It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Cinnabar Island - Cinnabar Mansion, chilling with the fire pokemon.
Mektar.. Hihidaruma is what happens when an Infernape hangs out at a PokePub with a Heatran. 9 Coronas later a Hihidaruma pops out.

The body and posture = Heatran..
The fur = Monferno (obviously. >_>)
Hands and feet = Chimchar
and it's even got a bit of Infernape in there. It's eyebrows = yellow curls on Infernapes hands, knees and chest. >_> So yeeeah. I'd say that it does indeed look quite a bit like an off-branch of Chimchar's family.

But I was saying that just for the sake of being impossible. lol.. Initially anyway. Now. Yes. I've actually backed that up.

Now.. I can't see how that white Legendary is a fire-type, nor Zerkom being electric. I honestly thought that it was gonna be a dark/dragon type and the other was gonna be a Flying/Dragon type.. y'know... because it kinda looks like a giant chicken to me. (minus the beak) But then again, I must be high as a kite right now since these pokemon look nothing like what I'm pitching that they look right, right Mektar? lol

Y'know? There should totally be a Bug/Dragon legendary. Now THAT looks interesting.

And now... I hold out for a Fire/Electric pokemon of win. *Fingers crossed* >_<

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i think they released these pokemon now because of the fact that they're a bit more mundane than others (not saying i hate them). and we never know, they may all have beast evos. though i have to say, the pink blob and the pidgeon are not quite my cup of tea (if you get what i mean). my faves are the electric horse and the desert croc.
so, we finally have a female professor!!! hmmm, i'll bet she's called.... Professor Maple!!! no, that can't be right. Professor Banana (as in a banana tree... XD) lol. but really, what do you guys think it'll be??

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

[quote="Emin Jofit"]I look at it this way:
The mouse is just another damn rodent Pokemon they've forced on us because they've run out of ideas.

be hold a choice banded giga impact rodent thing

i am evil

{munchlax}

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
so, we finally have a female professor!!! hmmm, i'll bet she's called.... Professor Maple!!! no, that can't be right. Professor Banana (as in a banana tree... XD) lol. but really, what do you guys think it'll be??

Well, her name is Japanese is 'Araragi' (I think). I'm not sure what that translates into.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade Roxas wrote:
rex09 wrote:

Well, her name is Japanese is 'Araragi' (I think). I'm not sure what that translates into.

i asked my mom, and she said she doesn't know what it means. they may have a different tradition over there anyways, like how our professors are all named after trees.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well just remember that not all Asian names have a deeper meaning T_T

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, Rowan's Japanese name translates into "Rowan tree", so I'm wondering if 'Araragi' translates into the tree she'll be named after in the English version.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Araragi means orchid. So, there ya go.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ahh, so it's Professor Orchid then. Has a nice ring to it, I guess.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think all the new Pokemon are pretty good. My favorite is definetely the chinchilla, followed closely by the alligator. There was no real dissapointment, but the pig doesn't look like a pig and the gears were a bit surprising.
I've been waiting for a Fire/Dragon type my whole life. Finally! Thank you Gamefreak! I'm getting Black now, no matter how much better White may be. Electric/Dragon is cool too, just not as much.
A female professor, eh? Orchid's a good guess, but I don't think there's such thing as an orchid tree. You have to be able to put the word tree at the end of the name and see if it makes sense. I'm thinking some feminine name (obviously), something like Maple. Or maybe Beech. She could be Professor Birch's twin sister. Birch and Beech. I like it. I could see the sitcoms raging right now.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ahem. Her name translates to Orchid. Or Yew.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

According to Wikipedia, there is indeed such a thing as an "orchid tree".

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well those were kind of meh. The fire-ape thing looks ugly at first glance but it kind of gives a fierce attitude I'm liking slowly over time. I'm not comparing them to older pokes, Krisp, just to clarify.

It's funny how hippos and gators live in aquatic habitats yet are made ground types. Interesting.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

the starters look okay but the other seven?

OH MY GOD, MY EYES. SOMEONE GOUGE THEM OUT WITH A SPORK TO SPARE ME THIS HORROR!!!!

Chimarii- doesn't look TOO bad but still looks far too generic with no real personality to it. It's like someone took Pikachu and stripped away his sweet lightning abilities leaving him with big cutesy-wutesy eyes and not much else.

Mamepato- can you say "Starly clone". At least the other abominations on this list were original in some way.

