It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Did I miss a post that you rated Ursaring on?

Nope, haven't tested that yet either. I will, though.

Flygon: Just changing one move won't make a big difference. That's just too close to a variation of a Special Sweeping one. Sorry.

Crobats: First one should go with another Pokemon in the 2 vs. 2 Battles guide in Hoenn Generation. Second one deals with Physical attacking, so Giga Drain shouldn't be there. If you take off that and go with Sludge Bomb and HP Bug/Rock, you'll just be a Phys. Sweeper with a side move, similar to the one in Competitive Movesets guide in the NetBattle forum. Sorry.

Blissey: For one, its max attack is something like 120. Double Edge will do practically nothing at all. It has no chance of surviving or working what-so-ever.

Blastoise: Should be worth testing. I'll let you know how I do the EV's and such if it gets to the HoF. I'm not too sure at the moment how it may do.

For those unaware or unsure, the ones I'm currently testing are: Ursaring, Girafarig, and Blastoise.

Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

WHOA! i didn't expect to get a test on my first try cool can't wait to c if it works

Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:48 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Before submitting a Pokemon to be tested:

1. Check the Standard Movesets Guide
2. Check the Creative Movesets Hall of Fame
3. Check the Competitive Movesets Guide
4. Know what you

Last edited by tiger10x on Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I know you guys haven`t even finished the Girafarig I posted,but 2 is the limit right?
Behold,the Salamence of doom...

{salamence} @ Leftovers
Ability:Intimidate
Nature:Any neutral nature works (Hardy,Docile,Bashfull,Quirky,Serious)
EVs:252 Speed,129 Atack,129 Special Atack
~HP (Grass)
~Dragon Claw
~Aerial Ace
~Earthquake

HP (Grass) is for Ice Beam wielding Water types and Rock types.Aerial Ace is for Rock move weilding Fighting types.Dragon Claw is for other dragons and Earthquake is just there for pure anihilation.Now,I know a mixed sweeper EV spread doesn`t work that well but this thing has monstrous Atack and Special Atack stats.Basicaly,anything that`s slower than it gets taken care of and there won`t be any faster things that can OHKO it with an Ice move.You like?

Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:09 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Salamence, like many other Dragons, are used either as physical or special sweepers, to avoid split EVs. Your moveset seems like a combination of the physical sweeping set (the recommended, since Salamence has better Attack and learns Dragon Dance/Belly Drum) and the special sweeping set. Not that creative, and split EVs. I don't think it'll work well :?

Updated the Test List. View it if you're unsure whether your set is being tested or testing has been completed.

Gardy's Scizor has been added to the Hall of Fame, so congratulations :D

Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I really don`t think there can be a problem with turning a high-stat pokemon like Salamence into a mixed sweeper.That`s what JsXtm did with the Metagross but the weakness coverage is more important than sweeping imo.

Last edited by mr.m.m.j. on Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:37 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I don't mean that Salamence can't be a Special Sweeper. Read my post properly. I meant that Dragon types are either used as Special Sweepers OR Physical Sweepers; they are more effective that way due to the lack of split EVs and all. So your mixed sweeping set wouldn't work as well. It's also merely merging the Special Sweeping set with the Physical one, so nothing very creative there :?

Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry,I meant mixed sweeper.JsXtm did the same thing with Metagross - Psychic and Meteor Mash are pretty standard atacks on a Metagross.Also I don`t think HP (Grass) is a standard on Salamence.I`m just saying Salamence doesn`t need that much concentrated EVs because its stats are high enough already.

Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:49 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

JxXtm's Metagross was mainly Special, with Meteor Mash the only physical move. That can be ignored because of its very high power. HP Grass might be new, but Dragon Claw, EQ and Aerial Ace aren't. I'll have to wait for a second opinion on this, maybe that would convince me. Sorry about that.

Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:20 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Like Snow said, Salamence is one of those Pokemon that can do Physical or Special sweeping well, so Mixed Sweeping cuts down on power and effectiveness. Also, it's just not creative anyway, because Salamence is usually a Pokemon that attacks.

Metagross on the other hand, isn't well suited for Special Sweeping, so that's why it's creative enough to use as Mixed Sweeping. Like Snow said on that too, the EV factor.

It may not be a standard, but it isn't too creative in the first place and won't work too well in the second.

No test results yet; I'll edit them in later perhaps. I'm going to be looking over a better way of scoring Pokemon for HoF as I do so. I didn't expect that to be a final scale at all.

Edit: (Results)

Girafarig: I never got to test out the Rest/Early Bird thing because it kept fainting the turn I was going to use Rest. Yeah, unlucky. But either way, did it as expected and like other Girafarigs would if it isn't a BPer. Worth 5 PsyBucks.

Ursaring: Did well, too. I got a nice break while testing it and got to max Swords Dance and get Guts working. It took care of the rest of the team with HP Ghost with ease. I changed the item to Leftovers and nature to Jolly like I said. Another 5.

Blastoise: Not too good, but works. Has some difficulties with healing itself like Ursaring. It usually gets to poison two Pokemon and it's gone. The offense of it doesn't work too well to make up for it. Just doesn't work well enough all around, sorry.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ah well i'll have to come up with something else

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:18 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Updated the Test List, Hall of Fame, and given out the Psybucks for the Ursaring and Girafarig sets. Congratulations.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yay,my set has been imortalized in the Hall of Fame! 8)

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

How about this one?

