It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:37 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mun'na doesn't have the same color scheme as Drowzee, though. Although, some weird stuff has happened before. And yeah, I just can't stand the fire thing. It's...well, bad. It looks like Tomokazu Komiya designed it. (LOL, read Frost's thread about him) The others aren't as bad as I expected. It's given me some hope for this generation.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Cactuar wrote:
Mun'na doesn't have the same color scheme as Drowzee, though.

Indeed. I believe it will be a separate family line.

The fire ape looks interesting!

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:04 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Just for clarification, Tomokazu Komiya doesn't have the talent to draw existing Pokemon, there's no way he could design a new one.

Just sayin.

If I haven't said it before, I love Gear, the bird, the rodent, the crocodile, and the electric horse. Not too fond of the fire Pokemon and the pink/floral Pokemon though. p.s. I don't know their japanese names, I just call them by whatever I feel like.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:23 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like the chinchilla.. but everything else looks a little too intentionally sweet? I don't really know how to explain it... it seems like they look like plushies for toddlers? Well they're definitely the opposite spectrum from the legends in terms of cuteness/coolness. I don't think they're bad though. But they look better in the magazine scans as opposed to cropped up.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c181/ ... oCoro1.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c181/ ... oCoro6.jpg

I'm probably more interested in the region at this stage. It looks to be a lot different layout than what we've usually gotten. Maybe there are regions within regions? EG: the main region is probably the city where you have towns and stuff. Once you conquer that you can go on to explore the mountains, countryside... That Pokeball lake thing looks like it will be some sort of Battle Frontier.

I've hated the overworld videos I've seen so far but who knows? Maybe they've just shown the bad videos.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c181/ ... oCoro5.jpg

Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:02 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DragonPhoenix wrote:
I'm probably more interested in the region at this stage. It looks to be a lot different layout than what we've usually gotten. Maybe there are regions within regions? EG: the main region is probably the city where you have towns and stuff. Once you conquer that you can go on to explore the mountains, countryside... That Pokeball lake thing looks like it will be some sort of Battle Frontier.

you mean like how in dppt you could only get to the battle frontier thingy after you beat the champ?? with the desert (spelling?? one or two s's?? lolz) and the mountain and the little ocean path, it almost was like a mini-region, imo. but i srsly hope it's not based mostly around a city (the region, i mean) as i like the routes and whatnot.
EDIT: thanks to spoinkable for clearing up the spelling on "desert." lolz

Last edited by rex09 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

XD, Krisp is right. And yes, Electric Horse is awesome. I...don't like Mun'na that much. Maybe it will grow on me.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
dessert (spelling?? one or two s's?? lolz)

desert

dessert is a yummy treat that has more S's.
I think of it like 'Yesssssssss, time for dessert!!!'

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
rex09 wrote:
dessert (spelling?? one or two s's?? lolz)

desert

dessert is a yummy treat that has more S's.
I think of it like 'Yesssssssss, time for dessert!!!'

see, okay, that's what i thought, but i doubted myself for some reason.... will fix that here in a sec. thanks.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You know... now that I've looked at them for a little while, a few of the newest releases are starting to grow on me.

Hate to admit it, but I see DEFINITE evolution-potential with them. Damn you hindsight!

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:48 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Wow...really, they wait until the weekend my internet gets cut off to exploud on the scene with all this great new stuff, fantastic...

1. I am going to be happy about them finally giving us a female professor in a game until well after the game has finally come out where I live, & they managed to keep her looking like a professor which I though if they were to ever do this, wouldn't be to possible without adding more age to her appearance but I was clearly wrong apparently...

2. The new PokeDex looks fantastic & fits in well with what places in the Region have been revealed so far...

3. I see not one but 2 mountains in the Isshu Region picture which excites me much...

4. My opinions on the pokemon are as followed;

Hihidaruma = this design is way better then {chimchar} design & to get to an actually relevent opinion now, the I guess eyebrows look awesome & the only thing I don't like about this pokemon's appearance is it's mouth which is unneccessarily huge, other then that, awesome...

