It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Do you like the new Pokemon? 

Yes 74%  74%  [ 43 ]
Average 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
No 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 58

Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Tyrantum is eh, but I like Aurorus. I like the fans, they suit it well, but the curly tail sets me off somewhat. I think I'll do him anyways, even if he's got terrible type disadvantages. I'll find some way to make him work, so don't you worry Frost. ;)
Perhaps I can teach him Flame-thrower.

GofD wrote:
Aurorus......Eeeeeeeh......I like the design.....But the.....Wings? Fans? .....Whatever is on his neck, Im not just not feeling it to be honest.

It's too bad that you don't like them, I think they rock. I just like the delicateness, on such a large sturdy pokemon. (Get it? Sturdy? If you don't you haven't paid much attention to Geodude.)

GofD wrote:
Its move though is VERY interesting. An Ice type move that supers effective against water types? Yes, I like this development. (And when you think about, makes it wonder why they took 6 gens to make a move like this.)

I agree.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CuteKirlia wrote:

GofD wrote:
Aurorus......Eeeeeeeh......I like the design.....But the.....Wings? Fans? .....Whatever is on his neck, Im not just not feeling it to be honest.

It's too bad that you don't like them, I think they rock. I just like the delicateness, on such a large sturdy pokemon. (Get it? Sturdy? If you don't you haven't paid much attention to Geodude.)

Well, its just that he's based off a sauropod. They just dont make sense....it makes the neck heavier and harder to left....I mean no..just no...

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:07 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

GofD wrote:
Well, its just that he's based off a sauropod. They just dont make sense....it makes the neck heavier and harder to left....I mean no..just no...

This is what Amaura and Aurorus are based off of, the Amargasaurus.

Recent speculation has been that it didn't have the sails, and that it looked like this:

Still, you see where the developers got the idea.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't normally really care for fossil pokemon too much. The only one that I really even like is Aerodactyl. But. I do have to say that it is about time they got around to the tyrannosaurus, even if I am not to fond of the design. Tyrantrum…well, call me childish or immature if you will, but I will forever associate that name with 'temper tantrum'. That may be the point, or it may not be, but it's like Lickylicky; it takes away from the pokemon itself. There is something to be said for original names.

It is a dragon type though, which has brought to mind a question: When did typing actually begin? Were there always eighteen (or seventeen or fifteen) types? Are new types discovered, or do pokemon evolve new types over time? Do some of these pokemon fully mutate and evolve into new species, as was implied with Mew, and develop new type schemes altogether? This question interests me, now.

Aurorus. Aurorus, as a design, I like. It's cute, it's whimsical, and it actually seems to be somewhat original. I would expect it to be a fairy type over a rock type, though. Actually, all fossil pokemon are sub rock types. What if they all weren't, originally, and were altered when they were restored, taking on the rock aspect, if they didn't already have it, from the fossil that was their previous body. I could see that be the case with Aurorus, where the original Aurorus that lived however long ago were Fairy-Ice types.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
This is what Amaura and Aurorus are based off of, the Amargasaurus.

Recent speculation has been that it didn't have the sails, and that it looked like this:

Still, you see where the developers got the idea.

Yeah I can see it . I did look into it a bit, and it is a bit smaller then the more notable Sauropods (which of course, was what I was thinking off). So it having the spines/ sail, Im able to wrap my head around a bit better.

Kiga wrote:
But. I do have to say that it is about time they got around to the tyrannosaurus, even if I am not to fond of the design. Tyrantrum…well, call me childish or immature if you will, but I will forever associate that name with 'temper tantrum'. That may be the point, or it may not be, but it's like Lickylicky; it takes away from the pokemon itself. There is something to be said for original names.

I do agree is was pretty well time they did the King of Dinosaurs. As for the name, I think it works. With Lickylicky, you really cant help but chuckle at such a silly name. But Tyrantrum has a bit of a different effect. One might think of a child when they think of a "temper tantrum", which lets face it, is obvious in the name, of a child. But then they SEE Tyrantrum. Big, mean looking, and can quite literally, EAT YOU IN A SINGLE BITE.

