It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 ~Official GSC Rating Center~ 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thanks! I'll give it a try on one of my clone Mews

Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'd like this Mew rated:

{mew}

Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch
Hyper Beam

I personally think it's not too good.

Yeah, The Punches all have stronger version and Hyper Beam is just bad,

There are 2 standards, I perfer the first one,

{mew} @ Leftovers
Psychic
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt/Flamethrower (Crystal)
Softboiled

Special Sweeper.

{mew} @ Leftovers
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Swords Dance
Softboiled

Physical Sweeper.

Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ice punch
hydro-pump
surf
earthquake
ok... if you're gonna go with an ice move, go with icebeam... i mean come on, same PP, 20 pts more damage, same accuracy... also, you dont need two water type attacks, so get rid of hydropump and breed in either a rockslide or a crunch... also, ditch the mystic water for a leftovers

{ampharos} @ magnet
thunderpunch
thunder
bodyslam
fireblast
can ampharos even learn fireblast??? if so, cool... anywho, ditch that thunderpunch, again for a more powerful attack, thunderbolt... probably drop both thunder and bodyslam for maybe something like thunderwave and either attract or a special-type hiddenpower... also, ditch magnet for quickclaw or leftovers

{espeon} @ leftovers
psybeam
psychic
takedown
bite
you've got psychic, so you dont need freaking psybeam... put morningsun on there instead... you also dont need takedown cause espeons attack power is crap... probably just a hiddenpower special type would be good...

{lugia} @ leftovers
aeroblast
psychic
earthquake
recover
me-sa liiiikin disss.......

{dragonite} @ dragon fang
thunder
outrage
hyper beam
fly
dragonite has the best attack stat (tied with tyranitar) in GSC, so use it with moves like extremespeed/return, wingattack (fly if its for in-game and you want the HM), hiddenpower physical (maybe a rock, fighting, or steel type to deal with ice types), and maybe just so you have a special on there for high defense types, flamethrower or fireblast for steel types... and drop the dragon fang for another leftovers here too...

{mew} @ mintberry
megapunch
psychic
recover
rockslide
first off, i dont quite see why you need a mintberry if you dont have rest on here... maybe go with a miracleberry if you want to prevent status ailments... otherwise, leftovers is always the safest bet ... the first thing movewise would be to get rid of megapunch... its a terrible attack... maybe throw and icebeam on there instead... typewise it covers a lot of ground... rockslide is good, as it also covers a good deal of ground typewise, but overall i think either earthquake or flamethrower/fireblast would be better choices for their higher damage as well as their effectiveness against steel types, which are always a concern...

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Myuutsuu wrote:
I'd like this Mew rated:

{mew}

Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch
Hyper Beam

I personally think it's not too good.

Yeah, The Punches all have stronger version and Hyper Beam is just bad,

There are 2 standards, I perfer the first one,

{mew} @ Leftovers
Psychic
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt/Flamethrower (Crystal)
Softboiled

Special Sweeper.

{mew} @ Leftovers
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Swords Dance
Softboiled

Physical Sweeper.

If you don't mind me adding RL, the Special Sweeper is probably the way to go. Mew's Sp. Attack no matter what, will be rising like fire and gas. :roll:

Just something I thought I should add. But no matter what, it's up to you. :)

Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If you don't mind me adding RL, the Special Sweeper is probably the way to go. Mew's Sp. Attack no matter what, will be rising like fire and gas. :roll:

Just something I thought I should add. But no matter what, it's up to you. :)

Note that every single one of mew's stats are going to be the exact same if they have the same DV's.

Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Surprisingly the Physical Mew can actually work, just you have to watch out for Skarm and T-Tar (even though you have EQ). Ancientpower also helps if you get a Stat boost from it.

But with the Special one you have to watch out for Blissey, so you're pretty much even.

Wonder if we should open a Standard Set guide for GSC?

Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wonder if we should open a Standard Set guide for GSC?

that would be cool

Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{lugia} Mixed Sweeper
@ Leftovers
Surf
Aeroblast
EQ
Rest

Attack, attack, attack, recover when needed, lefties keeps you in battle longer.

{ninetales} Toxiswitcher
@ Gold Berry
Flamethrower
Confuse Ray
Roar
Toxic

Toxic, roar, when it's safe to attack use confuse ray & flamethrower.

