Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Pokemon Bank 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Pokemon Bank launches in North America December 27, 2013

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/pokemon_bank_faq/
TL;DR version:
As stated earlier, the transfer app requires access to Pokemon Bank
Download and open the Bank app by January 31, 2014 to obtain a 30-day free trial pass
$4.99 a year fee, used for maintenance as Bank is planned to be used long-term

No details on what happens if your access period lapses
Held items on Pokemon transferred to Bank will be placed back in the Bag, or disappear if the Bag is full
Once the service launches, Bank can be accessed once you receive your Pokedex
Security measures will be in place to prevent loss of stored Pokemon due to server problems, etc. though there will be more thorough set of warnings that will be released in mid-December

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
Pokemon Bank launches in North America December 27, 2013

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/pokemon_bank_faq/
TL;DR version:
As stated earlier, the transfer app requires access to Pokemon Bank
Download and open the Bank app by January 31, 2014 to obtain a 30-day free trial pass
$4.99 a year fee, used for maintenance as Bank is planned to be used long-term

No details on what happens if your access period lapses
Held items on Pokemon transferred to Bank will be placed back in the Bag, or disappear if the Bag is full
Once the service launches, Bank can be accessed once you receive your Pokedex
Security measures will be in place to prevent loss of stored Pokemon due to server problems, etc. though there will be more thorough set of warnings that will be released in mid-December

Eh.......Nope still not gonna bother using it, even for the free trial. Im just gonna start fresh since so much is gonna change battle wise.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
...or disappear if the Bag is full

Is that a direct quote? That doesn't sound good… Does this mean that the limited bag space will be returning, then?

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:42 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Kiga wrote:
Is that a direct quote? That doesn't sound good… Does this mean that the limited bag space will be returning, then?

Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter Frequently Asked Questions wrote:
Can I deposit Pokémon holding Berries or other items in Pokémon Bank?

If you try to deposit Pokémon that are holding Berries or other items, the items will be removed and sent to your Bag. If your Bag is full, the items will disappear.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sooo, the bags dont have unlimited space, which could mean we lose unlimited item space in bag, WHICH, could also mean we are getting back the PC item Storage.

...THANK GOODNESS! My freakin bag was gettin way too cluttered and freakin heavy, OO.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

But then, why would items disappear if you tried to put one in Bank, and you didn't have room in your bag? Couldn't it just go to your PC, instead? I think there's something that we're missing here.

And really, there should be a (separate) online bank for items. Aside from a worry of glitches, I don't see why storing items would be a problem, at least not in the short term. It's only when Gen VII is out that I would expect to see issues.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:44 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I'm pretty sure it just means that the item will disappear if you already have 999 copies of that item.

Moreover, why is this news to people? Why would you be able to store items there anyway?

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DNA wrote:
Moreover, why is this news to people? Why would you be able to store items there anyway?

I'll use Mega Stones as an example. I don't know the exact mechanics behind finding Mega Stones, such as how difficult they are to obtain, but we do know that Blazikenite is an Event item for the time being, which likely means that there will be more, and I'm assuming that they are not key items, as they can be held. Now imagine that there are some that are quite rare, but you manage to collect a full set of Mega Stones, so you can use whatever Mega Pokemon that you want. Then, for whatever reason, you decide that you don't want that collection on your game. It could be that you want to restart your game, or you want to sell or give your game away, or you could just simply wish to transfer it quickly and easily to a new game. Whatever reason, you just what to keep that collection for some point in the future. This would be a reason why it would be good to have something like the Bank, that allows for storage of items.

This can be applicable to more than just Mega Stones; you could apply this to evolutionary items, hold items, berries, Master Balls, and so on.

This is not an answer to your question, however, but it does beg the question of why we are not able to store items in the first place. The only reason I can think of is that they want this be used for Generation VII, as well.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I will buy it. I bought Pokemon ranch for $10 and filled it up completely. Nothings Better when you want to breed/train new pokemon than scorning your collection instead of grabbing a bunch of wild pokes

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The Kalos dex seems to be that large that I may just start capturing afresh and just use poketransfer free trial to send of the mon that aren't native to Kalos.
(of course, that all depends on what the maximum amount of PC boxes are in X/Y)

The item thing is a bit of a pain though - I have things like a gligar with a razor fang I wanna trade. So unless this new region has enough of each evolution item then i'm a bit stuck.