Shimama = It's supposed attack/ability(?) "Wild Bolt" sends a bad message my way but I hope I'm wrong about my doubts there, appearance wise I wish it was a Electric/Dark Type combo as it would fit perfectly with it's black, gray & so on color scheme & also, I like that it looks like a Zebra with a unusual color scheme, this again shows that they are really doing better with Electric type pokemon in general which I am happy to see...

Meguroko = Oh where do I start, Crocadile like, Ground/Dark combo, & it's ability "Earthquake Spiral" is supposely incredible which pleases me to avail, I am definetely looking for this pokemon when I start my journey to test it's potiential, 1 of the best revealed this time around, clearly...

Mamepato = Okay, I like that it looks like those pigeons that I see when downtown that seem to not be wussies when people get close to them but I dislike that it's design, mainly color wise is too simular to {starly} that was a Gen 4 pokemon, that was just last generation & the color scheme & somewhat it's design is simular to this degree, however I like it's ability "Pigeon Heart" as finally a ability will supposely stop opponent's from lowering the DEF stats, I just hope that it isn't another Physical attack friendly bird pokemon as I want to see a bird pokemon early on that has SPATK potiential, this doesn't seem likely though with it's other ability "Super Luck" which isn't new *sign*...

Munna = I hope this is a baby evolution pokemon cause if not, I will be disapointed cause it doesn't have enough details to me for it to be a basic evolution pokemon, I however like it's appearance which tells me that it's a cutie & at the same time, it's attack/ability(?) "Telekenesis" seems to only be there to reverse Gravity but why do this to the opponent more importantly?...I'll see I guess, hope this pokemon will be able to utilize the move "Dream Eater" properly or there will be even more disapointment there for me...

Gear = Weird, weird name considering that it's a pokemon but anywho, I am always welcoming of repeat or simular species as that is how it is in the REAL WORLD, you have multiple kinds of fish & multiple kinds of birds so this pokemon is definetley 1 of the best shown imo as I like it's appearance, I bet it will be a delight at the end of the day as it's looks so unorthodox with the x shaped eye & the round nose & the literal Gear shape which is weird for a pokemon also, & I like it's new attack/ability(?) "Gear Saucer"...

Chiramii = I am glad to actually see a normal type pokemon that I will be interested in early game most likely as I have yet to see even 1 unless it was a Normal/Flying Type combo, it's attack/ability(?) "Sweep Slap" is interesting & I am glad to see it with the ability "Technician" as it might just go well with this pokemon, appearance wise it looks very, very adorable & I hope it's around {pichu} height cause it will just look awesome like that but I am disapointed that it doesn't have the "Pick Up" ability...

5. As far as Reshiram & Zekrom goes = I am disapointed in Reshiram having to Fire Type instead of the Ice Type, now it's all typical chasing with Fire & Lightning as they are both mostly destructive elements, Zekrom's type combo makes me happy however as finally we have an Dragon/Electric Type combo & I am glad they gave it to a Legendary as it is fitting really, I would say the same about Reshiram's typing but now it doesn't appeal as much as it did before(alongside Zekrom that is anyway), no no, I'll admit, I am glad to finally see a Dragon/Fire Type combo as it was dangerously overdue, just that the pokemon that got it could have looked alittle more suiting to the type combo which Reshiram does not unless it spits White or even Blue Fire, all this & I still like Reshiram better then Zekrom, still & btw I love the Black Yin & White Yang naming for their species names, meh...

6. As far as Zorua & Zoroark goes = I am somewhat not looking forward to the way of obtaining these 2 pokemon as, what if they don't do the Celebi Event where enough people can actually get access to Celebi or the Shiny Legendary Beasts(Suicune, etc.), that would be a tradegy, that being said Zoroark's new attack sounds promising name wise & can someone please tell me if Zorua evolves into Zoroark or not cause I surprisely have no clue on this anymore...

