It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Soul Silver 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey guys!

Ive been thinking about buying Soul Silver and u was wondering if y'all could give me some feedback of the game. I watched some videos of the game and I looks better then Platinum (which is my personal favorite). Any positive or negative feedback would be great!

Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:02 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

HeartGold and SoulSilver have essentially no difference between the two, besides version exclusives and being forced to capture either Ho-Oh or Lugia as part of the plot, but I must ask, what exactly are you looking for in the game? if I know that I'll be able to give a better opinion on it.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:07 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I just wanna try a different Pokemon game haha. As much as I love Platinum I wannaplay a different version. SoulSilver looked the most appealing to me.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Soul Silver is a pretty good game; it has an active after-game, a good selection of pokemon, and following pokemon! Not to mention that Johto and Kanto are good regions to play. I will point out, though, that if you can play a Gen IV game, then you can also play any of the Gen V games as well, but I can understand why you'd want to play Soul Silver. It's a good game.

Like DNA said, the only real difference between Heart Gold and Soul Silver is in which pokemon you'd have access to. I'd recommend that you look at the list of version exclusives, and decide whether you'd rather have access to something like Growlithe or Vulpix, Groudon or Kyogre, and the like if you haven't already.

There are a few issues with the games, such as the inability to access a few evolutions like Magnezone and Glaceon. Soul Silver, like every other pre-Gen VI game, is incompatible with Wi-Fi, so you might have trouble evolving some pokemon and the events are completely out of date and unavailable, but those are really the only negatives that I have to say about it.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]