It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
THE POWER IS ON!

Corocoro only leaked a couple of days ahead of schedule. The official Japanese site likely added the new BW content around the time that Corocoro was intended to be released.

A few tidbits about the basis of the new Pokemon:

• Mamepato is said to be a baby pigeon. It's pretty obvious, but the "pato" in its name is also Japanese for pigeon, so there's more confirmation.

• Shimama seems to be a zebra, rather than a horse, even though it doesn't have a lot of stripes. "Shima" means "stripe" in Japanese.

• Hihidaruma has been reported as an ape, but the "hihi" part of its name is Japanese for "baboon."

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

on the pokedex: as long as i can navigate it easily, doesn't really matter.

on the sprites for some of the new pokemon (specifically, zekrom and reshiram): reshiram's sprite makes me like it better, but zekrom's seems.... off somehow. i dislike how long his arms are in it. but that's just me.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@ rex09: I know right! Like, compare the Sugimori Sprites to the In-Game Sprites.

Sugimori Art-Image compared to In-Game Sprite-Image
Sugimori Art-Image compared to In-Game Sprite-Image

The Zekrom In-Game Sprite looks a little off from the Sugimori Art. The Resiram In-Game Sprite looks good compared to the Sugimori Art.

Well, that's just my opinion.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Those things are going to be extremely hard to sprite with. I am not looking forward to that.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ryanh181 wrote:
Those things are going to be extremely hard to sprite with. I am not looking forward to that.

the only thing you could really take from those that would be worth anything are the tails, imo.... but then, of course some n00b will ask for a combo of it and something else and never use it... (once sunnyshore gets up and running, anyways....speaking of which, i will make a shop!!! for spriting or chaining, depending on if i get good enough at either)
@pokemon_god: reshiram is spot-on. zekrom got.... misrepresented, imo. who agrees??

Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:27 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

rex09 wrote:
Ryanh181 wrote:

the only thing you could really take from those that would be worth anything are the tails, imo.... but then, of course some n00b will ask for a combo of it and something else and never use it... (once sunnyshore gets up and running, anyways....speaking of which, i will make a shop!!! for spriting or chaining, depending on if i get good enough at either)
@pokemon_god: reshiram is spot-on. zekrom got.... misrepresented, imo. who agrees??

Yeah, in the Sugimori art he looks big and proud and strong. The sprite reminds me of when I draw pictures too big, so then I have too make them bend there elbows to make them fit. Like they didn't really acount for his size making the sprite and so they hunched him over and bent his arm in, it makes him look like a wannabe giant assassin. I like the notion of a pokemon that looks dark that seems proud and strong, rather than being a sleazball coward (I KNOW he's not dark type, he's electric, but I'm just saying, darker looking things {in stories and such} usually are made out to be kind of tricky or fast or clever.)

PS People are wondering why Reshiram is fire and dragon. Ever hear the term white-hot?

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:20 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I say the thing is about Zekrom's sprite has something to do with maybe the perspective that the Sugimori Art was drawn at compared to the perspective of the Sprite so I say that aside from it looking a tiny bit chubby, I don't see any actual problems with it's sprite, well I don't anyway...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:51 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

It looks like and iPod nano or classic to me.

^Link to mah shop. Click it.^

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
I say the thing is about Zekrom's sprite has something to do with maybe the perspective that the Sugimori Art was drawn at compared to the perspective of the Sprite so I say that aside from it looking a tiny bit chubby, I don't see any actual problems with it's sprite, well I don't anyway...

to me, zekrom just seems a bit out of proportion... but you could be right, perspective probably has something to do with it. still, i wish it looked a little better... tho tbh, i think the only thing they messed up on with reshiram (not zekrom) is he looks like a fat chicken (sorry, just my opinion). with big wings. and a tail that would probably blow you away with a beam of energy if he farted. lol but you get my point.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:50 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

rex09 wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

to me, zekrom just seems a bit out of proportion... but you could be right, perspective probably has something to do with it. still, i wish it looked a little better... tho tbh, i think the only thing they messed up on with reshiram (not zekrom) is he looks like a fat chicken (sorry, just my opinion). with big wings. and a tail that would probably blow you away with a beam of energy if he farted. lol but you get my point.

Wow, your right. Reshiram's sprite makes him way too fat. Thats messed up.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Savage Hunter wrote:
rex09 wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

Wow, your right. Reshiram's sprite makes him way too fat. Thats messed up.

you know, we should start a contest in the games forum to see who can make a better sprite for any of the G5 pokemon (if anyone). based on the sugimori art, tho.
but yeah, somehow those two seemed to get messed up. but maybe the idle animations will make up for it. or a single frame in them lol.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Zekrom sprite is meh. Reshiram's looks awesome. Yes, Zekrom was "mis-represented".