{tyranitar} Physical Sweeper
@ Mint Berry
EQ
Rock Slide
Iron Tail
Rest

Rest when needed, other than that attack like a mad man.

{ariados} Annoyer
@ Bright Powder
Psychic/Sludge Bomb
Double Team
Disable
Swagger

This will mess with people, trust me it does. Disable their attacks when you want, double team like crazy, swagger to confuse & use the other attack to win.

{blissey} Tank
@ Lefties
Shadow Ball
Light Screen
Softboiled
Curse?

Well, use light screen, attack, then heal when needed. Use curse to raise defense & attack, this helps time in battle & the power of Shadow Ball.

{kingdra} Special Sweeper
@ Lefties
Dragon Breath
Surf
Ice Beam
Double Team/Swagger

Just, sweep & use Double Team to mess with their accuracy, or Swagger to confuse them.

Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lugia - Psychic over Surf for STAB and Recover is much better than Rest.

Ninetales - I don't really like the Toxicishuffler, but if it works for you. Attach Lefties.

Tyranitar - Return (If Happiness is maximum) or Crunch over Iron Tail.

Ariados - Ariados works better as a Baton Passer, Try the Baton Pass Standard with Agility, Double Team, Spider Web and Baton Pass.

Blissey - Are you reversed? Blissey has great Special Defense and Horrible attack. Try Psychic, Counter, Heal Bell and Softboiled.

Kingdra - I like Rest more as the last move for recovery.

Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

agree with RL but would change the following:

lugia: EQ, aeroblast, curse, rest attach mint berry
tyranitar: try t-bolt over iron tail to cover that weakness

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I totally lost my mind It's not blissey as the tank it's Clefable... Stupid stupid... And there is no Softboiled in there it's Sing stupid stupid... Hits self on head with psypoke sledge hammer, I typoed alot of this... Lugia has Recover, not Rest, Tyranitar doesn't have Iron Tail it has Headbutt (<-- just for kicks :P) I was think about a moveset for my Steelix at the time, sorry. And yes love the toxishuffle Ninetales.

Changed stuff:

Lugia has Psychic now.
ninetales has lefties.
Ariados is now a Baton Passer.
Kingdra has Rest over Swagger.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ur current {lugia} i imagine
psychic
eq
aeroblast
recover

ur three offensive moves overlap and arent necessary. scrap psychic because eq and aeroblast already cover fighting and poison (which is wat psychic is good against anyway) and replace with CURSE. this will ensure physical sweepage of the game while raising lugia's already phenomenal defense. rest over recover b/c as long as {lugia} has mint berry i doubt that ur opponent can come back after u regenerate all ur health in one turn. on top of that it nulls any annoying status changes (which recover does not), a many physical sweeper's bane.

Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{aerodactyl} @ leftovers
fly
earthquake
ancientpower
fireblast

{houndoom} @ leftovers
flamethrower
crunch
solarbeam
sunnyday

{alakazam} @ leftovers
psychic
thunderpunch
firepunch
icepunch

{kangaskhan} or {snorlax} or {nidoking} @ leftovers
return
earthquake
rockslide
shadowball
which of these three do you think i should go with for this moveset? what about the moveset itself, you think i should replace any of those with a counter, submission, irontail or skyattack (kangaskhan only) or should i just stick with my good old ursaring, id go ursaring with this moveset minus the shadowball for a rest, but alas, ursaring cant learn rockslide in GSC... its movepool is surprisingly crappy for a normal type, and its my favorite normal type so im disappointed

{kingdra} @ mintberry
surf
icebeam
dragonbreath
rest

{scizor} @ brightpowder
steelwing
hp fighting
wingattack
swordsdance

also, you think i should replace {houndoom} and {alakazam} with:

{espeon} @ leftovers
psychic
bite
hp fire
morningsun

{gengar} @ leftovers
thunderbolt
psychic
firepunch
gigadrain

also, any ideas on how to work my {xatu} in there to fit with the team (not necessarily using the same pokemon up there:
{xatu} @ leftovers
psychic
drillpeck
gigadrain
hp bug

one thought i had for working it in there was a team something like:
{umbreon} , {xatu} , {magmar} , {snorlax} / {kangaskhan} / {nidoking} , {kingdra} , and {scizor}

with magmars set being something like this:
{magmar} @ leftovers
flamethrower
psychic
thunderpunch
return / hpgrass

and with the others being the sets listed about (or a few pages ago in umbreon's case)

Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

lol u need to decide on a team: ur just throwing too many possibilities out there. pick something. :twisted:

{aerodactyl} ditch fly for wing attack and u could go with curse to sack its already-amazing speed anyway for extra attack. u also dont have a hazer so give it whirlwind if ur worried.