{jirachi} @ Brightpowder
252 Def/252 SDF/6 Hp
Doctile
Cosmic Power
Doom Desire
Wish
Psychic

Cosmic Power up, than Doom Desire, repeat. Cool thing is Brightpowder=Approxametly 16% Accuracy loss on your opponent, which put all their attacks to Jirachi's level, exept Aerial Ace/Shock Wave/etc. Just watch out for Fire/Ground attacks.

Image Thanks CF!

99.5 of all Sigs have Stupid Statistics, and the Elite Four can delete all of them.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:35 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Not too special IMO. Wish, Psychic and Cosmic Power are common moves for Jirachi. Brightpowder isn't too useful (unless you're creating an evasive Pokemon, with many evasive moves), and people hate the use of accuracy-reducing items of the current Metagame anyway (though this doesn't apply to creative movesets judging).

Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{steelix} @ Leftovers
Ability:Sturdy
Nature:Adamant (+ Atack,- Special Atack)
EVs:252 Atack,129 Defense,129 Hp
~Defense Curl
~Rollout
~HP (Flying)
~Substitute

First Substitute then Defense Curl.Proceed to Rollout the opponent.HP (Flying) is there so Fighting types aren`t a problem.EVs are in Atack for better damage and Defense and Hp for physical survivability.Sturdy is there because...well Rock Head is pretty useless without a recoil move and it protects Steelix against Lock On + Fissure Nosepass or...something similar :/.I`m not good at berries at all so you can change the lefties if you want to and replace them with a Defense/Atack boosting or healing berry.This thing should stay clear of Water types because they instanly own him,period.Fire types can be KO-ed with Rollout.The Ground and Water weaknesses can`t be helped at all but I would say he pretty much covers his other weaknesses and gives a hard time to anything else.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I'm not sure if this one's been suggested already, but I thought it was interesting.

{exeggutor} @ Lefties
Modest, Chlorophyll
EVs 251 SA, the rest divided between Def. and SD.
Psychic
LeechSeed
Toxic
Protect

It's fairly straightfoward. Seed, Toxic, then Protect. The Lefties and Seed should heal you of most damage when Protect fails or you use Psychic. Psychic is there to counter Grass/poison types who are immune to both Toxic and LeechSeed, as well as to give it an attacking move.

Last edited by Skytune on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alright, I'll get working on aanother one.

Image Thanks CF!

99.5 of all Sigs have Stupid Statistics, and the Elite Four can delete all of them.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:07 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Steelix: Doesn't look like it'll work too well, but it's worth a shot. I can test that.

Exeggutor: Looks like it'll work. I'll probably end up changing the EVs to something like 252 Sp. Def and 129 HP and Def, as Psychic already receives STAB. I can test that, too.

When I test out these, I'll be testing out a new (different) scale as well, but that won't decide if these make it to HoF or not.

Edit: (Results... pretty fast this time)

Steelix not too well. Kind of weak to the Special attacks anyway. It didn't live long enough to get Defense Curl and Rollout up anyway.

Exeggutor did great, though. I used the EV's as above (what I suggested). Ended up taking down a Suicune beautifully. 5 PsyBucks.

I've edited my scale on the other post, and it works pretty well.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I know I`m probably pushing it with my "creative" movesets but I just can`t help my creativeness these days :P.Behold the Ludicolo.

{ludicolo} @ Leftovers
Ability:Doesn`t matter,Rain Dance isn`t in the moveset
Nature:Modest (+ Special Atack,- Atack)
EVs:252 Special Atack,129 Defense,129 Speed
~Sunny Day
~Fire Punch
~Solarbeam
~Synthesis

Set up Sunny Day then use Fire Punch and Solarbeam at will.Synthesis is there for healing which is boosted a little by Sunny Day being active.The Punch gives Bug types a hard time and I know Flying and Poison types give Ludi trouble but this set is good and I think it`s worth trying out.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

That one's okay. The Ability should be Swift Swim so if the Rain comes out, you have more Speed to set up the Sunny Day. I'll test.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Adamant Nature (+A, -SA)
Ability: Rock Head
Evs: 126HP, 126 Spd, 252HP
Defense Curl
Rollout
Thunder Wave (staller)
Double-Edge/Iron Tail
DC+Rollout, Thunder Wave to stall and Double-Edge(w/Rock Head) for an attack. For those mean Ghosts, put Iron Tail instead. If the EV's need to be adjusted, then do so.
The things I do when I'm bored....
-Gardevoir~

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

On the Aggron, I really don't think that'll work well. Similar to the Steelix, Rollout won't do much at first, and you'll just be pretty vulnerable in there. The reason the Snorlax worked was because it had Belly Drum to max the power, it could heal itself (the Rest version at least), and had reasonable defenses.

Also, Thunder Wave and Quick Claw is redundant, so that should be switched for Leftovers. Another suggestion could be to take off Double-Edge/Iron Tail and put in Swagger. That would get it working better, more than likely... except if they're a Fighting.

I'm not sure too where to go on it, though.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:41 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

The reason why Snorlax can pull it off is also because Snorlax can last long enough. Reasonable Defense stat plus the fact that it is only weak to Fighting moves helped. On the other hand, Steelix and Aggron have too many weaknesses. A single Surf might be able to take them out already.

I've updated the Hall of Fame and Test List. Skytune will be aiding tiger10x in testing some of the sets from now on. Also, Water Pokemon Master/Benjamin has indicated that he would not be interested to come back and help out (lost interest in Pokemon), so he's been removed from the "Staff" List :?

Anyway, congratulations to Skytune for the Exeggutor set :D

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:47 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yeah, I didnt think it would be extremely effective, see the "Im bored" part. Sometimes I get extremely bored and supply my good Pokes with horrible movesets. Yay!

-Gardevoir~

Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 58  Next