It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
 ~Official GSC Rating Center~ 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

though i rarely use alakazam, reflect does seem to be worth it simply because it helps cover is huge weakness to physical attacks, and combined with its higher special defense, makes it much more survivable..

Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i actually have a lil prob with my alakazam:

{alakazam}@scope lens
psychic
fire punch
ice punch
recover

i dont know if thunderpunch is necessary b/c i already have a raichu on the team with t-bolt or whether recover is very good at all. it only really heals if an opponent deals less than half my health's worth of damage. im also thinking of reflect over recover but when i tried that in r/b/y, it wasnt too great.

Try T-Punch, it'd probably be better than Reflect and Recover. You could even try T-Wave for some fun. For the item, you could try Brightpowder, Scope Lens don't seem too effective to me, unless you're using Slash or Blaze Kick.

Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:36 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

read my siggy... they are all at lvl. 25 +

My Crystal team: {skarmory} {meganium} {croconaw} {graveler} {vaporeon} {zubat}

I'm a dragonite, but it won't fit in the siggy

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:50 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i actually have a lil prob with my alakazam:

{alakazam}@scope lens
psychic
fire punch
ice punch
recover

i dont know if thunderpunch is necessary b/c i already have a raichu on the team with t-bolt or whether recover is very good at all. it only really heals if an opponent deals less than half my health's worth of damage. im also thinking of reflect over recover but when i tried that in r/b/y, it wasnt too great.

you should get T-punch because if raichu gets ko'd

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i mean they are all lvl. 100 for blue and lvl. 25+ for my crystal team

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

the rating center is for movesets not just ur team's pokemon. ur team itself is a bit off balance anyway. u have {victreebel} and {venusaur} two grass on the same team. similarly u have {feraligatr} and {vaporeon} in ur crystal. always avoid same mono type pokemon unless movesets are of the essence to ur team's core strategy. which reminds me: post ur movesets.

EDIT: a standard zapdos will rip ur team to shreds.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

what about this for a moveset (still trying to perfect things)

{scizor}
steelwing
wingattack/hp(rock/fgt/grd/bug) (which do you think would allow for the most all encompassing moveset?)
quickattack
swordsdance

this will allow my to raise my attacking power using swordsdance without having to worry about using turns to increase speed with an agility, and with the low defenses of most fire types (those that dont have low defenses have low enough speeds for {scizor} to use a regular stronger attacks and strike first), a swordsdanced quickattack should be able to take em out... my biggest concern prior to thinking about this moveset was fire types, because most are faster than scizor

also i replaced my {arcanine} ... whatcha think of this one

{tauros} @ leftovers
return (102 attack+stab+attack power+100% accuracy - vicious)
earthquake
irontail
rest

and lastly, do you think i should replace my {umbreon} with:
{flareon} @ leftovers
flamethrower
shadowball
something (hiddenpower, return, irontail, or quickattack)
something (one of remaining three moves not used from above list)

since i lost arcanine's firetype and im not a huge fan of a non-attacking moveset for {umbreon} ?? ive replaced icepunch on {gengar} with a firepunch so i would at least have a firetype with good special attack behind it, and i also went with fireblast over a steel attack or return on {aerodactyl} to get another fire type (even if the spatk is fairly low, its a 120 pt attack), so im leaning toward sticking with {umbreon} (and because of its higher defenses and immunity to psychic types) ... only thing was {flareon} gave a really good attack power for the shadowball and a stab'd fire-type attack...

Last edited by Lynx on Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:16 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Here's my Crystal team. Take note that it stinks.

