Here's the big announcement you have all been waiting for - what PsyBucks are all about!
Psybucks have been introduced to encourage people to participate in competitions and get more involved in the community.
The rewards from collecting PsyBucks are what you can spend them on - things on the forums you normally couldn't get.
Please read through all of the following before asking any questions. Questions which are asked which are answered in this guide will be deleted.
There are a number of ways you can get PsyBucks:
1) You will automatically get 50 PsyBucks when you sign up to the forums. Those which have already signed up will receive 50 PsyBucks.
2) If you join a Team, or are a member of a Team before December 31st 2005, you will get 25 PsyBucks on Dec 31st.
3) If the Admins spot you helping out other users, they will reward you with some PsyBucks as a reward. They will NOT reward back seat moderating.
4) If you compete in the Art Competitions, you will earn some PsyBucks for competing, and PsyBuck prizes will be rewarded. These will be outlined in the competiton threads.
5) If you compete in the Song Games, you will earn some PsyBucks for competing, and PsyBuck prizes will be rewarded. These will be outlined in the competiton threads.
6) Psypoke Trivia - When trivia is held, PsyBucks will be up for grabs.
7) Certain site competitions which will be announced in the future will involve PsyBucks being rewarded.
8) Submitting Guides for the site or forums will earn you PsyBucks, which will be determined by the Admin's discretion.
9) Getting Donations from other Psypokes!
And here are the thing which you can currently spend your PsyBucks on:
NB: This list will grow as we add more exciting things
1) Items from individual shops. People can start up their own shops in Slateport Market - please adhere to the Slateport Rules
. The maximum amount anyone can charge for ANY item is 100 PsyBucks. People don't have to charge anything in shops if they don't wish to. Real items cannot be sold in shops.
2) Trainer Card/Team Alteration - 20 PsyBucks. Those who already have their order in will get theirs.
3) Trainer Card Rank Update/PsyQuest Update - 5 PsyBucks
4) Custom Rank* - Previously Made - 2000 PsyBucks. See below for details.
5) Name Change - 2500 PsyBucks.
6) Custom Rank* - Make a New One - 5000 PsyBucks. See below for details.
7) Unique Rank* - Only you may use - 10,000 PsyBucks. See below for details.
8 ) Donate them to a friend!
The new ranks are as follows:
The 'Unique Rank' can be purchased uniquely for you - only you are able to use it and nobody can buy the 'Custom Rank - Previously Made' to use it.
The 'Custom rank - Make a New One' can be purchased and you get that rank. However others can pay 2000 PsyBucks to use this rank. This is good when a group of people want a rank - they can split the 5000 PsyBucks between them, and just spend 2000 PsyBucks each to all get the rank.
The 'Custom Rank - Previously Made' is where you choose a rank someone has made in the 'Custom rank - Make a New One' option.
With these ranks, you obviously cannot make a rank which makes you look like an Elite, a Frontier Brain, or a Gym Leader in any way. You also cannot use any ranks which make you look like you are on Probation, like you are a Team leader, or like you are banned. You also can't use any of the post count ranks to make you look like you have a higher post count than you actually do.
A few points:
- Team entry is free, and always will be - the teams cannot charge people an entry or membership fee.
- Forum sign up is, and always will be free - you get 50 PsyBucks when you sign up.
- Don't bother donating to the Elites - for us, we can already get any of the things up to buy for nothing, and also give ourselves PsyBucks to give away.
- PsyBucks cannot be exchanged for any real currency, are not legal tender, and cannot be used to purchase anything of material value. People caught doing this will be punished.
- PsyBucks cannot be sold for anything of material value. People caught doing this will be punished.
- People caught signing up multiple times and giving PsyBucks to one account will be banned, so don't do it.
- Any other dodgy dealings with PsyBucks will also be stopped
We plan to set all the above up very soon, however not all of this is ready yet. When it is ready, everyone will be given 50 PsyBucks, and any Team PsyBucks. We have not set a date for it's full implementation yet.
For now, the only way you can get PsyBucks is through donations and receiving them from the Gym Leaders, Frontier Brains and Elites for doing good things. There isn't much you can spend them on.
You can charge in your shops from now on, however it isn't advised, as not many people have enough PsyBucks to do anything, so my advice is to wait until the full PsyBucks system comes in to effect.
If you have any questions, (make sure you've read all of the above) please reply! I hope you all enjoy earning and using your PsyBucks!