Well, I'm done now & my favorite pokemon revealed is between the crocodile, ape & zebra & my favorite thing revealed is Dr. Araragi...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:22 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

None of you seem to understand what the fire type really is. If you look at his eyes and his name (Hihidaruma) he is CLEARLY based of of a Daruma Doll, he's supposed to have crazy looking eyes because Bodhidharma cut his eyelids off in order to keep from falling asleep whilst meditating, I guess this specific Pokemon doesnt share the trait of not having legs, because Daruma dolls dont, but whatever. I happen to like all of them except for Munna and Gear. Gear looks too simple and I don't like that the gears have one faulty eye each, it just bugs me... Also Munna is epic fail... It looks like a foot ball thats tip was somehow bent down and then the whole thing was painted pink and flowers were painted on it... I like the Electric Zebra/horse its kind of cool, reminds me of Girafarig, a Pokemon I happened to like, but never used... Like Mauwile. My favorite so far is Hihdaruma, the fire type. So yeah, everyone was bitching about Hihidaruma but nobody paid any attention to what he was. Doesn't anybody know about history or legends and myth?

PS I'm calling it, the Professors english name is going to be Prof. Yew. Screw Orchid.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:37 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Uhhh...just by looking at the pictures I can honestly say...I hate them! Ok not ALL of them are completely bad, the chinchilla's ok and the crocodile...uhh he's ok looking too(?) ESPECIALLY Mun'na and Gear. Ok Here's how i rate them so far...
Oh and the Prof. Uhh weird she's going to be the only female Prof. actually in the games so far...

Chiramii (Chinchilla)-Cute. Maybe the only decent one from the seven.

Mamepato (Pidgeon)-Ok he's ok but I don't like his look too much but at the same time i do.

Gear (Gearz...)-REALLY?! Fricken twin gearz named Gear! It's like a rip off of magnemite/magneton and plusle and minun (due to abilities) and it just kinda sucks...

Mun'na (Dream Eater)- NO WAY! I hate it with every bone in my body! Not only does it look like a fat pig/elephant thing that's copied off of Drowzee but...it like has an aura that makes u hate it!

Hihidaruma (Ape)-Really...He's easily dislikable but at the same time kinda cute. Y'know the brute-looking pokemon have to sometimes have cute uhh...personalities. Plus he looks kinda familiar...somehow.

Shimama (Zebra)-He's average but for some reason unknown I don't really like him too much.

Meguroko (Crocodile)-He's ok and I do kinda like him and he too looks familiar.

Later that same day... :)
Also nevermind my mean comments on most of them especially Mun'na, somehow i've already gotten used to her.
Plus yes I do think Mun'na is somehow related to Drowzee in a way but maybe not through evolution and maybe it will just say in the pokedex "close cousins to drowzee" or somethin.
And I too think it to be strange to be girly physically on a Pokemon
(weird talk is fun, but immature, but fun :) )

Last edited by AnimeFreak_98 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wowzers...More new stuff (I'm so slow without internet).
The whole thing is growing on me more and more now, can't they just bring it out already instead of teasing us? ;__ ;
I'm still to buy HG or SS but meh, think i'll just wait for B/W OR until any decent events for HG/SS come out in the UK, near me anyway.
And it's a horse...should be Zebra imo.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:27 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I think the "electric horse" is supposed to be a zebra :p

Hmm...concerning Munna:

I think we've established that it is probably related to Drowzee/Hypno. It's psychic, it's the "dream eater" pokemon, it has a "trunk", etc. etc. Consider this, though... sure, pre-evos are cutesy, but when was the last time you saw one that was physically gender-neutral and girly? Look at the color scheme, eyelashes, and floral patterns. IF these species are related somehow, I predict that the evolution line will go the same route as that of snorunt and kirlia. Male drowzees will become hypnos, and female drowzees can become either hypnos or munnas.

...or this could be wishful thinking because I happen to have an extra shiny drowzee.

