It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 ~Official GSC Rating Center~ 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

im not a rater either but i find a lot of problems with bobashotmace's rate...

first off {umbreon} CANT learn crunch so scratch that idea... for a real baton passer try mean look, double team/curse, toxic, baton pass.

sunny day on {meganium} is bad b/c it makes it extremely vulnerable to fire attacks. id just keep the set u have but replace synthesis with something like rest and attach leftovers/miracleberry.

for {crobat} you can replace fly with wing attack or mean look for a trapper/annoyer.

{miltank} replace reversal with seismic toss, and t-bolt with milkdrink/rest. you could probably replace attract with body slam or counter since uve got an annoyer already.

{golduck} absolutely do not try disable its unreliable and often useless. stick with ice beam to cover your type advantages. attach leftovers.

{magmar} first off DO NOT replace flamethrower for fireblast. flamethrower has much higher pp and accuracy so u made the right choice. in r/s/e magmar can learn cross chop but seeing as how u posted in the g/s/c forum it cant. replace with thunderpunch. also remove sunny day with something like confuse ray.

Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This will be my first offical rate. :mrgreen:

Shadow Deoxys

{quagsire}@mystic water
Earth Quake
Surf
Amnesia
Rain Dance
I don't see anything wrong here. Pretty "textbook". There's nothing wrong with that.

{umbreon}@black glasses
Bite
Mean Look
Toxic
Moonlight
Mmmm. Ok, but I would try a something like Toxistaller, or however they spell it. Put Double Team over Bite. You can keep Mean Look, or put something like Sand Attack.

{ho-oh}@Charcoal
Sacred Fire
Sunny Day
Recover
Fire Blast
You're in for it here. Two fire attacks? Tsk, tsk. Not to mention Fire Blast has horrible accuracy. Trade FB in for Thunderbolt to take out any water types. Put Earth Quake over recover to take out Electrics. And Flamethrower over Scared Fire, for more PP. Yes, you won't be able to Recover, but you have the power to take out your two deepest fears. However, when it comes to Rocks, get out! :wink:

{typhlosion}@charcoal
Flame Wheel
Flamethrower
Swift
I can't remember
Once again, you don't need two fire attacks. And Swift doesn't have enough power. So let's turn this thing into a true Pokemon! Ditch Flame Wheel for Flamethrower has the power you need. Then put in Thunderpunch for those nasty Water types. Put Earth Quake over Swift for power. Then Sunny Day, OR fnish that last spot with HP Grass to make it Standard, but I'll leave it up to you.

{ampharos}@magnet
thunder (using rain from {quagsire})
thunderpunch
???
???
I see....Still, it won't work buddy. Just the idea of T-Punch, and Thunder, won't happen, even with the rain. Definetely go with Thunderbolt overall. Then finish it with the Standard set. Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Reflect, Fire Punch.

{tyranitar}@Good HP, try Lefties. :wink:
Rock slide
Sandstorm
Crunch
Earth Quake
Great set here! Although, I would put Screech over Sandstorm. Becuase of you High Attack. But then, it's not a huge deal. So do what you want here!

Great job! Just a few corrections that I thought would make your team better. If another Official Rater would like to make my corrections. Please tell me. I can get better off my mistakes!

Official Rater....

Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yep. Official Proclomation: Truestar can rate now.

Yep.

Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:09 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Myabe you should add Truestar and anyone else who can rate in the list in the first post.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Done. Thanks for pointing it out; I forgot.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Earthquake
Ancientpower (dont have crystal, which i guess is how you get rockslide on)
Fly (woulda done wingattack here, but i used it just so i could get around)
Return
high speed and good attack power, and ancientpower actually becomes pretty decent with stab

{gengar} @ leftovers
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch
Gigadrain
taking advantage of that huge special attack here... thought about alakazam, but gengar has almost as good a special attack with higher defense and a better move pool (thunderbolt over thunderpunch and gigadrain for those rock/ground, wtr/grd, and wtr/rck combos as well as to recover health)

{blastoise} @ leftovers
surf
earthquake
icebeam
return/rest (havent decided which)
a tank with good offensive potential as well...