Kiga wrote:

It is a dragon type though, which has brought to mind a question: When did typing actually begin? Were there always eighteen (or seventeen or fifteen) types? Are new types discovered, or do pokemon evolve new types over time? Do some of these pokemon fully mutate and evolve into new species, as was implied with Mew, and develop new type schemes altogether? This question interests me, now.

We could go on for YEARS disscussing this. For the sake of time I will say this, It could very well be that humans simply categorized the Pokemon into the different typings, were as there were originally none, cause no one was there to classify them.

Kiga wrote:
Aurorus. Aurorus, as a design, I like. It's cute, it's whimsical, and it actually seems to be somewhat original. I would expect it to be a fairy type over a rock type, though. Actually, all fossil pokemon are sub rock types. What if they all weren't, originally, and were altered when they were restored, taking on the rock aspect, if they didn't already have it, from the fossil that was their previous body. I could see that be the case with Aurorus, where the original Aurorus that lived however long ago were Fairy-Ice types.

I would have to agree with you there, when I first saw it I was also thinking that it was part fairy.

As for the second part, its a possiblity, since considering the fact that the process of Fossilization causes the Minerals in the rock to replace the minerals in the bones, essentially turning them to rock. So, yes the possibility for the Fossil Pokemon, in the past, having a different (or no other) Sub typing is possible.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Doublade…well I have to say, I didn't see that coming. I was certain that Honedge would be a single stage pokemon. I certainly didn't give it much though before, at the very least. My first thought was of Starmie, to be honest, but it seems to be along the same lines as Magneton and Dugtrio, a bit of feeling from Spritomb, with the sheath-base concept. This evolution fits perfectly, though, and I can no longer see why I though Honedge would have a single stage in the first place.

If this thing evolves again, and avoids the transmutation that Magneton underwent, I might have to catch one and name it Zoro. Or Roronoa. Something to that effect, yeah.

About the name, no, it's not too terribly original, but it fits. It's no worse than Dugtrio or Doduo. Par the course, and all that. It actually has a nice ring to it, to be honest.

Last edited by Kiga on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Doubledge... ouch.
They couldn't have found better? :|

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AWEEEE!!! THEY HAD TO GO THE WAY OF DUGTRIO AND MAGNETON?????? REALLYYY???

*cough* That said, I STILL WANT IT. And lets face it, there was one of two options, make more swords, or make it turn into a bigger sword. Either or, people would probably complain about it. Me, I like it, mainly cause of the typing.

As for the name, orgional, No. Does it Fit, Yes. Could they have come up with a name? Debatable.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like the names. Doublade reminds me of Gallade, so of course.
I MUST HAVE ONE. It has a really cool design. I hope they don't make it have three swords though, 'cause that'll really be a Magneton of a problem. I like the two-swords psychonically-in-sync idea. Again, reminds me of Gallade, how they can sense what the opponent is thinking. All in all, if they don't make a bad thrid evo, I'll catch it.

Gotta catch 'em allllllll...
Well, the good ones.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:37 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I made myself a little pokemon comparer script that would rank my favorites of the gen 6/megas for me, and here's the order that I ended up with (plus comments):

:D

1. Mega Mawile
Mawile was to me always a "decent pokemon with potential," and the potential has been realized! I couldn't have asked for a cooler looking evo. It keeps in good spirit of the futakuchi onna design and the extra mouth + additional red coloring on the body brings it together so well.

2. Sylveon
Eeveelutions tend to have mostly universal appeal and Sylveon is no exception. Except this time it's pink! :3 The pink/light blue coloring as well as the bow/ribbons make this design exceedinly cute.

3. Frogadier
kerokero! Frogadier gets big points simply for being a frog. He's also an all around step-up from Froakie in design and coloring. I really can't wait to see the final evo of this line.

4. Mega Blaziken
I think this guy is undeniably cool. Though not especially to me, Blaziken is already a fan favorite, and this Mega just amps up the coolness to favorite levels.

5. Vivillon
Vivillon is very reminiscent of Butterfree, one of my existing favorites. But it has more pink! :D The pink, blue, and white come together brilliantly just like in Sylveon's design, making Vivillon very appealing to me.

6. Mega Ampharos
Amphy is an existing favorite, and this Mega gives it some regal looking hair to make it majestic. It keeps to the original Ampharos design so it earns a high spot.