{alakazam} Lv 54
~Recover
~Psychic
~Future Sight
~Reflect

{jolteon} Lv 51
~Double Kick
~T-Bolt
~Shadow Ball
~Return (Maxed out)

{feraligatr} Lv 61
~Surf
~Ice Punch
~EQ
~Cut (I'm getting rid of it, but not sure what to replace it with)

{lugia} Lv 60
~Gust
~Recover
~Hydro Pump
~Fly
(I just caught him, so he pretty much stinks right now)

{steelix} Lv 56
~EQ
~Rock Smash (Getting rid of it, but not sure what to replace it with)
~Crunch
~Strength (Also getting rid of)

{jumpluff} Lv 47
~Solarbeam
~Sleep Powder
~Headbutt
~Giga Drain

Again, it stinks.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:12 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{alakazam} Lv 54
~Recover
~Psychic
~Future Sight
~Reflect

{jolteon} Lv 51
~Double Kick
~T-Bolt
~Shadow Ball
~Return (Maxed out)

{feraligatr} Lv 61
~Surf
~Ice Punch
~EQ
~Cut (I'm getting rid of it, but not sure what to replace it with)

{lugia} Lv 60
~Gust
~Recover
~Hydro Pump
~Fly

{steelix} Lv 56
~EQ
~Rock Smash (Getting rid of it, but not sure what to replace it with)
~Crunch
~Strength (Also getting rid of)

{jumpluff} Lv 47
~Solarbeam
~Sleep Powder
~Headbutt
~Giga Drain

Again, it stinks.

for alakazam, you may want to replace future sight, which is pretty much a completely pointless attack, less powerful than psychic, and you have to wait a few turns to see any results... reflect and recover are good moves, but keeping both severely limits your versitility in attacks... 2 psychic types on there now also means you face a dark type you're f'd (or does future sight hit anyway, i cant remember)

jolteon youve got a pretty good move set, the problem there is that jolteon's attack power is laughable compared to its special attack, which sadly, there are very few moves it can learn that the special attack utilizes, bite and hidden power being the only ones i can think of off the top of my head...

for feraligatr, its a good moveset, minus the cut obviously... if you're looking for replacements id go with rockslide.. its makes good use of feraligatr's high attack, or you could also breed and go with crunch, which tends to be useful against psychic types... and replace icepunch with icebeam... its a 95 pointer vs a 75 pointer

lugia, id say for now, until you get some better moves there like ancient power or aeroblast, replace gust with psychic

for steelix, probably a rock slide and an irontail in place of those two others would be good...

for jumpliff, in all honestly thats the best i can really see anyone getting out of it... its not a very versitile pokemon

Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{alakazam} Lv 54 @ Leftovers/Brightpowder/Miracleberry
~Fire Punch
~Psychic
~Ice Punch
~Thunderpunch/t-wave

{jolteon} Lv 51 @ leftovers/brightpowder
~T-wave
~T-Bolt
~Bite (it has better sp attack)
~attract/roar

{feraligatr} Lv 61 @ leftovers (this guys not so hot on sp. attck but if u want mixed)
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~EQ
~Return

{lugia} Lv 60 @ mint berry
~EQ
~Rest
~Curse
~Aeroblast (preferably, but gust if u cant get it).

{steelix} Lv 56 @ quick claw
~EQ
~Rock Slide (breed with sudowoodo thats how i got it)
~Curse
~Explosion

{jumpluff} Lv 47 @ leftovers
~Encore/Protect (protect can just aid ur drain-stall tactics. cheap.)
~Sleep Powder
~Leech Seed
~Giga Drain

Again, it stinks.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:58 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ah, thanks to both you Chim and Lynx. Both of you have given me good advice to make my team better. Yay!

Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:28 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

np... someone wanna take a look at the moveset i posted for scizor prior to sneasel's team post as well as offer suggestions on the tauros moveset... ive pretty much already decided to stick with umbreon and go with firepunch over ice on gengar...

one additional question i did have was with regards to items... since i have rest on both my tauros and blastoise, should i go with a mint/miracle berry over leftovers for the held item?? also for my new {scizor} (if you think the moveset is worth anything at all that is), you think i should go focusband (maybe survive that first fire attack), scopelense (for that extra jolt with quickattack), brightpowder (avoid the first fire attack altogether), or just stick with leftovers (to recover some health as im swordsdancing)... also, do you think one of these other items or a miracle berry would be better for any of my other pokemon ( {aerodactyl} , {umbreon} , {tauros} , {gengar} , or {blastoise} ??) or maybe even go with a rest and mintberry on umbreon as well as tauros and blastoise??

