It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Does your GSC cart no longer save? [UPDATED 8/26/08] 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That all depends on how careful you are replacing the battery. Yes, if you were rather careless in soldering, you could damge the cartridge beyond repair. But if you follow the procedure, while sweating bullets (:P) you should be just fine.

The removal and replacement hinge on being gentle, so remember that. But it should be quite easy, as there is a good guide for doing it right at the head of the topic. Good luck!

AEPMT ;) 8-) :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

After committing a fatal error during the proccess of fixing my friend's Crystal version, I broke one of the battery tabs off of the game. Is there any way to reattach the tabs or otherwise fix the game without firing up the soldering gun??

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've been reading Nuzlockes and looking at Kanto and Johto Regions and decided to start playing my Blue and my Silver again. I have a few things to add.
Instead of tweezers, use pliers.
If your game as been through a few drops (like mine), you might have to use the knife to get the panels unstuck.

Goodbye
"

Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:21 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey everyone,

So I dug up my old GBC on a whim Monday morning (it's Thursday night as I'm posting this), and popped in my Pokémon Gold cart. Now, I had a feeling that the cartridge's batter might have run dry (meaning the time would not change). However, the time DOES change, albeit only when you play. For example:
First time I turned it on, it was Tuesday 11:34, I played until the game said 11:35
I turn it off, come back to it roughly 5 minutes later, it still said 11:35. I played it until it read 11:38.
I left it, then picked it back up earlier today, and checked the time. It still reads 11:38.

Now, this...bug, if you will, is unlike anything I've seen documented on the internet, so I put it to you. Had this been happening to your GSC cartridges, or was it the usual symptom of time not even running? My hypothesis is that the internal battery is running on fumes, and will stop changing the in-game time once the battery runs completely dry (meaning once the voltage supplied by the battery is insufficient to keep the clock running even when the gameboy is turned on).

~PowerPeanut

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Remember, there are HeartGold and SoulSilver games. Sure, it doesnt give the same nastalgia, but at least you can feel like your playing Gold and/or Silver.
That's what I'm doing, since my dad cant soder well.

Goodbye
"

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:33 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Samurott wrote:
Remember, there are HeartGold and SoulSilver games. Sure, it doesnt give the same nastalgia, but at least you can feel like your playing Gold and/or Silver.

I completely agree, HeartGold and SoulSilver are superior to GSC in almost every way possible, looking purely objectively, of course. However, the main reason why I wanted to play it was the nostalgia factor. :P

Oh, if anyone needs help or tips on soldering, I've got years of experience. And soldering to batteries isn't as bad as people make it out to be if you're safe and quick. Prolonged exposure to heat (read: more than 3 seconds) will screw up the battery/your game/anything the hot pointy tip touches. ;)

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Samurott wrote:

I get the old games because I like the nostalgia, too, but the only reason I'm trying to get Red/Blue is because I want to do some serious glitching.

Image (by Ender)

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Krisp, I know you'll probably never see this, but THANKS, THANKS, THANKS!!
I know, I'm acting like a 3-year-old, but my Gold broke 4 years ago. I loved it too much, so I kept it just for the old times' sake. And now you tell me I can fix it. I can't believe it! Again, thanks!

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Gosh, I would have loved to have been aware that a save battery could die and that the data could have been backed up in 2007 when my Silver died and everything I'd built my Pokemon career on had perished.
I almost feel as though my ignorance was bad Karma from having gamesharked it and abused the hell out of the cloning glitch.

Don't need it for anything now, all my first and second generations are dead now except somehow for Yellow, the first one I ever owned, is now a whopping 16 years old and has had it share of gamesharking and glitching as well.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5