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Savage Hunter wrote:
Yeah, in the Sugimori art he looks big and proud and strong. The sprite reminds me of when I draw pictures too big, so then I have too make them bend there elbows to make them fit. Like they didn't really acount for his size making the sprite and so they hunched him over and bent his arm in, it makes him look like a wannabe giant assassin.

THANK YOU for being specific with your analysis and not just saying "yeah it was done wrong."

However, just to add to the opinions, I don't see what the heck anyone's talking about.
I can kinda see how Reshiram is a little fatter, but I think they both look fine.
You're just seeing them on the same plane rather than from underneath.
If we're gonna nitpick like this about sprites vs. Sugimori Art, Alakazam's eyes are too big and his feet are too small in the sprites now.
Oh, and Kricketune's antennae are way too long and thick in his sprite.

Lol, sorry for being an A-hole, but I think Reshi's and Zek's sprites look OK.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

look- if its gonna be 3-d attized then it will be hard to do super elabrate stuff. and when is there gonna be a black professor?
and what kind of tree would he be?

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

KingErick wrote:
look- if its gonna be 3-d attized then it will be hard to do super elabrate stuff. and when is there gonna be a black professor?

Prof. Ebony, duh.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

KingErick wrote:

Unfortunately, there aren't really any black people in Japan, and that's why you don't see too many black people in Japanese games.

If it ever did happen, it'd probably be an English version thing, like Battle Revolution.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:47 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

lol at a black Professor. There's never been a black character in any Pokemon game (except for Rosie in Pokemon Battle Revolution, and that was just a skin tone change outside of Japan) so how about we hope for a black character in general before demanding specifics? It took five sets of games to even get a woman with the same skin tone as the other four Professors in that role. Except for fighting games because they usually have a worldwide roster of characters, you could literally count the number of black characters featured in Japanese games on one hand. Barret from Final Fantasy VII and......................

Although, it's not really official that any of these characters are supposed to be WHITE despite their skin tone either. The Pokemon games all take place in Japan, so the most logical thing to assume is that they are all Asian characters, unless specified otherwise in the case of Lt. Surge and Fantina.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:11 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
THANK YOU for being specific with your analysis and not just saying "yeah it was done wrong."

who was just saying it was done wrong?? i said i didn't like the arms, and then i went on to say that i agreed with lawence codye in that perspective probably had something to do with it. unless you're talking about the comments on the main page, which i haven't read/posted in....
and i agree with you in that it would be Professor Ebony. but like Gallade Roxas said, unlikely to happen. (jeez, i sound like someone who's just jumping on the bandwagon here.... lolz).

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is Brock black? All my friends say he is, but I think he's just tanned.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
There's never been a black character in any Pokemon game (except for Rosie in Pokemon Battle Revolution

What about that girl from the Battle Arcade in Platinum? She's black.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:23 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think the Zekrom sprite is misrepresented, sure, but it looks good nonetheless.

K, Dahlia is SO black.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:28 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Brock and Dahlia are not black characters. Gamefreak are pretty much the leaders in stereotyping, so it's pretty easy to tell Gamefreak's intent through the origins of their characters by looking at their Japanese names. Brock's is Takeshi, which is a Japanese name. Dahlia's is Dahlia, which isn't Japanese but it also surely isn't a name for a black character. (My guesses would be Indian or Hispanic.) Fantina, who is a foreign character to the Pokemon region, has the "exotic" name of Melissa. One of these things is not like the others.

If Gamefreak wanted us to think they were black, I'm sure they would be WAY more stereotypical about it. Brock would have an afro and a gold tooth and Dahlia would have braids/a weave and a big ass or something. Just look at how they designed Lt. Surge, for example. Blonde hair, army rat, big muscles and way taller than any other character in the Kanto Region. Also prone to cockiness and shouting out expletives like "God damn!" in the Japanese version. He's pretty much the ultra stereotype of how Japanese people see white Americans.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've always wondered why there are few non-white characters in Pokemon games, especially considering they are made in Japan. Adding to what Frost said, Gary was a stereotypical American teenager, lol.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:

If Gamefreak wanted us to think they were black, I'm sure they would be WAY more stereotypical about it. Brock would have an afro and a gold tooth and Dahlia would have braids/a weave and a big ass or something. Just look at how they designed Lt. Surge, for example. Blonde hair, army rat, big muscles and way taller than any other character in the Kanto Region. Also prone to cockiness and shouting out expletives like "God damn!" in the Japanese version. He's pretty much the ultra stereotype of how Japanese people see white Americans.

ROFL

Then why aren't there pointy Asian eyes??

And a pimped out black chick would be funny :D

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ryanh181 wrote:
Is Brock black? All my friends say he is, but I think he's just tanned.

Who cares?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:18 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 42  Next