It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Unmentioned Pokemon 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Is it just me or has Psypoke missed a few pokemon in the game. Like Slugma ???. I'm certain that a guy gives you a pokemon egg in
Violet Town. Slugma, Wooper and Mareep can be obtained in this way. But why havent they mentioned them as Special pokemon.
I also heard that Larvitar can be found in the Safari Zone. And that Claw fossils can be found somewhere in the game. I also want to know what the chance of finding a fossil is. Plz help I'm Doing a Rock mono type challenge. Plz help I need more pokemon then what is obtainable in the Johto Region. I'm at a disadvantage for the elite four already with Shuckle ( :censored: ), Sudowoodo ( :roll: ), Corsoloa ( :cry: ) and not being able to have revive fossils until Pewter City :frustrated:

Again Plz help me and I might make it a Nuzlocke as well (Maybe, Just Maybe 8-) )

Wed May 22, 2013 2:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think you might be mistaken, the egg that you receive in Violet City is always a Togepi, nothing else. Slugma can't be obtained till pre-game, and Wooper and Mareep are simply found the route beneath Violet City. If you're looking for more rock types, you can catch a Geodude or Onix in most caves, although I'd suggest Union Cave for your best chances. Yes, I do believe that Larvitar has a very small chance of appearing in the Mountain section of the Safari Zone if you place enough special objects, although if you feel like waiting, Mt. Silver has a much higher percentage chance of finding one. Kabuto and Omanyte fossils have a small chance of appearing from rocks you break in the Ruins of Alph. Fossils of other region Pokemon, I'm not sure about, but they may be found from rocks smashed in Kanto.

If you have any more questions, in the future, use the HGSS Questions thread and avoid making your own topic. Thanks.

Wed May 29, 2013 3:20 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

actually you can get those eggs in violet with special codes when talking to a man in the pokemon center

Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

filter wrote:
actually you can get those eggs in violet with special codes when talking to a man in the pokemon center

"Special codes"
That would imply you use something that normal players cannot, and there fore is counted as "Cheating"

But you know, who hasent used it once or twice?
Other than that, the reason you need special codes (Which I didnt know you could actually change the outcome of an egg) is the very reason why they haven't implemented it into the guides
Make sence

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:27 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

no the codes are legit you can get them on filb.de they are four special words you must tell the man and he also gives you special cool box background images you should check it out

Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I cant read German
Can you find an English website that describes it?

Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:08 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Here it is. This is actually the first time that I've heard of this. It seems pretty pointless IMO since Mareep and Wooper are literally on the Route next to Violet City, and Slugma is not very useful outside of mono-type runs. But still a neat discovery I guess.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hmmm, I guess someone is going to have to include that into the guide?

Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This is actually very intersting. I knew you could get box artwork from Primo, but never knew that you could receive an egg as well. I've always wanted to use a Slugma, so I'm thinking if picking it up for my current SoulSilver play through now. Thanks for letting us know about it filter!

Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:50 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

you are welcome twistedturtwig xD

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:38 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Huh, never actually knew that Primo will actually give you something! I guess he really is useful, although I already have Wooper and Mareep and Slugma is easy for me to get. Haha, now I know something about SS that my friends don't about :twisted:
Thanks for the info, filter!

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]