edit: ive also been looking at the {ursaring} as an alternative to {tauros} .... i really like its attacking power, even it its defenses are only average and its speed is dangerously low... what i have for it right now is:
{ursaring} @ quickclaw(for low speed)/mintberry(for rest)
return
earthquake
hp flying (its a very weak attack though, around 40 pts, so im looking for alternatives..)
rest

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

return
earthquake
curse
rest

for {scizor} i put in quick claw for that surprise speed. it's saved me on countless occasions when im down to the red line and paralyzation has me up against a fire-type. speed cuts in, baton passes to phys. sweeper just in the nick of time, and makes the rest of the game that much easier.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Here's my fun team to play link battles with if I my opponent isn't really that good.

{jolteon} @ Miracleberry
Agility
Thunderbolt
Substitute
Baton Pass

{umbreon} @ Leftovers
Mean Look
Toxic
Rest
Baton Pass

{espeon} @ Leftovers
Psychic
Morning Sun
Double Team
Baton Pass

{kangaskhan} @ Leftovers
Attract
Supersonic
Return
Rest

{heracross} @ Quick Claw
Earthquake
Megahorn
Endure
Flail

{granbull} @ Leftovers
Heal Bell
Return
Sleep Talk
Rest

and here's my serious team, although they're all UU. When GSBot was still around, I could actually beat some people's OU teams. I call them the bAllStarz.

{electrode} @ Miracleberry
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Reflect
Explosion

{foretress} @ Leftovers
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Double Edge
Explosion

{cloyster} @ Leftovers
Ice Beam
Surf
Tri Attack
Explosion

{golem} @ Quick Claw
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Explosion

{weezing} @ Quick Claw
Haze
Fire Blast
Sludge Bomb
Explosion (this guy was an unexpected sweeper in GSbot, o_O)

{exeggutor} @ Leftovers
Sleep Powder
Body Slam
Psychic
Explosion

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

a standard special sweeper like gengar or alakazam would easily sweep through your second team... the only chance you would have against a gengar with your second team would be the 1 in 5 chance that quickclaw lets golem strike first with an earthquake... almost the entire team is composed of high-defense pokemon with near non-existant special defenses and all but electrode have the speed of a snail, and against someone like gengar, you cant count on explosion to take out that special sweeper that would own you... i actually like your first team better... its much less vulnerable to a single pokemon or type of pokemon, and the movesets you have on a few of em are great ( {umbreon} and {heracross} especially, although with {heracross} id go with reversal over flail) for {granbull} maybe add shadowball in there again for something like a gengar where your only two attacks would be ineffective... also, for {granbull} , {umbreon} , {kangaskhan} , id go with mintberry over leftovers to make rest much more useful... in terms of your second team, you might want to drop fireblast off of golem in favor of a physical attack such as return... golem's attack stat is double its special attack...

Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Lynx: I never really won with that second team. I'd actually lose to an OU team using fun pokes than win with an OU team. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm gonna go ahead and put mint berries on the pokemon you suggested, and I think I made a mistake and assumed that Kanga could learn Supersonic.
I have a few questions about the movesets, though.
For Umbreon, should I keep lefties on him and put Confuse Ray over Rest, then put another move over Supersonic on Kanga? Oh, and on Hera, I meant Reversal, not flail. It's just been so long since I've last played. Also, I don't think I quite like Espy's set. Any suggestions for that?

Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

one of espeon's major weaknesses is its poor movepool... it has an incredible special attack (second only to alakazam and tied with gengar), but the only moderately powerful attack it can learn that uses that stat is psychic... hidden power is another option, but its always a pain trying to get one with a hidden power of a type and power worth using... morning sun is always good to have, unless you want to go with rest and mintberry there too... otherwise, the baton passing set is good, as there isnt much else asside from its psychic attack that espeon is good for... as for umbreon, you could go with confuse ray or maybe if you wanna be a real pain, replace rest with protect and baton pass with detect... start the fight with meanlook, then toxic, then alternate detects and protects until the poison makes your opponent faint :twisted:
as for kangaskhan, ive never much liked it personally, even though stat wise it is actually a pretty good pokemon... maybe something like return, earthquake, shadowball, and either irontail or rest... or you could go with an endure/reversal combo on there as well, which would work fairly nicely with kangaskhan's decent speed...