7. Xerneas
I literally like this guy just for his antlers. Not only are they massive and badass, but they're kaleidoscopic, which makes the whole design an eye-pleaser.

8. Mega Charizard
I fell in love with Charizard as a young boy like so many others, so I still think he's awesome. I think with the draconic features his Mega adds, he looks even better.

9. Mega Absol
Even though the art looks emo, Absol was one of my favorite Gen 3 pokemon and Mega Absol is obviously very similar. If you look past the hair in the eye, you just see a fluffier Absol, with big white wings! That's something I can dig.

10. Mega Blastoise
While I don't feel Mega Blastoise is as big an improvement as Mega Charizard, I still like him as Blastoise is my favorite Gen 1 starter. I'd have to say I still prefer original Blastoise slightly.

11. Aurorus
This guy is awesome! The neck flap things are obviously my favorite part. If they had a few more colors in them, and blended in a little better to his head/neck, I would rank him even higher.

12. Dedenne
So, he is obviously reminiscent of the famous Pikachu. I've always preferred Raichu, though (in fact, Raichu is one of my all time favorites). Dedenne resembles Raichu a bit more, especially in color, so I'm taking to him. I can't wait to see if he evolves.

13. Froakie
More froggies! Past the initial "frog points," Froakie doesn't have as many cool design points as Frogadier, so he got bumped down here.

14. Flabébé
I thought Flabébé would end up a bit higher. Tiny fairy + flower + cutest face ever makes this guy very likeable.

15. Mega Mewtwo Y
This Mega is an improvement on the original Mewtwo, and loads better than the alternate Mega Mewtwo X. Personally, I really like that the tail comes out of the head. I also have a bit of an attachment to him as I spent a while working with his art while making the Amnesia Attack banner.

16. Braixen
Of course I'm a fan of Fennekin, and I think like all 3 of the mid evos we've seen, Braixen is great improvement over the first stage. I like that the fur coming out of the ears was kept from Fennekin. That in addition to it now being bipedal, and the stick in tail, makes me very interested to see the final evo.

17. Malamar
I originally detested this pokemon when it was revealed, but every time I look at it, it grows on me. The 2 main tentacles are awesome. I think squids are very cool animals, and am glad for a new pokemon based on them.

18. Fennekin
Cuuute fox! Basically a slightly less cool version of Braixen.

19. Amaura
Same as above. A slightly less cool version of Aurorus.

20. Swirlix
Ok, this guy's design is objectively boring, but his fluffiness combined with is expression makes me a fan.

21. Quilladin
My least favorite of the 3 evos, but I certainly don't dislike him. He is just too darn happy. Like the others, I think he's an improvement over Chespin.

:|

22. Inkay
I originally liked Inkay better than Malamar when I saw them for the first time, but every time I look at Inkay, it looks a little more...derp. I still think it's really cute, though.

23. Spritzee
A little pink birdie! Of course I think it's cute. Unfortunately the design is just too bland for me to get into it too much.

24. Doublade
2 swords instead of 1! How...unexpected. It's still not a bad pokemon though, and I like the color switch from blue -> pink when Honedge evolves.

25. Honedge
A haunted sword...I don't really like or dislike the idea, but think the design of Honedge is pretty cool.

26. Yveltal
I don't like this guy nearly as much as Xerneas, but he's still pretty cool. His tail forming a sort of tri-wing setup to look like a Y is creative.

27. Mega Mewtwo X
Mega Mewtwo X is just a more awkward looking version of the original Mewtwo. I don't really feel it's an improvement at all. On it's own though, it's not inherently bad.

28. Mega Lucario
I'm not a huge fan of Lucario, so his Mega only does so much for me. The new markings and red color certainly make him more interesting, though.

29. Spewpa
This guy is a little bland, but I can't help but think that there is some cuteness to his simplistic design. The bits of red are redeeming.

30. Mega Venusaur
Venusaur got ripped off on the Mega deal. I don't really think this improves upon Venusaur's design at all, just makes it look more cluttered. I prefer original Venusaur.

