It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Does your GSC cart no longer save? [UPDATED 8/26/08] 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Q. Okay, I'm going to try this. Will my saved data come back if I replace the battery?
A. Nope. you will start fresh and new. The saved data that you had before can never be recovered. Sorry!

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Question: Is there any way for me to transfer energy from one battery to the one in there if it still works? My friend has a Silver version, with a LOT of Lv 100 PkMn and I don't want her to lose it all. Thx.

Image (by Ender)

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

khoufu wrote:
Question: Is there any way for me to transfer energy from one battery to the one in there if it still works? My friend has a Silver version, with a LOT of Lv 100 PkMn and I don't want her to lose it all. Thx.

No... sorry. You could tell her to trade to another game if possible. That's the only way I see. :(

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:24 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

That, or this.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Would trading to another game work? If I remember correctly, you have to save to trade.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:20 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Patchy wrote:
Would trading to another game work? If I remember correctly, you have to save to trade.

But when you save it before it links up, it doesn't turn off. It saves, and starts the link.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

mine still saves and i havent done anything to edit it :P i love that game so much!. wish they would make it again :([color=#000080][/color]

Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

waterpokemonmaniac wrote:
mine still saves and i havent done anything to edit it :P i love that game so much!. wish they would make it again :([color=#000080][/color]

I'd like it if they made it again but with better graphics/sounds and with a flash chip to keep memory and a battery to keep time. Then add version compatibility for RSE and FRLG.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pokemaniac1237 wrote:
khoufu wrote:

No... sorry. You could tell her to trade to another game if possible. That's the only way I see. :(

Oh, darn. But I don't know anyone with a connecting cord anymore for gb/gbc. My friends like 5 years ago had them, but now I don't know anyone who still has a gbc. Otherwise, I'd gladly borrow her lv. 100 pkmn on my gold from her silver, and give them back, but it's her cousin's in the first place. And she'd have to restart it, too, and loose data of beating both pkmn leagues and all 16 gyms.DO you know anywhere I could get a connector cord besides the internet? I would go to GameStop or EBGames, but they don't sell that stuff anymore.

Image (by Ender)

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

khoufu wrote:
Pokemaniac1237 wrote:
khoufu wrote:

Oh, darn. But I don't know anyone with a connecting cord anymore for gb/gbc. My friends like 5 years ago had them, but now I don't know anyone who still has a gbc. Otherwise, I'd gladly borrow her lv. 100 pkmn on my gold from her silver, and give them back, but it's her cousin's in the first place. And she'd have to restart it, too, and loose data of beating both pkmn leagues and all 16 gyms.DO you know anywhere I could get a connector cord besides the internet? I would go to GameStop or EBGames, but they don't sell that stuff anymore.

Just got the idea. It might not work but it's worth a shot. What if you used 2 GBAs and a GBA link cable to try and trade.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:31 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Not exactly easy to do so i just put an emulator of gold on my computer. Its legal as long as you actually own a copy of the game.Still made though I had a lot of legit shinys and a completed Pokedex

Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pokemaniac1237 wrote:
khoufu wrote:

Just got the idea. It might not work but it's worth a shot. What if you used 2 GBAs and a GBA link cable to try and trade.

Well, maybe, even though GBA trading won't work on a DS. My friend with Silver has a GBA SP like me, so hopefully she has a connecting cord, if not I'll try for the umpteenth time to find someone with one. Too bad they don't work on DS, because that would make connecting a whole lot easier.

Image (by Ender)

Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

khoufu wrote:
Pokemaniac1237 wrote:
khoufu wrote:

Well, maybe, even though GBA trading won't work on a DS. My friend with Silver has a GBA SP like me, so hopefully she has a connecting cord, if not I'll try for the umpteenth time to find someone with one. Too bad they don't work on DS, because that would make connecting a whole lot easier.

... Even a GBA game on a DS wouldn't work with the DS's wireless feature. No way a GBC game could do it. They wouldn't even attempt to look for a wireless connection.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah. I guess I'm out of luck, then, because I don't know any way I can get a GBC connector cord to trade. I only know one other person with a GBC anyway, that's a little kid I last saw a couple years ago, he asked me to find a way to get better lighting for his older GBA. I guess trading would be harder than getting a new battery. Fo me it doesn't matter either way, I'm jsut worried for my friend's game. (actually it's her cousin's game but he let's her play it now)

Image (by Ender)

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

khoufu wrote:
Yeah. I guess I'm out of luck, then, because I don't know any way I can get a GBC connector cord to trade. I only know one other person with a GBC anyway, that's a little kid I last saw a couple years ago, he asked me to find a way to get better lighting for his older GBA. I guess trading would be harder than getting a new battery. Fo me it doesn't matter either way, I'm jsut worried for my friend's game. (actually it's her cousin's game but he let's her play it now)

But you would lose the pokemon... Unless you know how to change the battery while its on.

