elaborated on him in Platinum, but even in that installation of the series he was pushing pointless 'legend' status.

And that brings me to my real problem. What defines a 'legend'?
Compared to Gens I and II, these recent additions are far more 'legendary' as they have more history/significance.
But having only a few more-difficult-than-normal to find/capture Pokemon with stories was so much more fun and rewarding.
At this point, it's more like what's-the-point-anymore-Japan's-the-only-country-that-gets-this-s***-anymore Pokemon.
Sure, God (Arceus) and some sprite that governs the feelings of the seas or whatever (Manaphy) definitely count as 'legends' (as do the rest of them), but did we need to have ALL of these at the same time?

IMO, they should have saved Arceus for the VERY last set of Pokemon,
they should have chosen between Manaphy and Shaymin,
they should have either excluded the damn baby or given it F-in meaning,
and they should have made Heatran something more like Lapras, Snorlax or Rotom; cooler than normal, but not a 'legend'.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
Now Gen IV. Gawd, this took legends to a whole new level.
Again, we have the plot built around the mascots, giving them plenty of backstory and desirability.
The lake spirits, I can understand. They're key to the plot, so lots of backstory.
Regigigas was expanding on the brilliance of the trio from last time, and answered any questions we had like "Who the hell did they seal away in a far away land?" and "I thought one of them was supposed to be incredibly powerful and terrifying..."
Cresselia and Darkrai were a decent addition, but it was mainly their concept that did it for me. However, even including the two of them with all the other titans this time around was pushing it.
Finally; Manaphy, Heatran, Shaymin, Arceus and ESPECIALLY Phione.
They're all pointless additions, either as 'legend' status or at the point in the franchise's development.
No in-game hype, tons of real world hype but damn near NO accessibility.
AND WHY GIVE ONE OF THEM AN EFFING BABY?!

gen IV had way too many legendaries... they should've stuck with palkia, dialga, giratina, arceus, and maybe cresselia and darkrai as the resident lati@s. oh, maybe the lake trio too. but the others.... not necessary. i really didn't get the point of regigigas, it seemed like he was just there... just to be there. and heatran doesn't seem like a legend at all to me, as heatran can have both genders; it even says in the pokedex that they make their homes...blablabla. i just really don't want them to overdo it this time with a crapload of legends you had to do a crapload more to get. like manaphy; that required getting a whole other game and beating it to a pulp just to get; oh wait, then you have to effin' breed him to get phione. wth is up with that?? gen IV (as far as legendaries) was practically an ad for various other games and movies; there was little point to many of the legends. and imo, they should've waited to do arceus until they had an equivalent omega pokemon.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:32 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 42  Next