31. Chespin
My least favorite of the 3 starters, I still feel this guy is cute.

32. Tyrantrum
A T-Rex! Nothing super special, but decently cool.

33. Tyrunt
Like Tyrantrum, but less cool.

34. Helioptile
I kinda thought this guy would be higher too. He's got modest amounts of cool and cute, but I don't think he could become one of my favorites. I'd be interested in seeing a possible evolution, though.

35. Pangoro
A giant panda, he's kinda cool, but I don't have a lot of feeling for him.

:(

36. Gogoat
Certainly better than his pre-evo, but otherwise a little boring and not much appeal. While I usually love dashes of red coloring in a design, I think his hooves look awkward.

37. Clauncher
Not bad, but I think Corphish is enough. This guy needs a good evolution for redemption.

38. Oorotto
I like the idea of a ghost tree, but I need some better renditions of this guy to really pick out what I like.

39. Skrelp
His face makes me think of Squidward, and it brings a smile to my face. Otherwise he's a bit boring.

40. Pancham
For some reason I can't really find Pancham very cute or interesting. It might be because of his mischievious disposition.

41. Mega Kangaskhan
I've never had strong feelings either way for Kangaskhan, and from what I've seen, its Mega is...underwhelming. The baby coming out of the pouch just seems silly to me.

42. Talonflame
I originally thought this guy was really cool when he was revealed, but everytime I look at him, I think that less and less, especially compared to some of the other new contenders.

43. Scatterbug
A gray worm. A tiny bit cute, but very underwhelming next to the likes of his predecessors, such as Caterpie.

44. Fletchling
His coloring is at least interesting, but I don't like the design.

45. Noivern
I think this guy is really ugly. I like the concept of a soundwave dragon, though.

46. Meowstic
I look at Meowstic, and my mind is just blank. I really have no opinion.

47. Furfrou
Bland and ugly. Both the coloring and design are lacking.

48. Bunnelby
I kind of want to shoot it.

49. Mega Garchomp
I've never really disliked Garchomp as a whole, but I didn't think his design was very good. Mega Garchomp just made it way worse. I hate the shape of his head, his teeth, and the spiky things along his body.

50. Pyroar
It's a good thing we have the Talonflame line for fire coverage, because I just can not get into this line. I think the manes had potential to be cool looking, but as they are they are horrid.

51. Litleo
I kind of want to shoot this guy, too.

52. Skiddo
This guy has the same problem as Gogoat, but those are the least of his worries. I hate his stupid skinny legs and his face even more.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm generally impressed, although a few of them look very basic and bland (Pyroar). A few of the Megas are a tad disappointing too, but they're mostly very good. I'm very much looking forward to the reveal of all the new monsters and with the release less than two weeks away, I'm sure we'll be seeing them soon.

I should note that I feel like "squeeing" like a fangirl everytime I see new info and art from X & Y, which as a 27 year old male, I have thankfully managed to keep in check.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

In reponse to the new Evolutions for....whatever there names are. I am not really impressed. Too.....Cutesy Wootsie for my taste. (Plus the cream puff thing looks waaaaay to appetizing).

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like Furefuran (Spritzee's evolution), even if it is a bit cutesy. She kind of reminds me of an owl with way too heavy eyeliner. I don't know that I'd train her, though. Too many others have priority.

Peroriimu, and Swirlix for that matter…I don't like so much. I've never liked that face in whatever incarnation its been used in. Bright eyed with the tongue hanging out and a dopey smile on its face. It reminds me of a dog that is too stupid to realize that it's being beaten, and keeps going back for more, and loves the owner all the more for it. And you'd think that cotton candy and whipped cream would be more resistant to blunt damage than a dog would…

As for the evolutions themselves, well I can't complain. They both make sense, and there's no missing link. I wonder if they use some sort of fairy stone (Fairy Dust?) to evolve? So far, these two would be the most ideal candidates for this type of evolution.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:14 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with Delphox. Something about it just really puts me off. Probably its impossibly small head. It's a shame, because I thought Braixen was really cool.

Greninja and Chesnaught I think are further improvements to the starters, so I don't have big complaints there. Steel type seems more appropriate for Chesnaught rather than fighting, but I guess fighting balances the type effectiveness with the other starters more.

Heliolisk is an awkward progression from Helioptile. It looks less cute while not looking any more cool. Not really sold on this guy yet.