I could try and find my original DS I suppose and trade between my DSi/DS with White/Black 2 before passing onto the bank. But that involves finding something I suspect the wife has thrown out.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, this answers my concern over not being able to bring up my pokemon from previous versions. Yeah, I'll probably use it.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:59 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

deffo signing up to bank ASAP. Thought i had lost my black 2 cart with Meloetta on and tore work and the house apart looking for it

Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Superpull wrote:
The Kalos dex seems to be that large that I may just start capturing afresh and just use poketransfer free trial to send of the mon that aren't native to Kalos.
(of course, that all depends on what the maximum amount of PC boxes are in X/Y)

The item thing is a bit of a pain though - I have things like a gligar with a razor fang I wanna trade. So unless this new region has enough of each evolution item then i'm a bit stuck.

I could try and find my original DS I suppose and trade between my DSi/DS with White/Black 2 before passing onto the bank. But that involves finding something I suspect the wife has thrown out.

um gligar evolves by leveling up at night holding razor fang.....http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/207/general

and on topic.

i heard the poke bank is a more long term thing and i like the sound of that!

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:51 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

pfft, details. You catch my drift.

By my reckoning X/Y is short on the following items:
1 dawn stone
1 dusk stone
1 kings rock
1 metal coat
4 moon stones
2 shiny stones
2 sun stones
1 upgrade

The Maison seems to be the place to buy a dubious disk/Electrizer, magmaraizer and razor claw/fang and there's a shop selling fire/leaf/water stones).

I am sold on the bank idea though

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Superpull wrote:
pfft, details. You catch my drift.

By my reckoning X/Y is short on the following items:
1 dawn stone
1 dusk stone
1 kings rock
1 metal coat
4 moon stones
2 shiny stones
2 sun stones
1 upgrade

The Maison seems to be the place to buy a dubious disk/Electrizer, magmaraizer and razor claw/fang and there's a shop selling fire/leaf/water stones).

I am sold on the bank idea though

I don't know about the trade items, but according to Celebi, you're supposed to be able to earn the stones in the Secret Super Training, which can only be done with a maxed out pokemon. I tried getting a dusk stone that way, however, but even after I beat the record I did not get it. I probably did something wrong, though.

Does anyone want to bet that there will be mega stones that can be only obtained through Bank?

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ya I totally understand.you just said this next part I'm just confirming it You can get some of those things in the battle mansion and I have gotten a shiny and dawn stone in the super secret training.

But this is getting repetitive.

The pokebank is going to make clearing a save file super easy and for 5 bucks a year to me that sounds descent.

Edit: also I do believe that we have not seen the last of the mega evos but how pokemon desires to release them I am clueless.

Ps: I obsess about this game way too much I think I have 170 hours in my pokemon X already.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:15 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Between Blue, Silver, Emerald, Pearl, White, Ranger, Almia, Guardian signs im well over 1000 man hours so far. X is looking like my favourite at the moment (well, if it wasn't for the 70 new pokemon, I cant bring myself to count megas yet).

The original questions we had about bank still need resolving before I 100% make up my mind, but im pretty close.

They still haven't confirmed what will happen if there is a catastrophic server failure their end. They haven't confirmed what happens if you miss a payment. They still haven't confirmed what will happen if you lose your 3ds/upgrade to the next console/wipe your save. Can I keep doing it and getting a million legendaries, or will it be one iteration of a game per 3ds per person? (i.e cart wipes wont work because you have already sent "your" pokemon from "your" version of X to the bank).

And re: mega stone in Bank? As close as you can guarantee the actions of a company, I guarantee that there will be further "incentive" for us to use bank. Whether that be a new mega stone or an event pokemon I don't know. But there will be something

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

how could you not have 5 dollars in your bank account 1 year from when you first make a payment? since I have both games and 2 3ds's I'm going to get 2 copies of pokemon bank.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:27 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Pokemon Master wrote:
how could you not have 5 dollars in your bank account 1 year from when you first make a payment? since I have both games and 2 3ds's I'm going to get 2 copies of pokemon bank.

