It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 heracross and scyther? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

bug pokemon arent typically the best type to get but if you are thinking about get 1 i would get heracross with his great attack and have moves on it such as dig, earthquake, brick break, rock slide and so on.

or scyther with technician which raises his 60power or less moves by 1.5 such as wing attack and aerial ace if you teach it to him/her and teach its swords dance aswell which raises his attack by 2 stages (how ever much that is).

ive got heracross and brick break alone takes out rock, ice, normal, steel and dark. but im also getting scyther hopefully with technician. just because i ive always liked it, only think is fire pokemon are its weakness so im planning on getting a decent water pokemon after.

anyone had any pokemon that arent that powerful that alot of people wouldnt use but you have and has done well for you in your game. i know a raticate laughs at morty and his ghost pokemon they cant do anything against it.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

sportsk123 wrote:
i know a raticate laughs at morty and his ghost pokemon they cant do anything against it.

Only if the Raticate has Bite or Crunch, and it has the good fortune of going up against a Ghost outfitted with only Ghost-type moves. Don't forget that while it's true Ghost-type attacks are ineffective against Normal-type Pokémon, the reverse is also true. And, many developed Ghost-types don't rely on their typing as much as you would think. Often, they have status-inducing moves that do the dirty work for them, as opposed to head-on offense. Think Gengar with a Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo, or a Will-o-Wisping Dusclops, and you get the idea.

Back to your question, though, yeah, I think many of us have messed around with underused Pokémon before. For instance, I used to use a Dream Eating Butterfree that I mated with its Compoundeyes Ability and Sleep Powder, back when D/P first came out. Irritated the snot out of my cousin with it, I did. :lol:

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Overlooked but deceptively tough was what I liked so much about Politoed to begin with. You know, before it got Drizzle and became everyone else's best friend too

I mean, I don't care that much, but it was more fun when "My favorite is Politoed" was met with "really, why" instead of "Drizzle, eh"

Oh well.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have Rapidash in my team, and I'm planning to get it shiny.
He is underused, but he has the ability to deal heavy damage on the first round with his Powerfull attack and sp.attack and amazing speed.

{rapidash} Item: Charcoal
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Flamethrower/ Heat Wave/ Flame Wheel/ etc.
-Body Slam

~His weaknesses: Rock, Ground, Water
Solarbeam supereffective on: Rock, Ground, Water

~With Sunny Day, charcoal and STAB, His Fire Type move deal destructive damage!!!

~He can paralyze with Body Slam :)

~He looks amazing shiny :D

That's why he's my Favorite pokemon!!! ;)
Quote:
Skeleton wrote:
Overlooked but deceptively tough was what I liked so much about Politoed to begin with. You know, before it got Drizzle and became everyone else's best friend too

I mean, I don't care that much, but it was more fun when "My favorite is Politoed" was met with "really, why" instead of "Drizzle, eh"

Oh well.

He can't learn... Thunder... :frustrated:
But he seems awesome ;)

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'd have to say my Beedrill on this one. I caught it as a Kakuna, and raised it until it had more than just harden. I retired her after facing Morty. Klass served for 4 badges, which is good in my standards. She also won me three medals in the PokeAthleon.
Another is Togepi/Togetic. While the former was lacking on battling, it made up for in the PokeAthleon. The latter has the same fate, only because I'm not particulary fond of using Togetic.

Goodbye
"

Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Story of my life in Heartgold with Meganium, Purugly, and Mantine. All 3 of them are really great when you know what their strengths are.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]