{arcanine} @ leftovers
flamethrower
crunch
extremespeed
hiddenpower (electric) / dragonbreath (leaning heavily toward HP)
coulda gotten basically the same thing out of a houndoom, but arcanine has better stats and just plain looks cooler ;)

{umbreon} @ leftovers
shadowball
psychic
hiddenpower (fighting)
moonlight
not exactly sure why everyone talks about umbreon having a low attack... maybe compared to its defense ratings the attacks are low, but for someone with an allegedly low attack, it can sure dish a beating...

{scizor} @ leftovers
steelwing
wingattack
hiddenpower (ghost)
return (thought about swordsdance, but too late now)
f baton pass, scizor has one of the highest attacks in the game and im darn well gonna use it :D

dont have crystal or gameshark

Last edited by Lynx on Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:32 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Earthquake
Return
high speed and good attack power, and ancientpower actually becomes pretty decent with stab

the only way to teach {aerodactyl} Rock Slide is to upload it into the NYC Pokemon Center's computer, game shark, and it won't even learn it through TM 48 Rock Slide

Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:11 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

umbreon has a low attack period. not just compared to its defense, but compared to most other pokemon's attack. dont use hp fighting or shadow ball or psychic actually.

{umbreon} @ leftovers
mean look
double-team/curse
toxic
baton pass/moonlight

heavily recommend this set. baton passing a mean look means u can switch while the opponent cant. consider that and u should get it in a few seconds 8) CONTROL OF THE GAME...pretty much able to switch to type advantage without opponent being able to switch. on top of that u can baton pass a curse to a phys. sweeper or double team and no one will be able to touch you while opponent's pokemon is quickly wiped out by poison. and on top of it, ur constantly healing with leftovers. this set takes full advantage of umbreon's defensive capabilities while scrapping its HORRIBLE ATTACK STATS.

{scizor} @ quick claw/scope lens/leftovers
agility
swords dance
steel wing
baton pass

dont f baton pass. this is possibly one of the best passers in the game. it doesnt even waste scizor's good attack rating. SWORDS DANCE 8) will raise steel wing like u wont believe and will take out most pokemon in a single hit anyway. u dont need those other moves (return, hp ghost, blah blah waste).

Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Chimaerax, its a good idea, and i like the strategy of meanlooking and baton passing but instead of using it just to get to a type advantage, what about meanlooking, then doubleteaming and cursing to raise attack before baton passing (obviously i wouldnt batonpass something that had a firetype attack lol) to scizor and using agility to bring the speed back up, while keeping the attack maxed out and then using the variety of attack types (steel, flying, and ghost) to sweep....

Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{aerodactyl} @ leftovers
Earthquake
Return
Make sure it likes you. Otherwise he's pretty useless. If he does, you're ok.

{gengar} @ leftovers
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch
Gigadrain
taking advantage of that huge special attack here... thought about alakazam, but gengar has almost as good a special attack with higher defense and a better move pool (thunderbolt over thunderpunch and gigadrain for those rock/ground, wtr/grd, and wtr/rck combos as well as to recover health)
Ok here.
{blastoise} @ leftovers
surf
earthquake
icebeam
return/rest (havent decided which)
a tank with good offensive potential as well...
Try Return, otherwise you would change all the other moves to make a Staller. However, if you consider a Staller, I'll still be here.
{arcanine} @ leftovers
flamethrower
crunch
extremespeed
hiddenpower (electric) / dragonbreath (leaning heavily toward HP)
coulda gotten basically the same thing out of a houndoom, but arcanine has better stats and just plain looks cooler ;)HP is ok. Dragonbreath isn't really reliable.

{umbreon} @ leftovers
shadowball
psychic
hiddenpower (fighting)
moonlight
not exactly sure why everyone talks about umbreon having a low attack... maybe compared to its defense ratings the attacks are low, but for someone with an allegedly low attack, it can sure dish a beating...
Ok, nothing signifigant, but that's not what were looking for. :wink:
{scizor} @ leftovers
steelwing
wingattack
hiddenpower (ghost)
return (thought about swordsdance, but too late now)
f baton pass, scizor has one of the highest attacks in the game and im darn well gonna use it :D You could still take advantage and get rid of Hidden Power.