I don't really like Peroriimu. Swirlix was one of my choice pokemon before, so this is a disappointment. He may prove to grow on me eventually, though.

Furefuwan is pretty cool, it took the good parts from Spritzee and made it less boring.

Diggersby makes me laugh so hard, I might just forget that's it because how stupid he looks. It's an endearing stupid, though, so I don't particularly hate it. :P

Fletchinder is a logical midpoint between Fletchling and Talonflame. Nothing special here.

I saw an image of Binacle referencing Spongebob, that said "There was once an ugly Binacle. It was so ugly that everyone fainted." [The end.] I have to say that it sums up this pokemon pretty well. It has very few redeeming qualities.

Hawlucha is awesome. A luchador pokemon is a wonderful idea that sounds kinda hard to execute to me. In this case, I think it was executed well.

I don't know what to think about Carbink. It seems very boring. I expect (hopefully) an evolution, and look forward to seeing what that looks like.

Espurr is horribly boring. Looking at it next to Meowstic makes Meowstic look so much better than I had thought before lol.

We probably won't be posting a news update while these remain not officially confirmed, but we've been discussing them in the chats. Everyone is welcome to drop by. :)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:36 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wait, where'd you pull these outta? I need to see them. Evolution of Meowstic? Gotta see.
Now, we have lots of Fire types I notice (Pyroar, Talonflame, Charizard Megas, Blaizekin Megas, Braxien, etc), some Water types, and really not many Grass types. Just an observation.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Serpentsounds wrote:
I have to say I'm a little disappointed with Delphox. Something about it just really puts me off. Probably its impossibly small head. It's a shame, because I thought Braixen was really cool.

Greninja and Chesnaught I think are further improvements to the starters, so I don't have big complaints there. Steel type seems more appropriate for Chesnaught rather than fighting, but I guess fighting balances the type effectiveness with the other starters more.

Heliolisk is an awkward progression from Helioptile. It looks less cute while not looking any more cool. Not really sold on this guy yet.

I don't really like Peroriimu. Swirlix was one of my choice pokemon before, so this is a disappointment. He may prove to grow on me eventually, though.

Furefuwan is pretty cool, it took the good parts from Spritzee and made it less boring.

Diggersby makes me laugh so hard, I might just forget that's it because how stupid he looks. It's an endearing stupid, though, so I don't particularly hate it.

Fletchinder is a logical midpoint between Fletchling and Talonflame. Nothing special here.

I saw an image of Binacle referencing Spongebob, that said "There was once an ugly Binacle. It was so ugly that everyone fainted." [The end.] I have to say that it sums up this pokemon pretty well. It has very few redeeming qualities.

Hawlucha is awesome. A luchador pokemon is a wonderful idea that sounds kinda hard to execute to me. In this case, I think it was executed well.

I don't know what to think about Carbink. It seems very boring. I expect (hopefully) an evolution, and look forward to seeing what that looks like.

Espurr is horribly boring. Looking at it next to Meowstic makes Meowstic look so much better than I had thought before lol.

We probably won't be posting a news update while these remain not officially confirmed, but we've been discussing them in the chats. Everyone is welcome to drop by.

I'm curious about where you got these too… I looked though several sites this morning, and wasn't able to find much.

Slurpuff (Peroriimu - I've got to admit, even if I don't care for the design, the name is oddly cute and appropriate) and Aromatisse (Furefuwan) have been announced and confirmed.

Otherwise, I can only imagine that you are referring to the Hawlucha, Binacle, and Greninja images released by PokeBeach, but I have seen another version of "Greninja" (one that I would honestly prefer), although no name is given, and a similarly unnamed evolution of Braixen that does not really fit with the description of what you saw, nor does it totally fit with Fennekin and Braixen, but that's not exactly new to Pokemon. Considering that "Chesnaut" was not revealed there as well, however, those two are probably fakes.

I've seen references to "Chesnaut", "Diggersby", "Espurr", and "Heliosk", but I haven't seen pictures of any of them; I did see a "Chesnaut", but it turned out to be a confirmed fake. Although I've seen what could be a "Delphox", I have not seen that name anywhere. Likewise, I have not seen any reference to the names of "Fletchinder" or "Carbink".