Gear- What the $^#& IS that thing? a poor mans magneton? and giving it the completely useless plus and minus abilities only makes it even more atrocious.

Mun'na- Okay, i actually think this guy could be kind of cute, sort of like a pig version of jigglypuff, but once again they went overboard on the details and stuck on stupid flowers for no freaking reason. "Less is more"- please learn that lesson or i will have to murder you.

Hihidaruma- Those eyes make him look like some crazed drug addict, and if your going to call something an ape it might help to make it actually LOOK like an ape, just a suggestion.

Shimama- When someone says "horse pokemon" i think of Rapidash; Fast, regal and majestic. What is THIS thing supposed to be. This could be better if it was taller and had longer legs so it actually looked like proper horse and not some mutant pony.

Meguroko- A crocodile is automatically awesome on account of being a goddamn crocodile. but somehow not even belonging to such a badass species can save this disaster from epic visual failure. At least change those horrible eyes.

If the rest of the pokemon in this generation follow this trend of being eye-bleedingly awful (which they will be, after all you don't stop when your on a roll, right?) then there is no way i'm going to be buying this game. Pokemon has had a good run but I think it's finally time for the giant to fall.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:57 am
THE POWER IS ON!

People who accuse the pigeon of being a "Starly clone" just don't get it. Since when was Starly ever "original"? It was Sinnoh's token early-game bird, being based on a starling and having no real unique features, just like Pidgey (a pigeon), Spearow (a sparrow), Hoothoot (an owl) and Taillow (a swallow) before it. Hey, that's also kind of like the new bird that fits this archetype, only replace "starling" with "pigeon"! GASP! Does this mean the pigeon is just the next in the line of early game birds and calling it a "Starly clone" might be silly?! If anything it'd be a Pidgey clone, but they don't even look that similar.

Like Krisp, I'm very tired of all of the baseless comparisons between the new Pokemon and older Pokemon. Just because something has four legs and a similar body shape doesn't mean it's automatically a clone of an older Pokemon. Sure, I can see why people would compare Hihidaruma with Infernape. They're Fire-types with a similar basis. But, sorry, Hihidaruma does NOT look like Heatran or Mamoswine or whatever other ridiculous comparisons people are making (not in this thread, but in the Talkbacks on the main site).

Same applies to Gears and Magneton. Gears is two gears. Magneton is three magnets. In the real world, you're just as likely to see a gear next to other gears as you are to see magnets next to other magnets; so, despite both being groups of metal objects, Gears isn't the new Magneton. And, hilariously, I've yet to see anybody bitch about the crocodile because it ACTUALLY SHARES THE SAME BASIS AS TOTODILE. This fandom kills me with its inconsistencies sometimes.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:41 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I think I'm the only one that agrees with you about the bird, Frost. All generations need an early game bird. However, they could have made this one more original by makeing it a BlueJay, Cardinal, or Finch.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:16 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Gallade Roxas wrote:
According to Wikipedia, there is indeed such a thing as an "orchid tree".

Okay then, maybe she could be Professor Orchid. But I prefer my theory that Birch and Beech are twins.

Also, I think that the bird is pretty good. All games need an early-bird Pokemon. There also has to be a bug and some sort of electric rodent, and we haven't seen those yet.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:17 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

My opinions on the recently revealed Pokemon.

Chiramii (normal chinchilla) - Oh, my God, why is this little, fluffy thing so adorable? I love the big ears and the cute expression, and I can't wait to see its evolution! It's funny how I love most of the early-game Normal types.

Mamepato (pidgeon) - Wow, I just fell in love with this little pidgeon fellow! I guess it can't be helped, considering the heart pattern on its chest! I'm not a fan of pidgeons, but this baby is just overflowing with adorableness. <3

Gear (twin gear) - Ehh... I'm not quite sure about this one. I can't say I like it, but I don't dislike it either. It kinda has a funny expression, though.

Mun'na (flower dream eater) - Hm. I'm divided about this guy. I think it's based on the Baku, the dream-eating tapir of Japanese mythology, and while I really like it's model, I didn't like this guy's design. I thought Grumpig was actually a Baku, and perhaps, it's also based on the Baku, but Mun'na seems to be the official one. Well, it's design is really abstract, which is somewhat "right" considering it is a Psychic type and a dream eater spirit, but I didn't really like its... face.

Hihidaruma (fire smiling ape) - Uhh... I guess this is my new least favorite Gen. 5 Pokemon. I just didn't like this thing at all. Only the firey eyebrows, for some (weird) reason.