Not my best rate. But from my perspective, you're ok. Good job!

dont have crystal or gameshark

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Chimaerax, its a good idea, and i like the strategy of meanlooking and baton passing but instead of using it just to get to a type advantage, what about meanlooking, then doubleteaming and cursing to raise attack before baton passing

well...the i c ur point but u should really choose between curse or d-team. u need that one slot for mean look cuz then u can have big attack or good evasiveness AND type advantage. in my opinion, type advantage is way more important than curse cuz ur attacks are gonna get STAB and MULTIPLIED BY 2. plus u get resistance, most likely against the opponent's STABed attack. and the cursing plus scizor to get speed BACK is way too excessive. u should really only have one baton passer on ur team.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

raising a new {scizor} atm in order to get swords dance on there... this {scizor} 's HP is a fighting type and im guessing its in the 70 pt damage range.... i think the fighting type might be better, cause the only strength of the ghost type is against psychic and ghosts, which have a low enough defense rating as it is, but the fighting type will help against other steels and normals (like miltank) and such....

i also replaced the return on {aerodactyl} with a hyperbeam, but im not sure whether to drop that for irontail or steel wing or just leave it...

as for {umbreon} what is was getting at was dropping toxic in order to get both doubleteam and curse in there along with meanlook and batonpass...

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

dont replace return with hyper beam. when he likes u the base i damage is VERY HIGH (cant rattle off the number off the top of my head). hyper beam will waste u a turn recharging, and makes aerodactyl vulnerable. basically, keep return.

without swords dance, scizor's attacks will not be as effective. but its all up to you. if uve ever used swords dance ull know wat i mean. two of em maxes out scizor's attack and can kill most opponents in 1-2 turns even if its "not very effective".

dropping toxic for umbreon is a bad idea too. without toxic, umbreon cant deal any damage WHATSOEVER. if its ur last pokemon alive, ur screwed. and toxic-staller umbreon is very effective...so either go for toxi-stall or dont go for the stall tactic at all.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

my {aerodactyl} dont like me much though... i just traded it lol... you think steel wing or irontail might be better than return though??

what i said was that i was making a new {scizor} in order to get swords dance on there, because yes, i have used it before, and i do know how sweet it is...

also, how does one get baton pass on an {umbreon} anyway?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

im sorry :oops: i forgot u didnt have crystal or gameshark.
in crystal, eevee naturally learns baton pass so evolving after it learns the move would have granted umbreon the move. but since u dont have it, u might wanna purchase a gameshark (i got mine for about 7 USD total from a bidder on amazon.com and it was really good) or trade with a friend that has crystal.

as for {aerodactyl} steel wing over iron tail (because the increased defense would be nice) or go standard with substitute/roar.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{lanturn}
surf/t-bolt
attract
t-wave
confuse ray

{arcanine}
crunch
fthrower
dbreath
roar

{blissey}
defence curl
rollout
minimize
softboiled

{umbreon}
mean look
toxic
bpass/crunch
moonlite

{alakazam}
icepunch
fpunch
epunch
psychic

{meganium}
bslam
sunny day
solarbeam
eQ

Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

surf/t-bolt
attract
t-wave
confuse ray

I like it. Keep it. Forever. Brightpowder.

{arcanine}
crunch
fthrower
dbreath
roar

Good, but you might want to try something else over d-breath, since it only hits one type super effective. Toxic. Lefties.

{blissey}
defence curl
rollout
minimize
softboiled

Are you crazy man? Give it seismic toss over defense curl, counter over rollout, and minimize is okay, give it lefties.

{umbreon}
mean look
toxic
bpass/crunch
moonlite

This'll do. Brightpowder.

{alakazam}
icepunch
fpunch
epunch
psychic

Good since calm mind doesn't exist. Give it the berry that cures status ailments. (miracle?)

{meganium}
bslam
sunny day
solarbeam
eQ

I prefer swords dance, b-slam, EQ, and light screen/reflect. Give it lefties.

Sorry I haven't been on lately.

Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

im sorry :oops: i forgot u didnt have crystal or gameshark.
in crystal, eevee naturally learns baton pass so evolving after it learns the move would have granted umbreon the move. but since u dont have it, u might wanna purchase a gameshark (i got mine for about 7 USD total from a bidder on amazon.com and it was really good) or trade with a friend that has crystal.

as for {aerodactyl} steel wing over iron tail (because the increased defense would be nice) or go standard with substitute/roar.

Or you could use the standard set,

{umbreon} @ Leftovers
Mean Look
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Rest

Tested it myself, took out 6 rentals easily, though I still have to test it against other pokemon that are actually a challenge. Not suggested against Poison and Steel types.

Start with Confuse Ray (Just in case they switch), followed by Mean Look then Toxic and Rest when needed.

Guess i'll post a team to rate,

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Mean Look
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Rest

Standard Trapper.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Earthquake (Yes it's sharked on, but he can learn it in RSEFRLG)
Rock Slide
Extreme Speed
Light Screen

Not sure if I should Replace Extreme Speed with Body Slam. Thought about putting Curse/Extreme Speed combo too, though it makes him too slow.

Seaking @ Miracle Berry
Surf
Ice Beam
Mega Horn (Yes Sharked again)
Rest

Sharked on Mega Horn, since he can learn it in FRLG

Raichu @ Brightpowder
Surf
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Swagger

Should I use Thunder Dance instead of Swagger and T-Bolt? Though it still won't survive an Earthquake.

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

RL, as usual, you know what you're doing. For Dragonite, you may want to keep ExtremeSpeed, due to {dragonite}'s lack of Speed. That's really all I have to say.

Oh, yeah, Thunder Dance would be ok, just as always keep Surf. Other than that your team is fine. :)

Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:38 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Man, everyone is in a different timezone than me, I'm always late. T.T

I think you should put a mint berry on seaking because if they happen to paralyze you, that will cure you and you won't get to rest in one turn, and I don't think it can take a hit.

On raichu, don't change it, but you may want to put HP Ice over swagger because he has low defenses, to take care of all weaknesses. (Grass, Dragon, Ground) Unless you love the parafusion feel.

Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Man, everyone is in a different timezone than me, I'm always late. T.T

I think you should put a mint berry on seaking because if they happen to paralyze you, that will cure you and you won't get to rest in one turn, and I don't think it can take a hit.

On raichu, don't change it, but you may want to put HP Ice over swagger because he has low defenses, to take care of all weaknesses. (Grass, Dragon, Ground) Unless you love the parafusion feel.

Well I try not to use Rest on Seaking, it seems to work better with Miracleberry in some ways, I.e T-Wave, paralyzes Seaking, Seaking's speed is halved and it my not attack, so that gives to foe an extra chance to nail it and odds are it could OHKO it.
HP for Raichu is Dark, since I sharked it's DVs to the max.

Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:30 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Everyone give a warm welcome to the newest member of the Rating Team, PsyPoke's own Chimaerax! Bow, scrape, PH34R, or however you congratulate the new guy.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:16 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Congratulations; we really needed a rater here since the original raters are too busy to even rate in the RSE section's Rating Centre :P

Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

thx everyone, ill be happy to check in often and rate some.

comments on RL's team:

{dragonite}
if ure worried about speed, you may want to just replace extreme speed with t-wave. rockslide can take most ice types but just make sure u go first, so t-wave can slow em down and possibly paralyze em on the turn (u could probably survive the first ice beam if light screen is already up).

for {raichu} i have
attract (its 50% of immobilizing is much better than confusion)
t-wave
t-bolt
surf

the only problem with {raichu} is that sometimes surf doesn't KO in one hit and an EQ can take it out real quick, so hope for the best with attract's high efficiency rate.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:38 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i actually have a lil prob with my alakazam:

{alakazam}@scope lens
psychic
fire punch
ice punch
recover

i dont know if thunderpunch is necessary b/c i already have a raichu on the team with t-bolt or whether recover is very good at all. it only really heals if an opponent deals less than half my health's worth of damage. im also thinking of reflect over recover but when i tried that in r/b/y, it wasnt too great.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next