I…don't entirely see why having two games would necessitate have two copies of Bank. I mean, for all I know, you'll be able to, or you might have to, but I don't see why you would. Both Pokemon Box and Pokemon Ranch accepted different files, and I can't see Bank being any different. It will more than likely be similar to the Dream World, but with a password (heh, or a pin...), or some other protection that prevents me from accessing my neighbor's account, but will still allow foreign games to access it with your permission, if you don't just have to flat out register your games.

I do agree with you about the price. Five dollars a year, as long as it remains as such, is more than fair to cover maintenence. I mean, that's only like lunch and dinner for a day once a year, and is really not comparable at all to bills or rent or tuition. I just hope that they don't shut it down every Tuesday. Or preferably at all, if it can be avoided.

…wait you have two 3DS's? Nice. I'm looking at another six months or so before I have enough saved up for that.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Not saying it's not a fair and reasonable amount. But a renewal date may well fall on a date that I don't have disposable income that week/month. Mortgages/fuel/utilities/childcare fees are all at insane levels and sometimes I don't have a spare digital fiver.

With Marvels MDCU, it's fine. I renew a week/month later and all my settings remain, I just don't have access for the period I'm not paying for. As long as it is the same with bank (that they aren't just deleted and there is a "grace period") then i'll be fine with that.

Oh, and you can register as many games as you like to bank, so you only need 1 per online account

Quote:
Store Pokémon from Multiple Games!
With Pokémon Bank, you can deposit and withdraw Pokémon from different copies of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. All you have to do is download Pokémon Bank on your Nintendo 3DS system, insert your Pokémon X or Pokémon Y Game Card, and open the Pokémon Bank application. Pokémon Bank also works with downloadable versions of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. If you're working with multiple copies of the games, Pokémon Bank makes it easy to gather your Pokémon in one place!

With space for 3000 I don't see why you would need 2 versions! (2 3ds is a cool idea though, good way of completing the pokedex. I might look at this £99 2ds that's come out for that.)

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I do have 2 3ds's and both x and y my brother is playing through x though. that's why I am downloading the pokebank on both of my 3ds's.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, apparently, Bank and the eShop have had some major issues over the past few days. I only know the nature of the issue myself, that there are all kinds of error screens and issues transporting boxes, but I don't know what the problems actually are. However, it seems that because of these issues, Nintendo has decided to delay the release of Pokemon Bank outside of Japan indefinitely, and has halted its use on the inside until the issue is resolved. This probably means that the unobtainable pokemon who did get through will be a more valuable commodity until it's open again.

Well, I guess this will show us what happens to Pokemon stored within Bank, when Bank is shut down. I hope that the users were given some warning that this was happening so that they could get their pokemon out.

I don't know if anyone here has encountered anything odd yet, but apparently the 'legality filter' that Bank is meant to play is pretty lax, and apparently only stops pokemon with improper IVs, EVs, types, abilities, and move sets. The big things, I guess, but what's the point of breeding now, if you can just type up most of your ideal pokemon onto your cell phone? On the other hand, I guess the Emerald Cloning glitch is still legal...

Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:38 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Take this. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/networ ... status.jsp

Everything's having problems at the moment. The only thing you can do is wait for nintendo to get their stuff together, which it looks like is happening. The eshop just went into maintenance mode.

EDIT: Looks like the link above is having issues. Here's another link to the same information: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_US/index.html

Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well, I didn't see this happening, did you?

(there needs to be a sarcasm punctuation mark in the world)

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Superpull wrote:
Well, I didn't see this happening, did you?

(there needs to be a sarcasm punctuation mark in the world)

Nobody did, I mean if you release something for free to augment their best-selling game on top of the post X-mas rush to spend X-mas money and Gift cards. Their servers could totally handle something like that.

Just look at Steam the last few days...

/s

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next