{houndoom}, {alakazam}, {kingdra} are standard.

{scizor} @ quick claw
agility
swords dance
baton pass
steel wing/hp bug

i think it was u who was so against the bp scizor, but frankly, ur version just wont survive anything (i.e. charizard, ninetales, arcanine, skarmory, hazers, pseudo-hazers, etc.). with the bper at least u can bp ur upped stats to another pokemon instead of wasting a turn switching when ur opponent whips out one of the above. u can also try the endure-reversal combo they cooked up in the creative movesets HoF.

{snorlax} @ mint berry
belly drum
rest
return
eq/shadowball

dont c the need for all ur other possible choices (espeon, magmar, etc.) since uve got the type advantages all covered. if u want u can replace alakazam with espeon. at the cost of more type advantages ull get the nice espeon standard moveset:

{espeon} @ brightpowder
sunny day
psychic
hp-fire
morning sun

with sunny day, ur hp-fire will be 1.5x its strength and ull get a 2x bonus on healing with morning sun. practically unstoppable sweepage.

but uve got 3 sp. sweepers, 2 phys. sweepers and a bp-er. if u want, u can replace one of the sp. sweepers with a healer (blissey)

Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{scizor} @ quick claw
agility
swords dance
baton pass
steel wing/hp bug

im not arguing that {scizor} isnt a good baton passer, it is, but i am arguing that he's one of the better physical sweepers in the game and that is how i want to use him... the only weakness ive found with him is to other firetypes... i dont see why you think skarmory would beat my scizor... a few swords dances and an hpfighting (which happens to be more powerful than my wingattack, so its in the 70 pt damage range), will bring down a skarmory much faster than a skarmory could break through scizor's armor... also, scizor's attack is easily high enough (even with or higher than machamp and ursaring and flareon and kingler and rhydon and those guys) that he doesnt absolutely need swords dances, especially if his opponent is going to spend time hazing... so we are again left with the problem of firetypes... and even then, given enough speed, as long as scizor strikes first its likely to be a 1 hit ko... so a quickclaw or maybe a girafaring to BP him some agilities (or a 2nd scizor to BP agilities and swordsdances :D ) or even the quick attack set i posted before (a 3 swordsdanced quick attack was powerful enough to take down the equal-leveled houndoom and charizard in the elite 4 ) ... if only scizor could learn extremespeed, id be set :D ... the thing is, i dont there there is a phsycal sweeper out there with the possible exception of kingler (who's movepool is too limited) that has the balance between speed and power that scizor has (and theres no sweeper out there thats even half as cool :mrgreen: )... sweepers like machamp are just too slow, and/or dont have access to attack raising moves like swordsdance... which i guess is why you are such a proponent of the batonpassing scizor... it gives those pokemon those stats they need most, but it also gives those stats to scizor, who is just as well suited to use them... i suppose i could always throw agility on there over wingattack, which will give scizor the ability to raise his own speed, or i could go for a BPassing girafarig with agility... the thing about the batonpassing scizor is that you still have to spend time raising stats before you can baton pass something, so in that time he will be just as vulnerable to fire or other attacks as he would be if he were attacking, but once you've raised those stats, why not use them to scizor's advantage...

there is one thing you can clarify... does baton pass always strike first, or is it speed dependent??

Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

baton pass is speed-dependent and thats y agility is on there along with quick claw (in case of paralysis).

if ur so sure about the scizor i recommend u try it out on netbattle. my premonition is that it will get pwned but just imho. skarmory btw will totally pwn ur scizor. lay down a couple spikes, roar u out everytime u try to swords dance and u wont get past SKARMORY'S amazing defense, not the other way around.