I also have not seen a confirmation of the starter types anywhere. I'd look to see if there was a reference to any of this in the chats, but my computer doesn't seem to want to connect with them.

I dunno…I just need to sleep through the next week. Everything will be better next Saturday. Less suspicious leaks popping up everywhere.

By the way, I've noticed that every time I refresh, you signature changes. That's interesting.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:36 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Stores in Canada and Italy broke street date and some people have the game. None of the big sites are covering it, but the information is out there.

MASSIVE SPOILERS: Highlight to view spoiler.
-Greninja, Binacle and Hawlucha are real.
-Chespin's final evolution is Grass/Fighting Chesnaught, learns Grass Guard, which inflicts 1/2 damage from incoming Physical attacks onto the attacker for five turns
-Fennekin's is Fire/Psychic Delphox and gets a new move named Mystical Fire, but I haven't found out what it does
-Froakie's is Water/Dark Greninja and learns Water Shuriken, a 15 BP priority move that hits 2-5 times.
-Meowstic's pre-evolution is Espurr, Bunnelby's evolution is Diggersby, Fletchinder is Fletchling's middle stage
-Clauncher and Skrelp have evolutions, apparently Clauncher's is Water/Electric
-Hawlucha has a move that does Flying AND Fighting damage
-New Pokemon: Carbink (Rock/Fairy), Kelfki (Fairy/Steel keychain), Goomy (Dragon-type goo thing)
-Flabebe has at least one evolution, Floelle, who is similar to Kirlia with a flower
-Mr. Mime is part Fairy, Dunsparce is not
-Gengar, Aerodactyl, Abomasnow Mega Evolutions have been spotted so far

Full picture list of confirmed Pokemon (except one Mega Evolution mentioned above): here.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:47 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Going by the final stages, my preferences are Froakie > Chespin > Fennekin. Thoughts below:

Greninja
A lot of people have been complaining that they abandoned the bubble motif from its first two evolutions. Frogs, when they are young, tend to be covered in bubbles as protection from predators. As they grow, however, they gain the ability to just run or bounce away from predators instead of trying to hide. Even in Froakie's line you can see the progression; Frogadier has already started to shed the bubbles of its previous form. Greninja, of course, is a fully matured frog, so the bubbles are completely gone by this point.

Chesnaught
Once Quilladin was revealed and we saw the line going into the direction of a heavy-armored knight, I was expecting something like what we ended up getting as its final evolution. I'll admit, I wasn't a fan at first, but now I've warmed up to it.

Delphox
As much as I like the name...the design is just not interesting to me at all. I don't hate it, necessarily, but I don't like it either. It's pretty much the "meh" of the trio.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:54 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sadly, I think I'll have to agree with you here, though I like Chesnaught more;…I had such hopes for Fennekin and Frogadier.

I think I'll try to wait for them to be formally released before forming a real opinion, however. These pictures were taken from shots of the game in rather poor quality, going by the shots in the link provided by Nintendo Insider, who confirmed the break. I have seen a shot of Delphox from behind that looks like it is proportionally better, so I'll wait and see. Plus, this is cute enough to be more than redeemable.

I will admit that I do like the name 'Delphox'. I think Chesnaught would be better without the 'gh' in the spelling, regardless of the base word, but I like it too. I do not like Greninja, however. The second source word is too bluntly used, I think, and it doesn't really roll off the tongue right. Considering the meaning of the word "Ninja", "Greja", or some derivative might be more appropriate. A (Frog) Weapon, not a (Frog) Human Weapon, if you will. Even "Frogue" would be better than this...

I'm not so much in denial about the other new releases, as I am about Delphox and Greninja, however.

I don't really care for designs like Klefki, which include 'man-made' items like that, but aside from the keys, but I'm alright with it. I like the name, and the face, but I have to wonder where it got the keys, and what it uses them for. And before people start complaining about things like Magnemite having 'man-made' magnets, I was a kid when I first learned of it. I'm much more logical and cynical now, fifteen years later, so this is my opinion.

Goomy looks like it will be interesting. I'm going to keep an eye on that.

I like Floette, whereas I didn't really care for Flabebe before. I'm a sucker for cutesy feminine pokemon like that. She has a very 'Thumbalina' feeling about her.

