It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Stadium 2 Deletes All Stored Pokemon 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi,
I recently purchased Pokemon Stadium 2 for N64 from eBay. For the most part, it works great. One major issue is that it deletes any Pokemon I store on the N64 cartridge. I tried my Gold, Red & Blue cartridges. All have the same result. Any Pokemon stored on the N64 cartridge are deleted as soon as the power is shut off. I suspected memory corruption, but the rest of the game's progress is saved without issue.

It seems strange. I have no problem using the first Pokemon Stadium to store/retrieve Pokemon. I've had Pokemon stored for years without any problems. (And recently stored/retrieved without any problems.)

I've never used a gameshark/gamegenie on any of the cartridges. The cartridges are not bootlegs. I purchased them all new, sealed in their original packages, retail, when they were first released. (So I am 100% sure they are real.) There are no errors. Everything works perfectly on the gameboy games themselves.

The only thing that might be "wrong" with the games is that I did a bit a of cheating. I used the Mew glitch on Red & Blue. I also used the "clone" trick to get all three starters in Gold.

I replaced the battery in Gold at the beginning of October. I used a 2032 battery (for longer life) instead of a 2025. (My understanding is that the only difference is size and life.)

Does anyone know why this is happening?
...or how to fix this?

Please let me know. I check this thread weekly.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just because they were sealed in a box doesn't mean they're not fakes. Double check on that and see if you can get your money back.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

From the sound of it you are viewing this situation from the wrong angle. Instead of assessing the condition of your Gameboy cartridges (which can still be questionable as the packaging it comes in and the authentic appearance of the cartridge itself does NOT dictate new, used or bootlegged status), it's your Stadium cartridge obtained from Ebay that you need to be concerned about.

Since it's clearly used it sounds like the previous owner corrupted it's databanks possibly performing hacks or cheats on it. That's why you should always carefully read the details of the item including images included and the condition it's listed as. It recently dawned on me after receiving a couple of items that didn't match the condition listed that I never looked beyond 'Used - good'.

Don't worry I'm NOT accusing you of making poor decisions when making this purchase, you could have just as well have been unfortunate but that's what you face when purchasing used video games, you're basically rolling the dice. In any case my condolences for your misfortune.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]