EDIT: scizor has no balance between speed and power. it has a poor speed of only 65. that's slower than a miltank :roll: the baton-passing scizor has no problems as long as ur opponent does not start with a fire-type. u agility on the first turn and if ur opponent switches to a fire-type u can bp the agility to sumthing like a snorlax and sweep through his entire team. note that the standard bp scizor also has a damaging attack! :shock: steel wing actually does damage?? :roll: now theres an idea :!: swords dance twice (maxes out ur attack, which btw is not a big forfeit of turns) and steel wing will deal massive damage.

hp fighting also demands the lowest dvs on attack and defense (12 for each). just a reminder that ur sacrificing a lot of stats for the move.

Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:54 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

you're kidding right... why would i want to waste a turn baton passing my scizors up'ed stats to a snorlax who has a lower attack, lower speed, and lower defense and whom i want to use as a physical sweeper??? and yes, scizor is faster than most of the other true phsycial sweepers... yeah its slower that miltank, but miltank is no physical sweeper.. im talking base attacks well over 100 with versilitile enough movepools to cover a decent range of types... dragonite, heracross, and hitmonlee are the only ones above base 105 that meet that criteria and are faster than scizor... aerodactyl, primeape, and feraligatr are at 105, which is bordering on a bit low for a physical sweeper...

also, i would appreciate it if you would remember that this is GSC we're talking about... skarmory cant learn spikes... and yes, scizor easily has the attacking power to beat skarmory's defense, but skarmory's attack is fairly weak... think of it this way.. add skarmory's attack and defense together... base 80+base 140 = 220 ... now scizor's ... base 130 + base 100 = 230 ... now consider that neither has a supereffective attack and none of skarmory's attacks are more powerful than those that scizor can learn, and you can draw the conclusion that indeed scizor will prevail, unless of course you use whirlwind/roar, in which case you either bring in my aerodactyl (which has fireblast) , my houndoom (which has flamethrower), my alakazam (which has firepunch), my kingdra (whose surfs will eat skarmory's low defense alive), or my other phsycal sweeper, who skarmory might have a chance against... 1 in 5 odds for a roar are pretty good for me... with that alone ill use swordsdance and not care if he roars me away... if he does, hes dead, if he doesnt, he's equally dead... thank you and good night...

now as for hiddenpower, ive been considering using the HP rock scizor that i have and combining that with agility, steelwing, and swordsdance... you think that would be any better (an agilitied HP rock would be an easy 1 hit ko on a firetype, as it too, is a near full strength hiddenpower), but the rock type over fighting would somewhat reduce the overall usefulness, as fighting is good for breaking through an umbreon tank (who's toxic is ineffective against scizor as an added bonus) as well as for breaking through other physical walls, which tend to be normal, rock, or steel types, all of which fighting is supereffective against...

Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:17 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

if u agility bp to a snorlax it would have higher hp and sp. def than scizor. with the added speed it would be able to go first against pretty much any of ur opponent's pokemon and u could sweep through with bellydrum-return combo. thatll max out its attack and multiply the damage by 1.5x for stab pretty much sweeping through the other team. the bonus speed will reduce the chances that ur opponent will even hurt u before u sweep through. however, if u feel that ur set is much better go with it. if u dont include agility in ur phys. sweeping set, then by all means go with quick claw not brightpowder. if u fear fire, go with hp rock rather than fighting. that way uve got flying types covered too. plus hp rock means a higher attack dv than fighting, a nice bonus to that oh so important stat.

Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've probably messed up my pokes, but here it goes.
I'm using
{mr.mime} @King's Rock (this one's tag isn't working)
Fire Punch
Reflect
Substitute
Psychic

{gengar} @Miracle Seed
Toxic
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Giga Drain

{aerodactyl} @Brightpowder
Ancientpower
Wing Attack
roar
EQ
{pidgeot} @Lefties
Attract
Wing Attack
Steel Wing
Return
{kingdra} @Lefties
Attract
Ice Beam
Dragonbreath
Surf

{feraligatr} @Scope Lens
Toxic
Surf
EQ
Fury Cutter (used to be rain dance, but then I'd be a little bit screwed whenever I saw anyody with a half decent electric type, I definately want a different move in place of this.
Feel free to laugh at my set. I'm also having problems with the pokemon tags, so laugh at that too.