As for the others, well, I like Heliolisk, I have no idea what Carbink is supposed to be, and the other new ones are just kind of plain, likable, and not really dislikable. Still not sure about Hawlucha, though...

It seems to me that the new ones will capable of being found relatively early in-game, and were added to the pokemon who are already known, which would explain the lack of legendaries. Even if they cut down the amount this drastically, I find it hard to believe that they would cut out the trio, saying nothing of the "Z" mascot.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:04 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think this may be the first Gen where I actually pick the Grass starter over the Fire starter. (Note: I did pick grass for my Black2 game, but I went with fire in White...so yes, this will most likely be the first time I go Grass).

Just going be the pictures, Chesnaught is now my most FAVORITE Grass starter off all time. (Sorry Torterra, your second now.) This guy looks like a freakin BEAST.

Delphox....I agree with Kiga, Nice name, But.....Not really feeling the design. I am thankfull its not ANOTHER fighting Sub type, so it does gets points for that. So im just gonna say......Im mainly Neutral with this one ATM.

Greninja-Hmmm......I am also "Meh" On this one. I dont like, I dont hate it, Im just neutral. I do like how they showed the natural growth of a frog (as stated by Wuzzle).

I did see some other ones I liked, buuuut...they all kinda got pushed back when I saw...

MEGA GENGAR- YES, YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES. Gengar has always been one of my Favorite Ghost Pokemon (although I never got around to using one, cause I couldnt find/ make a moveset I liked {Plus when breeding it didnt want to cooperate}). This Form just makes Gengar look like its gonna suck out your soul, eat it, spit it back up, then eat it again. (PLEASE OH PLEAAAAAASE BE THE MEGA FORM FOR "Y", :shock: )

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:22 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It seems Game Freak is trying to bump up the ghost roster a bit. I like the new ghost/steel and ghost/grass pokemon.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:51 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kurushel wrote:
It seems Game Freak is trying to bump up the ghost roster a bit. I like the new ghost/steel and ghost/grass pokemon.

I'm sorry to ask this, but who is the Ghost-Grass type? Do you mean Orotto?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:16 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

He's probably referring to either Phantump (Oorotto pre-evo) or Pumpkaboo.

A continuation of my thoughts with the newest reveals included:

Phantump - It's staring into my soul. :( I want to say it's cute, but something about it creeps me out.

Pumpkaboo - The fact that the actual face is on the stem and not the pumpkin seems strange to me. I think the evolution could be cool, but this guy on his own seems very average.

Barbaracle - Every bit as ugly as Binacle. Wtf?

Goomy - Goomy is here to save the reveals! Goomy is the cutest little dragon. I feel like this is what Gulpin should have been.

Sliggoo - Evolved from Goomy, as a (supposed) middle evolution he's destined to be the awkward mix between cute and cool. While not as likable as Goomy, this guy is still pretty good. Waiting on the final evo.

Klefki - Ok, being a literal key ring, this guy has sparked some outrage to say the least...but I don't think he's quite that bad. I think his saving grace is his pokedex entry: "It never lets goes of a key that it likes, so people give it the keys to vaults and safes as a way to prevent crime." I think that's pretty cute.

Bergmite - Can't say I like him one way or the other, as a tiny low-detail first evo he kinda reminds me of Aron, except ice. As such, I'll be looking out for his evolution(s).

Mega Gengar - I think I'm one of the few who isn't going nuts over him. I just don't think his design is that wonderful. I don't dislike him, but I'm not hyped.

Mega Aerodactyl - Pretty cool, but I don't like the rocks coming out of his face. I think I like regular Aerodactyl better still.

Mega Abomasnow - I've never particularly been a fan of Abomasnow, and this guy isn't giving me any reasons too. He's just a bigger, clunkier version of him.

Edit: forgot about Floette! I really like Floette, even better than Flabébé. I'm looking forward to seeing the official art.

Last edited by Serpentsounds on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yes, that's what I meant, Klefki being the steel I was referring to. I have had a thing for keys since I was a kid. I am something of a collector.

Edit: Ooh...phantump learns a move called Forest's Curse...

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Last edited by Kurushel on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:23 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I think Klefki is a Fairy/Steel though, rather than a Ghost/Steel. I think there is a picture that shows it.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:27 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next