It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 rate me party 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

just started playin pokemon in a long time, new to gold/silver and not sure about movesets:

umbreon @ miracleberry
mean look
toxic
curse
baton pass

zapdos @ brightpowder
thunderwave
thunderbolt
hidden power (ice)
light screen

entei @ charcoal(not sure of a better item)
sunny day
solar beam
flamethrower
roar (any suggestions for replacing?)

suicune @ nevermeltice
surf
ice beam
mirror coat
mist (or rain dance or sumthing else?)

steelix @ leftovers
earthquake
rock slide (or iron tail idk which is better?)
sandstorm
crunch

lugia @ twisted spoon
safeguard
recover
psychic
aeroblast

im at a loss for better items but i dont wanna have duplicate items on diff pokemon (stadium 2 vs.) and am open to suggestions about better moves. thx guys.

Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:33 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mean Look
Toxic
Curse/Double Team
Baton Pass

standard, this is.

{zapdos} @Miiracle Berry
Reflect
Drill Peck
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave/Steel Wing

You could use HP ice if you could get it... by all means, but otherwise. Steel wing is there for ice and rock types zapdos is dreading.

{entei} @Bright Powder
Return
Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Solar Beam

Standard. Return would feed off entei's awesome attack.

{suicune} @Focus Band
Surf
Mirror Coat
Roar
Rest

Leftovers usually here, but i think focus band would also work well with focus band and roar. You have rest to back it up too.

{steelix} @Quick Claw
Explosion
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Curse

I always used quick claw over leftovers for steelix. I just didn't like leftovers due to steelix's poor special defense. Godly defense though. However, it ties well with curse, rock slide and explosion. It could flinch, disregard the speed decrease, and first strike opportunity with explosion before it faints. Somehow it just works wonders for me.

{lugia} @Mint Berry
Rest
Aeroblast
Earthquake
Curse

Standard cursegia... usually leftovers on this, but since you don't want double items. I think leftovers would be more needed by umbreon.

I really don't recommend you using oobers and legendaries... it just takes the fun away from the game.

Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:18 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Pretty good rate stitemeister, just a couple of things I wanted to add.

{umbreon} Since Mean Look is on there I think you should put Swagger over Baton Pass for trapping purposes.

{suicune} Works, but you could try Ice Beam over Roar, since Surf may not cover enough types.

{lugia} Why Rest? It can learn Recover! Recover is better than Rest.

Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:44 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{umbreon} Since Mean Look is on there I think you should put Swagger over Baton Pass for trapping purposes.

Umm... Why would you put swagger? I know it ties well with curse and mean look, but the purpose of baton pass is to give the stat boost to umbreon's team mates. Plus, you would also pass mean look, which would give you control over the game. Personally I do prefer double team over curse...

{suicune} Works, but you could try Ice Beam over Roar, since Surf may not cover enough types.

I put roar because the team does not have any hazers. Also in case you come across a mean looker yourself. But you could put ice beam, that would be okay.

{lugia} Why Rest? It can learn Recover! Recover is better than Rest.

I know recover is better,, but I put rest over recover, because lugia is very prone to stat altering moves(PRZ, Toxic). Besides, after a couple of curses, within the two turns you waste on rest, I highly doubt that anything would be able hurt this thing anyway.

Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:00 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Umm... Why would you put swagger? I know it ties well with curse and mean look, but the purpose of baton pass is to give the stat boost to umbreon's team mates. Plus, you would also pass mean look, which would give you control over the game. Personally I do prefer double team over curse...

{umbreon} doesn't make that good of a passer, since it's speed is just okay, but it could work.

Umbreons are usally used as a trapper, Jolteon and Espeon work well as passers.

There was also an old set I remember,

{umbreon} @ Leftovers

Swagger/Confuse Ray
Toxic/Body Slam
Double Team
Curse

The strategy is to start with Swagger/Confuse Ray, than Toxic/Body Slam, followed by Double Team and Curse. Curse and D-Team are used mostly when you think the opponent will switch.

Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have to disagree actually... Umbreon is a great baton passer, since he's one of the only three in the game who can baton pass a meam look/spider web (Ariados and Smeargle are the other two). For instance, if you come across a grass type and you get to trap it, you may be able to pass your mean look to, let's say, a scizor and start setting up. He's a great trapper, but he's even greater when he can actually share his trapping ability to his team mates.

It's true that jollteon and espeon has good speed and will probably be able to increase stat then baton pass quickly, that is provided they don't faint after one to two turns. But if you want to pass double team, he's you're guy since he is hard to put down and rarely goes down in one blow or even dented.

Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:29 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

edited team:

{umbreon} @ leftovers
mean look
toxic
curse (still wanna raise stats of switched sweeper and its a tank so it can live w/o d-team)
baton pass

{zapdos} @ Miracle Berry
Reflect
T-wave
Thunderbolt
HP Ice (its at 70 power i think)

{entei} @ Bright Powder
Return
Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Solar Beam

{suicune} @ Focus Band
Rest
Surf
Icebeam
Mirror Coat

{steelix} @ Quick Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch (idk dont have much against psychic powerhouses and i can always baton pass the curse from umbreon)
Explosion

{lugia} @ Mint Berry
Rest
Earthquake
Aeroblast
Curse

regarding the {umbreon} : the reason i didnt put any real attack on it is cuz its attack stats are dead abysmal. body slam would only be effective for inflicting possible 30% paralysis, but toxic wouldnt make that possible, anyway. its def stats tho are amazing so i use as a tank to take the first hits if an opponent switches and control the game by baton passing the mean look to a type advantage.

sry bout using the 00bers. ill try to find replacements for suicune and lugia (sticking with entei cuz the sunny day-solar beam thing is only found in ho-oh and houdoom and i dont want another dark pokemon, and zapdos i finally got hp to be a strong ice move)

Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i had a team almost identical to that one well not the movsets but i think wat has been said looks better than wat i had

Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think you have a damn good team better than mine.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Champ, this topic hasn't been posted in for well over a month. If you want to increase your post count, give HELPFUL input in CURRENT topics.

Locked to prevent further spam.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]