Feh.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Savage Hunter wrote:
None of you seem to understand what the fire type really is. If you look at his eyes and his name (Hihidaruma) he is CLEARLY based of of a Daruma Doll, he's supposed to have crazy looking eyes because Bodhidharma cut his eyelids off in order to keep from falling asleep whilst meditating, I guess this specific Pokemon doesnt share the trait of not having legs, because Daruma dolls dont, but whatever. So yeah, everyone was bitching about Hihidaruma but nobody paid any attention to what he was. Doesn't anybody know about history or legends and myth?

jeez, man, calm down. for me, it just never came to mind. plus, i never really looked closely at the pokemon in the first place. and i'll bet since you're japanese (you speak it and know the traditions, so i'm gonna assume here) you might know a bit more about it than most of us. but kudos for clearing that up.
anyways....
the electric horse thingy looks like an okapi, or zebra. probably more zebra than okapi. out of this batch, i'd say it's my favorite, with the croc being my second fave. i see what everyone's talking about with the squashed-football poke (as far as the relationship to drowzee) but the color scheme's wrong, dontcha think?? could just be me on that one, though....

Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:39 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

rex09 wrote:
Savage Hunter wrote:
None of you seem to understand what the fire type really is. If you look at his eyes and his name (Hihidaruma) he is CLEARLY based of of a Daruma Doll, he's supposed to have crazy looking eyes because Bodhidharma cut his eyelids off in order to keep from falling asleep whilst meditating, I guess this specific Pokemon doesnt share the trait of not having legs, because Daruma dolls dont, but whatever. So yeah, everyone was bitching about Hihidaruma but nobody paid any attention to what he was. Doesn't anybody know about history or legends and myth?

jeez, man, calm down. for me, it just never came to mind. plus, i never really looked closely at the pokemon in the first place. and i'll bet since you're japanese (you speak it and know the traditions, so i'm gonna assume here) you might know a bit more about it than most of us. but kudos for clearing that up.
anyways....
the electric horse thingy looks like an okapi, or zebra. probably more zebra than okapi. out of this batch, i'd say it's my favorite, with the croc being my second fave. i see what everyone's talking about with the squashed-football poke (as far as the relationship to drowzee) but the color scheme's wrong, dontcha think?? could just be me on that one, though....

I know, but it was annoying me because everyone was hating on him. D: He's awesome. Anyways, but yeah, I am Japanese but dont you think that people who play a game with a lot of this stuff (folklore and myth) in it, some people would notice? ... Anyways, The Electric horse is my favorite at the moment, then Hihidaruma actually. I really like the elctric horse, because he's more than likely goig to evolve, and when he does I can imagine it, its going to be badass.

PS Shimama, the horse, is a zebra. Its name Shimama is Zebra in Japanese... Its just missing a "U" Zebra in Japanese is Shimauma. SO, yeah, its a zebra. Just wanted to clear that up...

Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If the gears evolve, they'll jump to my favorite with no questions asked.
However, if they stay the way they are, they're my least lol.

I LOVE THUNDERZEBRA!!!

And Flame Monkey Doll dude is actually pretty cool. And now that I know what he's modeled after, my opinion of him has increased exponentially.
Thanks Savage Hunter for that.

Also, I like the crocodile simply because of his typing. Ground/Dark? Cool.
I wonder what his role in battle will be...
Wait, no that's a stupid thing to ponder. He'll more than likely be a physical sweeper based on his ability that RELIES on stuff to die by his hand.

Pink thing is a POS. The only reason it could be redeemed in my eyes is if it has a BA evo or a killer moveset.

The other two have made no substantial impression upon me.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:57 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I actually believe that maybe Munna isn't connected to {drowzee} in pretty much anyway, I see it more simular to {shaymin} (not in appearance neccessarily, ok?) as they are both small & cute & stand on 4 legs & I know they don't have the same typing but are both "floral" themed, however, I guessing it's either a pokemon that isn't that useful in battle(like Ditto, etc.) or a Baby Evolution Pokemon that becomes something else via evolution of course maybe with wings that of course can freely enter people's dreams & I guess Eat them or maybe something else altogether, at least I hope so anyway...

Also, I don't really care about what mythical creatures some pokemon are based on as it doesn't help in the least bit when deciding which ones I like & dislike be they great or not, however I hope that Hihidaruma shoots Fire out of it's nostrils cause that would be unique & awesome imo...