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{feraligatr} @ nothing

ice beam
slash
hydro pump
earthquake

{raikou} @ magnet

rain dance
thunder
thunderbolt
spark

{lugia} @ nothing

aeroblast
psychic
recover
ancient power

{donphan} @ hard stone

earthquake
rollout
takedown
flail

{umbreon} @ mint berry

moonlight
faint attack
hiddenpower
bite

{mantine} @ mystic water

bubblebeam
wingattack
take down
surf

Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ice beam
slash
hydro pump
earthquake
first off, nothing is not what you want for an item, i think something is definitely a better item :mrgreen: (lol... seriously though... even if its just a leftovers, get something on there)... as for the moveset, i personally like breeding a feraligatr with tyranitar or rhydon or something to get rockslide on there... feraligatrs attack is much higher than its spatk... for that reason, id ditch icebeam in favor of the rockslide, or if you really want icebeam (which isnt a bad move) drop the slash... if you're gonna ditch icebeam though, drop slash for return... also, prob go with surf over hydropump just for the accuracy, but thats more of a personal preference type call... earthquake is definitely a keeper move though

{raikou} @ magnet
rain dance
thunder
thunderbolt
spark
you gotta be kidding... you've got not 1, not 2, but 3 electric attacks on there... talk about wasted space... first of all, raikou can learn crunch and has a good spatk to use it with, so get crunch on there and get rid of spark... secondly, if your raikou learns a good special-type hidden power, go with that over raindance, and then probably reflect over thunder (simply because the only supereffective attack against raikou's electric is a ground attack, which reflect would cut in half as well as reducing all other physical attacks by half (raikou's defense is pretty low too, so this would be useful)... if it cant learn a good hidden power id still get reflect on there, but maybe either put it on over thunderbolt, or over raindance and drop thunder for another attack (its pointless to have thunder on there without the raindance) ... for the item, there are much better things than magnet... it doesnt even make a huge difference in the damage you do... a leftovers is always a good choice if you dont want to go with something like a brightpowder, kingsrock, or scopelense...

{lugia} @ nothing
aeroblast
psychic
ancient power
recover
a solid moveset to be sure, though id go with earthquake over ancient power, mainly because its a more powerful attack... and for lugia, definitely, definitely leftovers... combined with its huge defenses, will make it much harder to bring down..

{donphan} @ hard stone
earthquake
rollout
takedown
flail
first of, again ditch the hard stone... it barely helps the attack at all... a quick claw is always good on a slow, powerful pokemon... as for the moveset, takedown pales in comparison to return... return at its max has 10 pts more damage and does no recoil... also, flail is not the best move on a slow pokemon... maybe go with either a physical-type hidden power or rest... (if you go rest though, put a mint berry on instead of quickclaw)... also, instead of rollout, id breed and get it ancientpower...

{umbreon} @ mint berry
moonlight
faint attack
hiddenpower
bite
i dont quite see the logic in having 2 dark type moves of equal power and accuracy... also, what type is your umbreon's hidden power? grants its useful, i personally would say your fine as long as you ditch bite or faintattack to get psychic or return, but i also feel i have to point out that umbreon is awesome as a pest, if you throw on toxic, meanlook, and some combination of staller moves, and use its defensive power to its full potential rather than trying to use its relatively weak attacking powers... it all depends on what you want to use it for... either way though, unless you're gonna go with rest over moonlight, id say give it leftovers instead of a mintberry

{mantine} @ mystic water
bubblebeam
wingattack
take down
surf
dude... get rid of bubblebeam... surf is more powerful and more useful... mantine's attack is crap, so personally id say get rid of wingattack and takedown as well... definitely throw icebeam on there... confuse ray would also be good along with probably some special-type hidden power, or else maybe doubleteam or just leave wingattack... and instead of mystic water, either a leftovers or a brightpowder...

Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{lugia} @Mint Berry (<- I have an endless amount of these thanks to my monster brain)
Aero Blast
Earthquake
Surf
Rest

{entei} @??? (<- I forgot what i had here)
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
---

{lanturn} @Magnet
Thunder
Rain Dance
Surf
Confuse Ray

{venusaur} @Miracle Seed
Solarbeam
Leech Seed
Earthquake (<- lots of these TMs too.)
Sludge Bomb

{tyranitar} @??? (<- forgot)
Rock Slide
Earhquake
Thunderbolt
???(<- forgot)

{steelix} @Beserk Gene (<- plenty of these)
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Rock Slide
Dragon Breath

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Aero Blast
Earthquake
Surf
Rest
a good moveset... psychic over surf would get stab, but both work...

{entei} @???
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
---
those attacks are good, given entei's limited movepool, just remember its attack is considerably higher than its spatk, so maybe for the fourth move, return to take advantage of that attack... for an item maybe just go with leftovers or brightpowder

{lanturn} @Magnet
Thunder
Rain Dance
Surf
Confuse Ray
if i were making a lanturn, this is pretty much what i would have, except that i would ditch magnet for either leftovers or brightpowder, however i dont have crystal.. if i did id prob go with thunderbolt over thunder and icebeam over raindance...

{venusaur} @Miracle Seed
Solarbeam
Leech Seed
Earthquake
Sludge Bomb
id personally go with gigadrain over solarbeam, especially if you dont have sunny day on there... it does the same damage over two turns, but also recovers health... id prob ditch miracleseed for scopelense or leftovers

{tyranitar} @???
Rock Slide
Earhquake
Thunderbolt
???
might your 4th attack have been crunch??? if not it should have been... with stab it would be your most powerful move, even though tyranitar's attack is higher than its spatk.... for an item maybe go with brightpowder, especially since it has a double weakness to fighting types and most of the more powerful fighting type attacks tend to have lower accuracy, might as well increase the chance of missing, since 1 fighting type will probably finish you anyway...

{steelix} @Beserk Gene
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Rock Slide
Dragon Breath
not to sure why you would have dragonbreath on here... steelix's special attack is ... well... poor.... for the last move maybe consider rest... that would mean replacing berserk gene with mintberry, but ive never been a fan of berserk gene anyway... i always have terrible luck with confusion.... or you could go with another attacking move like return and then just go with quickclaw as your item...

Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{steelix} @Beserk Gene
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Rock Slide
Dragon Breath
not to sure why you would have dragonbreath on here... steelix's special attack is ... well... poor.... for the last move maybe consider rest... that would mean replacing berserk gene with mintberry, but ive never been a fan of berserk gene anyway... i always have terrible luck with confusion....
Well, I don't think i used steelix too often, ('cause i just found my crystal and put down what i had on it.) because I had a pretty good Foretress in my box... Anyhow i battled with it and it did quite well, cause it never got hurt by confusion, lucky me! :mrgreen:

Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

look back in this post for pokemon that have already been rated. but ill reiterate them for u anyway:

{lugia} @ mint berry
aeroblast
EQ
curse
rest

{entei} @ scope lens/brightpowder/king's rock
sunny day
flamethrower
solarbeam
return

attach leftovers or miracleberry on {lanturn}

{venusaur} @ leftovers
toxic/synthesis
leech seed
sleep powder
giga drain

{tyranitar} attach leftovers/mint berry
rock slide
EQ
T-bolt
rest

{steelix} @ quick claw
EQ
rock slide
curse
explosion

ur {tyranitar} and {steelix} are almost the same (phys. sweep with rock and ground) so switch one off for a good special sweeper like {alakazam} that ur lacking.

Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have a new silver team, please rate it soz if this is spammin:

{feraligatr} @ mystic water
ice punch
hydro-pump
surf
earthquake

{ampharos} @ magnet
thunderpunch
thunder
bodyslam
fireblast

{espeon} @ leftovers
psybeam
psychic
takedown
bite

{lugia} @ leftovers
aeroblast
psychic
earthquake
recover

{dragonite} @ dragon fang
thunder
outrage
hyper beam
fly

{mew} @ mintberry
megapunch
psychic
recover
rockslide

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{mew}

Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch
Hyper Beam

I personally think it's not too good.

Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next