EDIT: (hey! I'm the first on page #4!)

Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yah, that's sorta what I want to learn to do, change the battery while it 's on, if that's even possible. Do you know about when will GBC batteries go bad? If I got Crystal, I would want to know if I should change the battery.

Image (by Ender)

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks! Now I can replace the battery in my Gold, Yellow and Red Cartridges!

Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:46 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've already had my dad do this, almost by the book, except he did 2 things differently:
Put the battery upside down but left the tabs in the correct positions
and
Re-soldered the tabs to the battery.

This Silver will save and hold the save for maybe 15 minutes. Now I'm trying to redo the process and the knife is identical to the one he used the first time, but it won't break the tabs off of the battery :frustrated: , and I'm afraid that the tabs themselves will snap off. Any advice? Like maybe a better way to get the tabs off?

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm so nervous to try this, but i figure i have to to get a complete Pokedex on my originals. None of my games have actually given me the message yet, but it's been over ten years and today my Pokemon Stadium deleted my Red file, so I may as well change'em before I start again.
Does anyone have the specific name of the batteries to use..?

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I know I used a CR2025 but I can't remember the brand, just go to the pharmacy counter at most any store and look, because that's the only place I could find them whether it was Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Meijer, etc.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:14 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Didn't know any of this before, I might do this with my Crystal :D

Thanks so much!

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:43 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Anyone who is worried about breaking the tabs, etc., etc., don't worry. When you break the tabs off of the battery, it will make a small, almost snapping sound, and there will be a tiny piece of metal from the tabs on the battery. However, STILL do not worry. As long as the tabs are connected to the silicon chip, it'll be fine. I tried this with my Silver and Crystal, and both work PERFECTLY now. And if a fourteen-year-old can do it, almost anyone can. THANK YOU KRISP FOR THIS GUIDE!!! :D :D

EDIT: sobohobo, the battery can be any kind. I think mine were Panasonic, and were 6.99 for two at a CVS. also, you may want to use the knive like a crobar just to pry it up a little and then do what I did, which was use the tweezers I used to get that "Nazi screw" (Krisp's words) out, and just pull the top one off. Once you do that you can use your hands to pull the battery off the bottom one, but push one finger down on the spot that the tab connects to the chip so the tab stays on. For thin slices of metal, those tabs actually stay together pretty well, so just worry about it staying connected to the chip. it won't/shouldn't break in half. Hope that helps you.

you rage for no reason because you have no reason

Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

LSA2013 wrote:
I've already had my dad do this, almost by the book, except he did 2 things differently:
Put the battery upside down but left the tabs in the correct positions
and
Re-soldered the tabs to the battery.

This Silver will save and hold the save for maybe 15 minutes. Now I'm trying to redo the process and the knife is identical to the one he used the first time, but it won't break the tabs off of the battery :frustrated: , and I'm afraid that the tabs themselves will snap off. Any advice? Like maybe a better way to get the tabs off?
yeah i had the same exact problem i had thought i fixed it until it was saving and froze saving

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:12 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

its been forever since i first got them, but my gold and crystal versions stil save perfectly, lol. however....my silver version *sigh* is a whole nother story, it wont hold a save at all, and frequently freezes in the middle of the game whenever some time related event is activated, i dunno why. i have to wonder, how does it know theres a time related event going on if the battery is dead? O_O maybe its possessed. i trained ghost pokemon in my silver version. lol.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:13 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I just tested my Silver and Crystal versions earlier today, on whim wondering if they still worked. Silver plays as good as it ever did and saves perfectly. Crystal is a whole other matter; it will play just fine without freezing or any other problems, but it won't hold save data worth *bleep*. But I think that has more to do with how I played the living crap out of it up until about four years ago when I decided to just retire it for good. I may go back and fix it someday, but then, wouldn't that make it less valuable as a collector's item? I mean, GameBoy games are worth more as is with all the original tech even if it can't save anymore anymore than if you opened them up, replaced the bad battery, and put them back together, aren't they?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next