Lastly, my favorite at this time is none other then Meguroko & why, because it's an interesting Ground Type with a supposed awesome ability that makes it more a threat when it defeats an opponent pokemon...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:03 pm
The Geek
The Geek

Lawence Codye wrote:
I actually believe that maybe Munna isn't connected to {drowzee} in pretty much anyway, I see it more simular to {shaymin} (not in appearance neccessarily, ok?) as they are both small & cute & stand on 4 legs & I know they don't have the same typing but are both "floral" themed

What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

lol...that was hilarious but do understand that that was just a personal opinion, nothing to pay much attention to cause I'm almost sure nobody will possibly see it, again, it's not neccessarily the appearance per say, it's something though...

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Has anyone seen the new Pokedex?

Looks like a phone to me.

First impressions:
Chiramii - Looks pretty cute but will probably be relegated to HM slave duty, just like Sentret/Furret before it.

Munna - Oh god oh god. Ugliest thing ever. Where is its face!
I doubt it will be a pre-evo or a post-evo to the Drowzee line, though; there's too much of a difference for me.

Giaru - Pretty nice design. But is the actual Pokemon TWO gears, or ONE? Hard for me to tell. Extremely original, though.

Mamepato - Looks exactly like a pigeon, hehe. I should know, I live in New York City. It's somewhat like a cross between Pidgey and Starly though (and is probably the Gen5 analogue of the aforementioned), so I probably won't be using it unless it gets really good stats later on

Hihidaruma - I guess it looks okay, I don't really have any major feelings here. For some reason I have this feeling that it won't evolve.

Shimama - IS A ZEBRA. Even if this has a crap moveset and stats I'll probably be using it for the typing and for the PURE UNADULTERATED AWESOMENESS.

Meguroko - Looks like a nice typing; etc. etc. Not much more that I can say for him that hasn't already been said.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Lightshayde wrote:
Has anyone seen the new Pokedex?

Looks like a phone to me.

Giaru - Pretty nice design. But is the actual Pokemon TWO gears, or ONE? Hard for me to tell. Extremely original, though.

I have, see?!

Lawence Codye wrote:
2. The new PokeDex looks fantastic & fits in well with what places in the Region have been revealed so far...

& yes it does look like a phone & to the other thing...the answer to that is that it's a pokemon consisting of 2 Gears & to prove my point...just take a look at the battle scene going on in the background of Giaru's Image & you will see the thing that proves my point demonstrating Giaru's new multi-hit attack...

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:52 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:

Also, I don't really care about what mythical creatures some pokemon are based on as it doesn't help in the least bit when deciding which ones I like & dislike be they great or not, however I hope that Hihidaruma shoots Fire out of it's nostrils cause that would be unique & awesome imo...

Well, it seemed to improve someone's opinion of him, so I would assume it would improve the opinions of many others. However, its your choice whether or not to care about it, I just disagree, and believe if they're based off something cool then it makes them that much cooler.

But to talk about the Pokedex. Its a pokedex, I don't really care... It serves its purpose. I don't really care about its looks, I just care about the interface.

PS Anybody wanna take a crack at evolutions in the fanart section?

Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Savage Hunter wrote:
Well, it seemed to improve someone's opinion of him, so I would assume it would improve the opinions of many others. However, its your choice whether or not to care about it, I just disagree, and believe if they're based off something cool then it makes them that much cooler.

Yeah, yeah, whatever, I say that it's the "After" & not the "Before" that does it for me...After being the Pokemon that was made based on the creature of myth, the creature of myth being the "Before"...just because something is based on a certain thing doesn't always mean that it will turn out in cooler, lamer, more awesome, more terrible, so-so, better or worse then the thing it's based off of...& this is just an opinion & nothing more...

that being said, the Pokemon B&W website sure updates oddly close to what is considered leaks of content via a monthly magazine, weird but fantastic nontheless...

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was looking at the new pictures today, and it looks like we are going to have another stupid desert level. great.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:46 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 42  Next