Shimama (electric horse) - I love this guy! Even though the muzzle isn't exactly horse-like, I actually like how it looks because it gives the impression Shimama is a little toy horse, all adorable and friendly! I thought it would be the "Zebra" Pokemon, but I guess it isn't at all that wrong. <3

Meguroko (desert crocodile) - Heh. He looks funny and cute at the same time. I like its smile; it looks like it has cheeks. True, I didn't like the goggly-eyes so much, but I guess it makes sense since it is native to the desert. I like it! :)

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'll brave the flaming to say that the idea of a dream-eating tapir has already been used for {drowzee}. Same type, same concept, same animal (more or less). But since I said in an earlier post I will refrain from comparison, I'll just say that psychic pig/tapirs are becoming a new niche just like these pokes:

{butterfree} {beedrill} {dustox} {mothim}

{pidgeot} {staraptor} {noctowl} {swellow}

{raticate} {furret} {linoone} {bibarel}

{nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior}

I AM a fan of 'niche' pokemon, afterall.

P.S.

The electric horse/zebra really looks more like an okapi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okapi

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It reminds me a lot of the early concept art for Girafarig.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:40 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

AceTrainer wrote:
I'll brave the flaming to say that the idea of a dream-eating tapir has already been used for {drowzee}. Same type, same concept, same animal (more or less). But since I said in an earlier post I will refrain from comparison, I'll just say that psychic pig/tapirs are becoming a new niche just like these pokes

Ah, that's true! I had completely forgotten about Drowzee! I guess I mentioned Grumpig because I love it and I'm not a big fan of Drowzee on the other hand.

And, yeah, Shimama looks like an Okapi. I didn't know that animal until you mentioned it. It's cute. :)

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

^Damnit, beat me to the punch. X(

Bu in all seriousness, Mun'na looks like a flowery Drowsee pre-evo. It is the Dream Eater Poke or so. I personally like Drowsee/Hypno, I prefer them over the Abra species.

Most of the new ones kinda dissapoint me. Especially the fire ape. We have enough of those. The Chinchilla sparked my interest, lets hope it's not gonna be a useless Jigglypuff.

Oh, and last thing. Am I mistaken or is Gear's (originality for the loss) ability Plus/Minus? Isn't that Plusle/Minun stuff?

Bah.

EDIT: Oh, plus Mun'na has a small trunkish thing on it's head, like Drowsee. My accusations are becoming slightly believable :D

Last edited by Isosceles on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Isosceles wrote:
But in all seriousness, Mun'na looks like a flowery Drowsee pre-evo. It is the Dream Eater Poke or so. I personally like Drowsee/Hypno, I prefer them over the Abra species.

Good point. Could Munna... be a Drowzee pre-evo?

Oh, and last thing. Am I mistaken or is Gear's (originality for the loss) ability Plus/Minus? Isn't that Plusle/Minun stuff?

Well, Plusle and Minun and now this Gear are Pokémon built specifcially for double battles.

Bah.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As I own Chinchillas I have to love the new pokemon version, I gonna guess a movepool of Sand-attack, bounce, rollout, explosion (when they shake dust off)

the pig thing could very well be a baby drowzee, the design is basic enough.

the gears are too much like bronzor to me, but I like the fact of Plus/Minus being non-exclusive

Not liking fire donkey kong, hoping it's not part-flighting.

The crocodile is cool, very nice abilities.

No opinion of the pidgeon or zebra.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Chiramii (normal chinchilla) - Awesome. The best looking basic normal type rodent at the beginning of the game ever!

Mamepato (pidgeon) - Once again, awesome, and one of the best beginning bird pokemon yet.

Gear (twin gear) - This one kind of looks like Bronzor too much. I hope it's evolution looks cool, I don't want another Bronzong.

Mun'na (flower dream eater) - This thing looks weird, I can't wait to see it's evolution(s).

Hihidaruma (fire smiling ape) - Fugly. Why would they make this thing? It isn't like Infernape, it IS infernape.

Shimama (electric horse) - THIS IS THE BEST POKEMON I HAVE EVER SEEN! I think somewhere in the Fake pokemon dex I created an electric horse a while ago.

Meguroko (desert crocodile) - Not bad, reminds me of Hippowdon a lot. If I recall correctly, Hippo's and Croc's live in the same general vicinity? So now we have like a desert croc and a desert hippo. pretty cool i say.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Last edited by Ryanh181 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:48 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 42  Next