Last edited by Eswin on Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

Thu May 05, 2005 1:10 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My Pokemon Crystal Team:
{mew} Lv.56
{mewtwo} Lv.55
{lugia} Lv. 55
{celebi} Lv. 54
{espeon} Lv. 54
{starmie} Lv. 54

Last edited by Psychic Girl on Sun May 15, 2005 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 07, 2005 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mine is on my sig. :) But I can't think of any good moves. Can you help? If you post tell me why it's good. Thanks!

We do not supply movesets. You must come up with your own, then we will rate them.

Sat May 07, 2005 2:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm thinking of training a new final evo poke, and i'm not sure which one would be good, so i thought i'd ask here, since we don't have a suggestion center.

I want a new poke that i haven't trained already (See list).

I've trained,

Aerodactyl
    Ampharos
    Articuno
    Beedrill
    Blastoise
    Butterfree
    Celebi
    Charizard
    Clefable
    Crobat
    Dragonite
    Dugtrio
    Entei
    Espeon
    Fearow
    Feraligatr
    Furret
    Gengar
    Golem
    Gyarados
    Ho-oh
    Houndoom
    Jolteon
    Jumpluff
    Lugia
    Meganium
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Moltres
    Nidoqueen
    Pikachu (Light Ball)
    Politoed
    Raichu
    Raikou
    Scizor
    Seaking
    Skarmory
    Sudowoodo
    Suicune
    Typhlosion
    Tyranitar
    Umbreon
    Vaporeon
    Venomoth
    Venusaur
    Zapdos

I can take care of the set though.

Fri May 20, 2005 1:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

they can be solid pokes with their respective type attacks + psychic + a special punch + another move...

kingdra is also very solid

Fri May 20, 2005 2:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm also thinking of getting a {blissey}, But i'm not too sure on it's set.

I was thinking something like,

Psychic
Heal Bell
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Chimaerax wrote:
*check rate from above*

ur current {lugia} i imagine
psychic
eq
aeroblast
recover

ur three offensive moves overlap and arent necessary. scrap psychic because eq and aeroblast already cover fighting and poison (which is wat psychic is good against anyway) and replace with CURSE. this will ensure physical sweepage of the game while raising lugia's already phenomenal defense. rest over recover b/c as long as {lugia} has mint berry i doubt that ur opponent can come back after u regenerate all ur health in one turn. on top of that it nulls any annoying status changes (which recover does not), a many physical sweeper's bane.

Personally I like the Miracle - Recover, better than the Mint - Rest.
Recover seems to help more since you can recover multiple times and you don't fall asleep after losing the Berry. (Doesn't SF's Lugia have Lefties anyway?)
I do see what you mean with Rest, though you have to admit with the speed lost from Curse, you could be knocked out by a Sweeper or an Annoyer before you can rest.
If you're really worried about Status problems, get Safeguard on a different pokemon and switch to Lugia.

You could do Curse over Psychic, though personally I don't like Curse, since it murders your speed (It's good on Sudowoodo and Flareon though).

The reason why Psychic was there is because alot of Rocks pokes have huge defense and about average Special Defense.
So Psychic would probably do more than EQ (EQ = 200 on Defense, Psychic - 135 on Special Defense, most rocks have about 300 defense and 200 Special Defense) and if you have the Curse strategy on there, you'd give them chances to use Explosion (Golem or Electrode) or a status move like T-Wave (Whatever pokes learn it) and like I said, before you may be able to rest.

Also Psychic works on other pokes who have high def. and just average special D.

Your idea works, just I don't care much for the Cursegia set,
It works good if you want a Good Physical Sweeper.
But Psychic works for a Mixed Sweeper, which I thought is what you wanted your Lugia to be. (T-Tar is Physical (With Return) and Kingdra is Special).

Though i'm not here to start an arguement or anything.

Let's let SF pick what he wants, I'd choose Lugia for Physical Sweeper and get something else over T-Tar (Perhaps an annoyer or trapper (Cheap ol Umbreon anyone?),

T-Tar is okay, just his movepool isn't that good (He only learns 2 Decent Physical Moves, not counting Return and HP), and Speed is an issue with him.

Also I won't be rating anymore, i'll leave the rating to the raters.

Fri May 20, 2005 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next